Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

Pretty Cure

Old 11-06-11, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pretty Cure

Anyone have any idea when the English Dub may be available on DVD. I would assume it would have to come out in Canada at some point.
Old 11-07-11, 04:29 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 520 Likes on 457 Posts
Re: Pretty Cure

While it's legally available in various streaming outlets (with English subs), I don't know if any N. American distributors will take a chance at this (even with English sub only releases).
Old 11-09-11, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Now that Marvelous Entertainment (before it became Marvelous AQL) released completely remastered versions of Futari wa Pretty Cure and Futari wa Pretty Cure Max Heart on DVD in Japan, I do think there is a chance we could see both series finally come to the USA legally on DVD. And unlike the later Pretty Cure franchise TV series, these two series define the original Pretty Cure concept the best and could stand on its own merits.
Old 11-09-11, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wish they'd release Heartcatch Precure in the US. While the original is, well, the original... Heartcatch is probably the best of the series.