Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk
Reload this Page >

What anime have you watched or/are currently watching?

Community
Search
Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

What anime have you watched or/are currently watching?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-17, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts
Re: What anime have you watched or/are currently watching?

Originally Posted by Thrush
Seven Deadly Sins season 2 was a huge let down. Only 4 episodes and it was basically an extended conclusion to season 1.
Technically it was not Season 2 though... While Netflix wrongfully advertised it as such, Japan actually called it a TV Special which was just meant to bridge Season 1 with Season 2. The 'real' Season 2 has already been green-lit though, but no date set yet for when it'll be aired.

Also this Spring has a show called 'Sin: Nanatsu no Taizai' which despite also being "The Seven Deadly Sins" is a completely unrelated franchise, that seems to mostly be about nearly naked big boobed girls that are also named after The Seven Deadly Sins. Just thought I should mention this because a lot of people seemed to have been confused about whether it's connected or not on other communities.
Old 03-16-17, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Sora no Method (known as Celestial Method in the West) is watchable stuff if you enjoy shows like Anohana and its ilk. Youthful nostalgia and vaguely extranatural themes work in its favor.
Old 03-19-17, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
I have been watching the Detective Conan collection in Netflix and I must say that I have become a huge fan. I know that there's tons of episodes and movies. The episodes in the collection is not in chronological order and I tended to get lost when they referenced previous episodes. I'm wondering if most of the episodes has been released in North America?
I got the first 5 "seasons" DVD set from Funimation. At least it gives me a good sense of the show's characters and history unlike the Netflix episodes. Kind of sad that it never caught on here in NA.
Old 04-05-17, 10:08 PM

Received 515 Likes on 371 Posts

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid was a great show. I love the manga, and KyoAni managed to improve it. If you like slice of life comedy shows, check it out.

AniTAY did a good review of the show:

http://anitay.kinja.com/miss-kobayas...iew-1793406556
Old 04-08-17, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 164 Likes on 121 Posts

Started watching Tekkaman Blade, since I never did get around to finishing the series, and also plan to start Beast King GoLion, which is available I see on Crunchyroll.

Only seen the first few episodes of Tekkaman Blade so far, but it already seems light years better than the dub, Teknoman.
Old 04-09-17, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm watching Prison School again with the English dub this time. The Japanese dub for Prison School is one of the funniest entertainment programs I've ever seen. It's inspired genius.

I don't think Prison School is for everyone but the humor is pitch-perfect far longer than it has any right being.

The English dub is pretty good on its own terms. I don't think it holds up perfectly to the Japanese soundtrack but is far more faithful to the original material than most Funimation dubs.
Old 04-18-17, 08:52 AM

I just binge watched Shirobako. It was such a great show. I tried watching it when it originally aired, but felt overwhelmed by the first episode. It starts out with a confusing infodump that introduces around 20 characters all at once. But if you stick with the show, it's definitely worthwhile. And you'll learn a lot about the anime-making process.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/shirobako
Old 06-06-17, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought the anime "Actually, I am..." from Discotek. So far I really like it.
Old 06-06-17, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Started watching School-Live!

Two episodes in and it seems this is going to be headed toward heart-broken territory.
Old 06-09-17, 09:56 PM

I've been watching Aria: The Animation. I'm about halfway through the first season, and I'm really enjoying it so far. It's a very peaceful, relaxing, slice-of-life show.

I bought it on Vudu. It was around $30 for all 3 seasons + 2 OVA episodes. Unfortunately, it's only SD-quality. But it looks fine.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/477/Aria_The_Animation
Old 06-10-17, 01:53 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 536 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
I've been watching Aria: The Animation. I'm about halfway through the first season, and I'm really enjoying it so far. It's a very peaceful, relaxing, slice-of-life show.

I bought it on Vudu. It was around $30 for all 3 seasons + 2 OVA episodes. Unfortunately, it's only SD-quality. But it looks fine.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/477/Aria_The_Animation
Don't forget Aria The Avvenire (3 eps) from 2015. Hopefully RightStuf eventually license and release it.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/29893/Aria_The_Avvenire

Spoiler:
Old 06-10-17, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Triage X is a fun blend of action and fan service. A team of high school assassins remove criminals from society.
Old 06-13-17, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I don't think Prison School is for everyone
You can say that again. Aside from the principal's speech pattern (which somehow never got old and always made me laugh), I thought it was terrible.

I'm currently keeping up with the second season of My Hero Academia, which is focusing a bit too much on action sequences for my taste, and I just started the third season of Haikyu!! We're finishing up a house remodel, so I haven't had much spare time for anything.
Old 07-08-17, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just finished Seasons 1 & 2 of Gate. It was very good. Fairly unique take on the genre.
Old 07-20-17, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm working my way through Punch Line. Descriptions of the show make it sound like ecchi but it's really a funny comedy.
Old 07-20-17, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

Kill la Kill was the last show that really wowed me. It is on Netflix and I highly recommend it. It's a fast-paced, funny and entertaining action series with some interesting themes on fashion and image.
Old 07-21-17, 11:33 AM

Just started watching Baccano! It's....interesting.
Old 07-21-17, 11:57 AM

Finished watching "Clannad" and Clannad After story". Great anime with a lot of emotional pull.
Old 07-21-17, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by tripplej
Finished watching "Clannad" and Clannad After story". Great anime with a lot of emotional pull.
Clannad is still incredible after all these years. One of the most humane, down-to-earth anime I've ever seen despite its central themes.

After Story is must-see watching if you enjoyed Clannad but it's so emotionally gutwrenching that I don't think I will ever watch it again.
Old 07-24-17, 11:10 AM
Banned

Black Butler

--
Old 07-24-17, 11:23 AM

I am now watching "the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya" season 1. So far so good. Keeping my attention.
Old 07-24-17, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Clannad is still incredible after all these years. One of the most humane, down-to-earth anime I've ever seen despite its central themes.

After Story is must-see watching if you enjoyed Clannad but it's so emotionally gutwrenching that I don't think I will ever watch it again.
I agree. the After story is tough to watch.
Old 07-24-17, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,505 Posts

Originally Posted by tripplej
I am now watching "the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya" season 1. So far so good. Keeping my attention.
Just be aware that there's a sequence of episodes called the endless 8 in the second season. I'm not one for spoilers but I doubt you'll really want to sit through all seven episodes of that.
Old 09-15-17, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I started watching my copy of Armored Fleet Dairugger XV Collection 1, after finding it in one of my dressers.
Old 09-21-17, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've started watching Hellsing, since I discovered it was on Hulu today. I've only seen the first episode so far, but it looks like a good horror anime.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.