Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

K-on!

Old 01-29-11, 05:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
K-on!

From the creaters of Clannad, Kanon, Air TV, Lucky Star, and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Last edited by chrisc31; 09-27-14 at 11:35 AM.
Old 01-29-11, 06:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: K-on!

K-On! is probably my favorite series that's aired within the last couple of years. Happy to see an official US release (and in Blu Ray!) finally scheduled.
Old 01-29-11, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisc31
From the creaters of Clannad, Clannad After Story, Kanon, Air TV, Lucky Star, and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

K-ON!, Vol.1 (DVD) - 100 minutes - $29.98 - 4/26/11

K-ON!, Vol.1 (Blu-ray) - 100 minutes - $34.98 - 4/26/11

Special Features - Interview with Stephanie Sheh (Voice of Yui Hirasawa)

I've been waiting to see this since I first heard about it, but since I don't download or watch stuff on-line and my local Japanese video store refused to carry it (what, they're afraid of making money?), I've had to wait until this news of an impending release. You say 100 min., but if you look at the info on the links you provide, it says 66 min., which would indicate only three eps. on the initial DVD, not four. Which sucks, esp. at those prices.
Old 01-29-11, 08:53 AM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 520 Likes on 457 Posts

It's slated to be a 4 volume release. The 66 minute run time is what's given via the official solicitation. The LE (as of now) has not materialize.

EDIT: The 4-episode count is correct.

Last edited by WTK; 01-31-11 at 03:09 PM.
Old 01-29-11, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow, 4 volumes for a 12 ep + 2 bonus ep season in this day and age is just stupid.

I guess we should expect 6-8 volumes for season 2 if Bandai isn't out of business by then.
Old 01-31-11, 04:35 PM
WTK

Official website: http://www.k-on.bandai-ent.com/
Old 02-22-11, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Kevin M. Dean
Wow, 4 volumes for a 12 ep + 2 bonus ep season in this day and age is just stupid.

I guess we should expect 6-8 volumes for season 2 if Bandai isn't out of business by then.
I didn't think K-On!! (aka Season 2) was licensed yet.
Old 02-20-12, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Via Ann

Sentai Filmworks Licenses K-ON!! Anime Season 2

The North American anime licensing company Sentai Filmworks announced on Monday that it licensed the second season of the K-ON!! television anime series. The 26-episode anime sequel and the accompanying OVA will be available on DVD and Blu-ray Disc later this year. Sentai Filmworks is collaborating with Bang Zoom! Entertainment on the dub.
Old 02-21-12, 07:21 AM

I was so happy when they announced this yesterday. I wonder had Bandai secured the license for season two or did Sentai just jump on it as soon as they said they weren't licensing anymore titles?
Old 04-22-12, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

K-ON Season 2: Collection 1

Synopsis: For two full years, Yui, Mio, Ritsu and Tsumugi have worked together to keep Sakuragaoka Girl's High School's struggling Light Music Club alive, and along the way they've begun to build a reputation as real rock musicians... especially since the previous year's addition of underclassman rhythm guitarist Azusa. But as a new school year begins, there are new and scary challenges ahead.

With four fifths of the club graduating at the end of the year, replacement members have to be recruited. There are college exams to prepare for, colleges to choose, and friends to prepare to say goodbye to. But no matter what happens, they'll have their faculty adviser and secret former death metal guitar/vocalist Sawako Yamada there to help them in her own unusual way, especially since she's now their homeroom teacher as well!

Most of all, they'll have each other. The group of amateur musicians who barely knew each other has become much more than just a band, and by the time this school year is over, they're going to achieve something so amazing it requires multiple exclamation marks!!

via TRSI:

K-ON!! Season 2 Blu-ray Collection 1 (Hyb)

K-ON!! Season 2 DVD Collection 1 (Hyb)

Contains episodes: 1-13.

Special Features: Clean Opening Animation, Clean Closing Animation.

Spoken Languages: English, Japanese, English subtitles.

Last edited by chrisc31; 04-07-14 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-25-12, 03:51 AM

Received 499 Likes on 360 Posts

I ran across these real world pics from the K-On school and their Kyoto trip. I love how they have a table set-up in the music room with the tea and cakes.

http://punynari.wordpress.com/2010/0...rimage-part-1/
http://punynari.wordpress.com/2010/0...rimage-part-2/
http://punynari.wordpress.com/2010/0...me-pilgrimage/

Has there been any US DVD/BD announcement for the K-On! Movie yet?
Old 07-28-12, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

K-ON Season 2: Collection 2

Synopsis: Sometimes music and words come together so perfectly that the combination is far more powerful than either would be alone. In much the same way, the five members of the Sakuragaoka Girl's High School's Light Music Club have become far more than just a group of girls with similar interests; more, even, than just a group of friends. Through the medium of music they've found a common course in life, and whatever the future may bring, they know they can get through it if they stand together... which makes the coming end of the school year and the graduation of the four older members something that's dreaded as much as it's looked forward to.

