Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Any info. on tvdvdoutlet.com ?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 01-11-10, 03:35 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great prices on complete TV series. No region discs. Where do they ship from?
Bootlegs? Anything you got on them.

Thanks,

b
Old 01-11-10, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Any info. on tvdvdoutlet.com ?

Non-region discs is the first thing that screams bootleg.

Also this

Some of these DVD's haven't even been released yet. How is it possible that you sell them?

There is a section of the American copyright law known as "The Berne Act" that Clearly states: films unreleased in the United States, including original versions of films altered and/or edited for release in the United States, are NOT protected by American copyright; thus, they are considered public domain. The entire purpose of our website is to provide otherwise unavailable films or television shows to the serious collector.
Old 01-11-10, 04:00 PM
Premium Member

Received 676 Likes on 456 Posts

They need to learn some web design.
Old 01-11-10, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Their quotation of the Berne Act is BS too, right?
Old 01-11-10, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 623 Likes on 457 Posts

They did not quote it, just mis-interpreted it... and it is *not* part of American Copywrite Law:

The Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works (sometimes mistakenly referred to as the "Berne Act") does *not* allow the selling of an otherwise infringing item. The Berne Convention is an international treaty that the United States agreed to in 1989. By signing the Berne Convention, the U.S. committed to making certain changes to its copyright law. In fact, even before signing the Berne Convention, the U.S. had made all the necessary changes to its law. The Berne Convention itself is not U.S. law and does not excuse activity which otherwise would violate U.S. copyright law.

(above paraphrased from EBay)

There's a nice wikipedia explanation as well...
Old 01-12-10, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just skimmed the Berne convention and pretty quickly picked out the phrase of "copyright for the life of the author plus 70 years."
Old 01-12-10, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by jjcool
I just skimmed the Berne convention and pretty quickly picked out the phrase of "copyright for the life of the author plus 70 years."
That's more of our copyright law. Berne sets it at 50 but we made it longer.
Old 01-12-10, 06:48 PM
Suspended

Yea... but has anybody bought anything from them ?
Old 01-13-10, 03:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if its too good to be true...
Old 01-13-10, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I wouldnt buy from them. Ask yourself, "how come these guys are the only ones in the world that have these titles on dvd?"
Old 01-13-10, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hindolio
if its too good to be true...
Then there's a chance that it looked too good to be true, because of how when things look too good to be true, they usually are?
Old 01-13-10, 04:24 PM

It's a scam.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/video-st...tlet-648a6.htm
Old 01-13-10, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by bundamania
Yea... but has anybody bought anything from them ?
Look at it this way, they're selling season sets of TV shows that aren't out yet. Why not skip the middle man and just pirate it yourself.

Not advocating piracy, just trying to make a point that's been said the entire thread. No, you shouldn't buy anything from them.
Old 01-13-10, 05:23 PM
Suspended

Thanks All...
Old 01-15-10, 10:51 AM

DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PPL

Let me tell u what happened to me.

I went to purchase a TV series from these ppl for my wife the series was called Third Watch Box set with all six seasons they had a amazing price of 40$ (approx.) delivered so i decided to try thier service i placed an order on the last week of dec 2009 after reading thier FAQ of how thier service worked and how friendly and courtious thier staff was and how i would recieve an email with my order confirmation . on Jan 1,2010 they billed me for the amount agreeded but i never recieved no email. i checked my spam and blocked email like thier FAQ suggested but there was no email. i went to thier web site to look for a contact source and all they had was a form to fill out i thought ok they will contact me here. i left all my info and never recieved a response i continued over the next week to leave 3 additional request for order confimation and like before they refused to respond i was starting to get a bad feeling about the transaction i pulled up my transaction online and on my statement i found a number to the company when i called it i got thier answering machine saying they are helping other customers funny thing is i tried for an 2hours strait to get thru there was no response i left messages finally on the 13th i get a response to the first form i requested via email and they asked for my order # which i never recieved and any info i had such as name and email so i sent this. i also have filed a request thru my credit card company to request a chargeback this place is clearly not trying to keep up on thier end of the agreement and i will pursue them till i get my money back or till i get my merchandise !!
DO NOT TRUST! tvdvdoutletcom
Old 01-15-10, 12:22 PM

What was the number you called?
Old 01-15-10, 12:42 PM

631-693-4898 is thhe number to tvdvdoutlet

as fate would have it the merchandise arrived just after i posted previous thread the package came from china not the US as the website would have u believe, the packaging on the web site was different than what i recieved, i recieved a large dvd box with a black and white printed out cover sleeve and the dvds were home made quality (it was def. copies)quality was slightly blurry i think i am going to destroy these because i dont feel they are legal save yourself the heart ache and do not buy from these ppl
Old 06-23-10, 05:44 PM

Re: Rose by any other name is still....

Looks like these scammers have weaseled themselves under a another name......it is: tvdvdtown.com BEWARE all unsuspecting shoppers....you will either be totally ripped off or TOTALLY RIPPED OFF!....my story is the same as others....i eventually received some significantly damaged DVDs (that were super-late arriving...surprised that they arrived at all....!!!)...and 10 of 44 discs so far are not working, freezing up, scratched...you name it! Do you think these Jerks have responded to my complaint/concern with my product that I paid $80.00 to watch & enjoy........??? Nah...