Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk
Reload this Page >

New Berserk Anime Project Launching

Community
Search
Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

New Berserk Anime Project Launching

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-15, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts
Re: New Berserk Anime Project Launching

I wonder why they decided to redo the Golden Age arc in the movies. Even with Miura slowing down his releases to a snail's pace, there's a lot of content available to adapt after that arc, and the setting is so wildly different anyway after what happens in the flashback that they could easily justify just jumping right in.
Old 02-04-16, 10:14 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 533 Likes on 469 Posts

http://4NN.cx/.98320
New Berserk Anime is TV Series That Premieres in July
posted on 2016-02-04 04:24 EST

Series depicting Guts as Black Swordsman airs on WOWOW, MBS

The official website for the new anime of Kentarou Miura's Berserk manga announced on Thursday that the project will be a TV series that will premiere in July. The series will air on WOWOW first, before airing in MBS's "Animeism" programming block. The new anime will be titled Berserk.

[...]

Source: Anime! Anime
Old 02-06-17, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was pretty bummed out by the bleak ending of the original TV series...was there meant to be more to the story?
Old 02-06-17, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by boltz009
I was pretty bummed out by the bleak ending of the original TV series...was there meant to be more to the story?
Yep. Even now, the manga still hasn't been concluded. So there is plenty to do.
Old 02-07-17, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Koby
Yep. Even now, the manga still hasn't been concluded. So there is plenty to do.
Hmm...was it an intentional decision to end the TV series where it ended? It hardly even felt like a cliff hanger, more like just a void. Where would one begin with the manga &/or other releases to pick up where the story left off?
Old 02-07-17, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by boltz009
Hmm...was it an intentional decision to end the TV series where it ended? It hardly even felt like a cliff hanger, more like just a void. Where would one begin with the manga &/or other releases to pick up where the story left off?
When the show reach that point, the manga hadn't really advanced that much further, so I guess it was sort of intentional. It didn't even end where a manga chapter ended, it just stopped right in the middle of one. Without adding filler, I don't think they could've gone much beyond the eclipse at that point. There was a lot in the manga, to that point, that wasn't adapted for the show, so it may have always been planned as a one-off 25 episode show.

As to where to pick up in the manga, it actually starts a year or so after the eclipse, so you could start at volume 1 (the anime adapted volumes 4-13). To pick up exactly where the anime left off, you would want volumes 13 and 14.