Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk
Reload this Page >

Unreleased Licensed U.S. Anime Properties

Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

Unreleased Licensed U.S. Anime Properties

Old 02-01-10, 07:31 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Unreleased Licensed U.S. Anime Properties

Originally Posted by WTK

It's OOP for quite a while now. I don't see anyone rescuing this. The best luck would still be auction sites though it's rather expensive as you have stated already.
thanks for the response....
Old 02-01-10, 07:40 AM
gamer for life

I went ahead and bought it used at amazon's marketplace for 35 bucks...the best price I can find.
Old 02-02-10, 01:01 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 520 Likes on 457 Posts

Navarre Reveals Funimation's Dragon Ball Kai License

Navarre has revealed during its Q3 2010 earnings conference call on Tuesday morning that its North American anime distributor Funimation has licensed the Dragon Ball Kai fighting anime series for release in the "latter part of the upcoming fiscal year." Funimation has confirmed the license with ANN, and it hopes to provide more details soon.

Update 2: Funimation has posted a blog update with the revised Dragon Ball Z Kai logo.

Last edited by WTK; 02-03-10 at 01:03 AM.
Old 02-02-10, 01:02 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by foxdvd
I went ahead and bought it used at amazon's marketplace for 35 bucks...the best price I can find.
$35 is not a bad price at this point in time.
Old 02-05-10, 08:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anything new on the Fist of the North Star releases?

There was something about four box sets which seems a little odd way to divide the series; I can see HnK2 on it's own box set but the first series is already divided into four chapters.
Old 02-11-10, 11:36 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by Takeshi357

There was something about four box sets which seems a little odd way to divide the series; I can see HnK2 on it's own box set but the first series is already divided into four chapters.
Nothing new at the moment. We won't know until it's solicited for release.
Old 02-11-10, 11:38 PM
WTK

via ANN / Official Press Release
NIS America, the American subsidiary of the Nippon Ichi Software game company, has announced on Thursday that Toradora! will be its first anime license for North America. The company will also release Pandora Hearts, Persona -trinity soul-, and Our Home's Fox Deity. (Wagaya no Oinarisama.) NIS America will make collector's items available for its anime releases. Release dates and pricing have not yet been announced.

The Toradora! anime adapts Yuyuko Takemiya and Yasu's light novel series of the same name. In this "superdreadnought of love comedies," a high school sophomore named Ryūji Takasu is ostracized because his angry-looking eyes make him look like a troublemaker. Meanwhile, there is a tiny but ferocious girl named Taiga Aisaka who is also shunned — even by her own family — as the "Handheld Tiger." Taiga agrees to help Ryūji get closer to his high school crush, if he helps her get close to her own crush. The 10th and final volume of the light novels shipped last March, and the anime adaptation ran on Japanese television from 2008 to 2009.
Old 02-12-10, 10:31 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by WTK
Originally Posted by Takeshi357

Nothing new at the moment. We won't know until it's solicited for release.
via Discotek
FIST OF THE NORTH STAR TV SERIES BOX 1!!!!

The first Fist of the North Star set will be released in June. It will have episodes 1-36. More info to come when the street date is finalized.
Old 02-14-10, 03:56 PM
WTK

via the PR.
FUNIMATION ENTERTAINMENT ACQUIRES “TRIGUN” FROM FLYING DOG

Flower Mound, Texas (February 14, 2010) - FUNimation® Entertainment today announced that it has acquired home entertainment, theatrical, broadcast, digital and merchandise rights to the26 episode action comedy space western “Trigun” from FlyingDog, Inc.

FUNimation Entertainment will release the series on DVD in Fall 2010.
Old 02-14-10, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ANN says there will be a BR release. Is this true?
Old 02-14-10, 04:08 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by Tenkyoken
ANN says there will be a BR release. Is this true?
It wasn't mentioned on the PR. However one person @ AoD/Mania that attended that panel mentioned that BD was noted.

<aqua|FuniKatsu2> Trigun
<aqua|FuniKatsu2> Coming to DVD and BD 2010
<aqua|FuniKatsu2> funimation.com/trigun
Old 02-16-10, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 209 Posts

What's the status of the Dirty Pair?

I have the original 10-part OAV series on VHS from ADV, plus the longer OAVs and movie on Streamline's VHS editions (AFFAIR ON NOLANDIA, FLIGHT 005 CONSPIRACY and PROJECT EDEN).

I just learned that ADV put them all out on DVD, but they're now out of print.

Anyone planning to release/re-release them?

What about other Dirty Pair entries? I'm particularly keen on getting subtitled editions of the original Dirty Pair TV series from 1985. Was that ever licensed for the U.S.?

