Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

Anime Figures

Old 04-24-11, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Anime Figures

I started a figure collection, Does anyone have need to know info about buying figures? manufactures I should look for? other info? I don't want to buy a figure thats cheaply made or fakes.

Last edited by chrisc31; 01-14-16 at 05:52 PM.
Old 04-25-11, 09:40 AM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Anime Figures

Hey Chris! Welcome to the money pit that is figure collecting!

One of the best places you can shop is AmiAmi. I recommend them whole heartedly and they are the best importer from Japan I have used. Their prices are often the cheapest as well. Their products are 100% legit and direct from the figure manufacturer.

As far as manufacturers the better ones are Good Smile, Kotobukiya, MegaHouse, Max Factory, Orchid Seed (smut figures), and Alphamax.

I got a couple figures at Anime Boston, but one thing to watch out for is that figures in the $30 price range are often lower quality. If you want the good stuff be prepared to shell out $60+.
Old 04-25-11, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,456 Posts

I will second AmiAmi, but be warned, they do not take kindly to canceled preorders. Also, the Yenollar ratio is absolutely awful right now, something I learned firsthand because I just paid for a shipment (I don't collect many anime figures, but I do collect tokusatsu figures and all kinds of robots, which means I mostly collect Bandai). HLJ.com is also really good and has a better ordering systems, but often can't match amiami's discounts... but they do have great sales, and they have several figure sales right now. Both ship from Japan, so make sure you factor in the higher shipping costs and time. Bigbadtoystore is a domestic store that gets a lot of imported stuff too.

It helps if you know which kinds of figures you want to collect: Do you want statues or action figures or dolls or cheaper gashopon or candy toys, and do you want realistic or Super Deformed proportions, etc.

Diamond Previews also solicits several imported figures, so you can take a look at what's offered and try to go down to your local comic book shop and preorder them (Previews shows you what's coming out approximately 2 months from now). They will frequently be cheaper than yen to dollar conversion of the Japanese retail price.
Old 04-26-11, 08:55 PM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Chris! Here are some close-ups of that Yuri figure you were eyeing. I also posted my figures from Anime Boston :-)
Old 04-27-11, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Dragon Fly
Hey Chris! Here are some close-ups of that Yuri figure you were eyeing. I also posted my figures from Anime Boston :-)
The more I look at it the more I want one. Another figure I might buy is the "Kotobukiya" Clannad Fujibayashi Kyo Gym Ver Figure. I can't buy many figures.
Old 06-28-11, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.nutsforanimefigures.com
Old 01-14-16, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I started ordering figures from Crunchyroll last year and I just got my first Hyperdimension Neptunia figure today. Black Heart figure, 1/7 scale is much bigger then I thought it would be. I have three more on pre-order, Purple Heart, Noire, and Blanc.

Last edited by chrisc31; 03-17-16 at 03:23 AM.
Old 01-14-16, 06:53 PM

Received 503 Likes on 364 Posts

I'd love to collect Nendoroids. But there's no way I'm paying $40+ a piece. If they were in the $15 range, I'd be all over them.
Old 01-15-16, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not anime, per se, but I recently got sucked into figures by ThreeA - anyone else have any of these?

I have three so far; Tomorrow King Cornelius, Tomorrow King KDA, and the Blind Cowboy/Dead Horse superset.

I had to stop at 3 because of the price. So pricey, but so well made and detailed.

Blind Cowboy

Cornelius & KDA

I haven't picked up any anime figures in a long time. I think the most recent were the Daft Punk Bandai Tamashii Nations SH Figuarts figures back in early 2014

Old 09-08-16, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Image removed becouse Photobucket doesn't allow free forum posting anymore.

This is my Neptunia figure collection, I like them better in their factory sealed boxes.

I ordered a new one today also Purple Heart Dress Version Hyperdimension Neptunia Figure

Last edited by chrisc31; 03-31-18 at 05:16 AM.
Old 09-15-16, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

Nice ones. I am always conflicted about bringing figures below the statue level out of their packaging. They also eat up display space pretty quickly.
Old 12-10-16, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My wallet is going to cry, Crunchyroll just listed a new Purple Heart 1/7th Scale Figure from Alter for $204.99.

I still am waiting for my Purple Heart Dress Version Hyperdimension Neptunia Figure.