Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk
Reload this Page >

Can you tell me about Armitage III?

Community
Search
Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-10, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was browsing Netflix for next anime series to watch - I came across this Armitage III.

Is it a sequel to previous Armitage series? Netflix only showed two Armitage DVDs: Armitage III: Poly-Matrix and Armitage III: Dual-Matrix. People are complaining that they're more like hacked-up from 4-part series - I'm bit skeptical adding them onto my queue. Is it good or what?
Old 06-16-10, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts
Re: Can you tell me about Armitage III?

Originally Posted by McHawkson
I was browsing Netflix for next anime series to watch - I came across this Armitage III.

Is it a sequel to previous Armitage series? Netflix only showed two Armitage DVDs: Armitage III: Poly-Matrix and Armitage III: Dual-Matrix. People are complaining that they're more like hacked-up from 4-part series - I'm bit skeptical adding them onto my queue. Is it good or what?
The main character is Naomi Armitage and she's a "Third." Hence the title. You'll have to see it to find out what a "Third" is.

Armitage III started out as a 4-part OAV series, released by Pioneer on VHS in an English dub, one part at a time. Pioneer put the entire series, all four parts, out on a bilingual DVD with a 140-minute total running time. Armitage III: Poly-Matrix was a movie compilation of all four eps., with a 90-minute total running time, with a new English dub track featuring celeb voices Kiefer Sutherland and Elizabeth Berkley in the main roles. Do the math and you'll see how much was cut to make the movie.

Armitage Dual-Matrix is a 90-min. sequel released on bilingual DVD (also Pioneer) with a new celeb voice in the role of Armitage on the English track, Juliette Lewis.

I don't know why Netflix doesn't carry the complete Armitage III DVD, the one with the 140-minute running time. I bought this DVD, used, a few weeks ago at a store in New York. It may be out of print.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by Ash Ketchum; 06-16-10 at 03:53 PM.
Old 06-20-10, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow, I completely forgot about this.

Thanks for the information. I just looked at Rightstuf.com, there’s one DVD saying Geneon Signature Series that contains complete uncut 4 OVAs – I might pick it up.

The question is: is it worth to pick it up?
Old 10-04-10, 10:38 PM
Cool New Member

I've seen the first and I liked it... One of the main characters was voiced by kiefer sutherland if I remember right.