(I'm not interested in the Dirty Pair Flash series.)

Thanks.
Old 02-17-10, 12:24 AM
WTK

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
What's the status of the Dirty Pair?

I have the original 10-part OAV series on VHS from ADV, plus the longer OAVs and movie on Streamline's VHS editions (AFFAIR ON NOLANDIA, FLIGHT 005 CONSPIRACY and PROJECT EDEN).

I just learned that ADV put them all out on DVD, but they're now out of print.

Anyone planning to release/re-release them?

What about other Dirty Pair entries? I'm particularly keen on getting subtitled editions of the original Dirty Pair TV series from 1985. Was that ever licensed for the U.S.?

(I'm not interested in the Dirty Pair Flash series.)

Thanks.
It's hard to say though it probably doesn't look very promising. If they still have it, you would think they would have release/re-release it by now.
Old 02-19-10, 11:52 AM
WTK

via ANN
Media Blasters Adds Record of Lodoss War OVA, TV Anime
posted on 2010-02-19 15:31 EST

Both fantasy anime titles formerly released by Central Park Media

ANN has confirmed with Media Blasters that the North American distributor licensed the 1990 Record of Lodoss War video anime series and the 1998 Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight television anime sequel.

Both fantasy titles were previously licensed by Central Park Media. Media Blasters has not yet determined the release schedule or whether the titles will be released in one complete set or multiple sets. The acquisitions were first made public by the third-party Central Park Media News blog.

Last edited by WTK; 02-20-10 at 09:15 AM.
Old 02-19-10, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's pretty cool. Record of Lodoss War was a fun series. Haven't seen that one in ages.
Old 02-28-10, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 596 Likes on 460 Posts

Any word on a BD release of Xam'd: Lost Memories? I've been watching it on AFtv (http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/xamd-...ed-online-free) since PSN expects me to pay $3.99/episode to merely rent the series. I would love to buy a full series set on BD but there doesn't seem to be any. At least not with English subtitles (http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-3fby.html). And the only news I've seen of a US BD release was back in July (http://www.asianblurayguide.com/news...s_coming_soon/).

Last edited by RocShemp; 02-28-10 at 01:04 PM.
Old 03-01-10, 08:56 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Any word on a BD release of Xam'd: Lost Memories?
SPHE takes forever on their anime releases. I don't expect hearing anything on this until the summertime (cons with the likes of AX and SDCC).

And BTW, I would try not link to sites that are considered to be legal online streaming.
Old 03-01-10, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 596 Likes on 460 Posts

Thank you, WTK. I appreciate the information.

Sorry about the link. I didn't realise it was wrong to post it as I assumed the site was kosher.
Old 03-04-10, 10:46 AM
WTK

FUNimation Entertainment Acquires Baka and Test & Dance in the Vampire Bund for Nor

via PR...
FUNimation Entertainment Acquires Baka and Test and Dance in the Vampire Bund for North American Release
Anime Leader to Stream Episodes of Series within Days of Japanese Television Debut

Flower Mound, TX – March 4, 2010 -- FUNimation® Entertainment has acquired digital, broadcast, home video and merchandise rights to the fantasy anime series “Baka and Test -- Summon the Beasts” (known in Japan as Baka to Test to Shokanju) and the supernatural action anime series “Dance in the Vampire Bund” and the from Media Factory. The agreement gives the American anime leader exclusive rights to the online streaming and simulcast of both series in the U.S.

Starting this month, FUNimation will deliver high-quality, free, original Japanese dialogue accompanied by English subtitles, streaming episodes of “Baka and Test – Summon the Beasts” and “Dance in the Vampire Bund” via http://www.funimation.com, just days after airing on Japan’s TV Tokyo and Chiba TV, respectively.

This week on Friday, March 5 at 10:00 a.m. CST FUNimation will stream the first two episodes of “Baka to Test – Summon the Beasts” and episodes 1-4 of “Dance in the Vampire Bund.” In addition to the episodes already aired in Japan, starting March 10 and 12 a new episode will be rolled out weekly as both series continue their television run.

FUNimation will also offer a download-to-own option for these episodes through http://www.funimation.com at $1.99 per episode.

“Baka and Test -- Summon the Beasts” is a 13 episode series produced by Silver Lake and directed by Shin Oonuma (Pani Poni Dash, Negima! OVA’s) and adapted from the light novel series written by Kenju Inoue and illustrated by Yui Haga.

About Baka and Test -- Summon the Beasts
Spoiler:

Fumizuki Academy’s students can summon Avatars, pint-sized versions of themselves that battle using special powers. The students are grouped by skill level, and those in Class A are the brightest. Then there’s Akihisa Yoshii’s group – lowly Class F. They’re the worst on campus, and they’re about to take on the school’s best.