In the meantime, however, there's so much going on it's as life has decided to throw everything it can at them. Going to music festivals won't be hard to swing, but running a marathon? That will be a stretch! Yearbook photos? The horror! And a school play with Mio and Ritsu cast as Romeo and Juliet? Ooo, awkward. Then, of course, there's one big final performance for the band!

via Rightstuf:

K-ON!! Season 2 Blu-ray Collection 2 (Hyb)

K-ON!! Season 2 DVD Collection 2 (Hyb)

Contains episodes: 14-27.

Special Features: Clean Opening Animation, Clean Closing Animation.

Old 08-11-12, 07:20 AM

K-On!: Season Two (dubbed) is now available for streaming at The Anime Network. Episode 1 is free, but the rest requires a premium subscription.

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime...Season-2/Watch
Old 05-05-13, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

K-ON The Movie

Synopsis: Graduation time is finally here, but the girls of the Sakuragaoka Girl's High Light Music Club aren't going to let the end of high school be the end of all they've built together. First though, they have to keep a promise to take a trip together, and like everything else they do, they're not doing it halfway. So it's time to hop on the bus - the double-decker bus that is - and go around the world as the band heads for the birthplace of the British Invasion: the United Kingdom!

On the way they're going to have to solve that one last big puzzle that's been vexing them: what to get for their underclassman rhythm guitarist Azusa, who will be taking over the club once they don their caps and gowns and leave Sakuragaoka for the last time. Get ready for a Magical Musical Tour as the whole gang takes in the sights and sounds of London and prepares for one last amazing encore!

via TRSI:

K-ON!: The Movie Blu-ray (Hyb)

K-ON!: The Movie DVD (Hyb)

Special Features: Interviews, K-ON's Anniversary, 1-2-3 K-ON!, Live Event, K-On in London, Trailer, Teaser.

Old 06-08-13, 06:38 PM

Another season of K-On? Yes please!

New "K-On!" Visual Invites Fan Speculation

This month's Animedia magazine has run a K-On! spread that's raising fan eyebrows. What they noticed is that while Azusa is in her school uniform, the other girls are in casual clothes... along the lines of when the manga relaunched in 2011 with one series following the main cast in college and a second featuring high school light music club members Azusa, Ui, and Jun.
Old 08-07-13, 05:14 AM

K-On!: The Movie is available at Vudu for $12.99 (HDX). It only has the English Dub audio track, but the HDX video looks excellent. Not a bad price considering the DVD & BD go for around $25-$30.

Old 08-07-13, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^ I got K-ON the movie on Blu-ray during a 46% off sale at Rightstuf for only $21.59 the extra $ was well worth it.
Old 09-07-13, 11:11 PM
Suspended

Good show
Old 09-08-13, 09:01 AM
WTK

For those who missed the K-ON! Movie post on the free streaming thread, it's now streaming on Hulu (US residents).

<iframe width="512" height="288" src="http://www.hulu.com/embed.html?eid=rzq3mg2jwz26t3u4tri-5a" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 09-27-14, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

K-ON! Season 1

Synopsis: Rock 'n' roll may never die, but the Sakuragoaka Girl's High School Light Music Club might not be here to stay unless would-be drummer Ritsu Tainaka can find three more members to replace the graduated seniors. Determined to see that the beat goes on, Ritsu can get a little help from her friend Mio Akiyama on bass, and together they might be able to convince choir-inclined Tsumugi Kotobuki to join on the keyboards. But even then, they'll still need a hero, preferably of the juke-box variety with stars in her eyes.

Instead, they find Yui Hirasawa, who's looking for a club to join and who's never held a guitar in her life. But when Yui does pick up a beat-up six-string, it feels good in her hands, and it doesn't take long to understand that maybe she's finally found a place where she belongs. Because you can't stop the music when four girls share a dream, even if it's something as crazy as someday playing at the famous Budokan. It's going to be a long and winding road, but if they find their passion and follow their muse, they could go anywhere!
via Rightstuf

K-ON! Season 1 DVD Complete Collection (Hyb)

Contains episodes 1-14.

Special Features: Winter Days!, Live House, Clean Opening & Closing Animations.

Spoken Languages: English, Japanese, English subtitles

Last edited by chrisc31; 09-27-14 at 11:38 AM.
Old 09-27-14, 11:42 AM

I saw the threadbump and was hoping for a Season 3 announcement.