Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Michael Jackson: This Is It - October 27th (Soundtrack w/ New Song)

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 09-24-09, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

from pitchfork:

Michael Jackson Soundtrack Due

The sold-out run of 50 London concerts that Michael Jackson was planning a few months back, before his death, will always remain one of pop's great what-if puzzles. Would Jackson actually pull off a full-on comeback? Would he fail spectacularly? Would these shows just be one last brief burst of glory? We'll never know. But as previously reported, we will get to see a movie featuring footage from the rehearsals for those shows. This Is It will be in theaters October 28.

Billboard reports that the film will be accompanied by the release of a companion double-disc soundtrack album, due October 27 in North America and October 26 internationally via Columbia/Epic. It will include an unreleased MJ song called "This Is It", which features backing vocals from Michael's brothers, the Jacksons. That song will be released as a single on October 12.

According to Jackson's website, the album's first disc "features the original album masters of Michael's biggest hits arranged in the same sequence as they appear in the film," plus two versions of "This Is It". The second disc contains previously unreleased versions of Jackson songs, in addition to a previously unreleased spoken word poem, "Planet Earth". The soundtrack will be packaged with a 36-page commemorative booklet.
Old 09-24-09, 05:03 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Michael Jackson: This Is It - October 27th (Soundtrack w/ New Song)

I'll be interested in seeing the final tracklisting.

Especially to find out what's on Disc 2. I wonder if it's going to be older versions/mixes of some of the songs, or if it's going to be live/rehearsal versions from the film and tour rehearsals?

I'm more excited about this than the inevitable next unfinished album since 'Invincible' failed to impress me.