“Dance in the Vampire Bund” is a 12 episode series produced by the Japanese studio SHAFT and directed by Masahiro Sonada (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood) and based on the manga by Nozomu Tamaki.

About Dance in the Vampire Bund
Spoiler:

When Mina Tepes – queen of the vampires – suddenly appears in Japan to establish a colony for her blood-sucking brethren, Akira Kaburagi’s world will never be the same. As a boy, Akira vowed to serve the ruler of the night, and now he must fulfill his destiny by protecting Mina from those who would dethrone her!

Visit the Baka and Test – Summon the Beasts and Dance in the Vampire Bund official web sites for updates.

Last edited by WTK; 03-04-10 at 11:08 AM.
Old 03-12-10, 12:49 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Any word on a BD release of Xam'd: Lost Memories?
See below in addition some other possible rumors. It's not official until it's solicited and/or a PR is released.
Per Anime Vice
Twitterer JLSkun, of anime blog The Golden Waste, tweeted some interesting news recently that was caught by Nebs. Apparently his local MovieStop shop is listing a preorder for The Girl Who Leapt Through Time director Mamoru Hosoda's latest film, Summer Wars, with a release date in August. No distributor was listed, and JLSkun reported that it and the other preorders he spotted were all removed when he checked back later...

...Also listed are Xam'd: Lost Memories, a sci-fi anime which was simulcast in the US via the PSN, for August 10th-- 13 episodes on DVD for $49.98 or Blu-Ray for $99.98 --and the anime adaptation of the movie Ultraviolet, titled Ultraviolet 044, twelve episodes for $59.98 on DVD or $99.98 on Blu-Ray, due July 13th. These two both did have distributors listed: Sony...
LINK
Summer Wars. DVD and BD. August 24. $24.98 DVD, $39.98 BD. No distributor listed.
LINK
Xam'd. Episode 1-13. DVD $49.98, BD $99.98. August 10.
LINK
Ultraviolet 044. Episode 1-12. DVD $59.98. BD $99.98. July 13. Both Xam'd and Ultraviolet are Sony.

Last edited by WTK; 03-12-10 at 12:56 PM.
Old 03-29-10, 07:15 PM
WTK

Kuroshitsuji licensed by FUNimation Entertainment

Old 03-29-10, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That photo is huge.
Old 03-29-10, 08:27 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by chrisc31
That photo is huge.
And it looks like the Aniplex logo didn't show up correctly either.
Old 04-03-10, 08:15 PM
WTK

Anime Boston / SakuraCon 2010 - FUNimation License Annoucement Round-up

• Chobits (DVD & Blu-ray)
  • Eden of the East Movies (All three / DVD & Blu-ray)
  • Spice & Wolf II
Old 04-03-10, 08:15 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by PR
FUNimation Entertainment Acquires Chobits

Flower Mound, TX (April 3, 2010) – FUNimation® Entertainment today announced that it has acquired the home entertainment, broadcast, digital and merchandise rights to the anime comedy “Chobits” from Kodansha.

The 26-episode series is directed by Morio Asaka (“Cardcaptor Sakura,” “Gunslinger Girl,” and “CLAMP in Wonderland”) and based on the CLAMP manga series of the same name about computers known as Persocoms that can be designed to look like toy figures, animals, even people!

FUNimation Entertainment will release the series on DVD and Blu-ray in 2011.
Originally Posted by PR
FUNimation Entertainment Acquires Eden of the East Movies from Fuji Creative

Flower Mound, TX (April 3, 2010) – FUNimation® Entertainment today announced that it has acquired the home entertainment, broadcast, digital and merchandise rights to three anime movies which continue the story of the series “Eden of the East” (known in Japan as “Higashi no Eden”) from Fuji Creative Corporation.

The three films are “Eden of the East Movie 1: The King of Eden”, “Eden of the East The Movie II: Paradise Lost” and “Air Communication”, all written and directed by acclaimed director Kenji Kamiyama (“Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex”, “Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit”) and produced by Production I.G.

The story continues where it left off from the Eden of the East TV series, and brings Morimi Saki back to the USA in order to find Takizawa Akira. The other Selecao however are actively moving to take part in the game, and a few in particular are making dangerous moves in order to eliminate Takizawa or move towards their picture of a better Japan.

FUNimation Entertainment will release the films on DVD and Blu-ray in 2011.

###

Also, regarding the releases of the television series on DVD, we will be using the opening, with original music, as used in Japan in addition to the international version of the show opening.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.