Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Corner Gas DVD Problems ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-09, 12:17 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Corner Gas DVD Problems ?

I don't know if anyone here has ever seen the canadian show Corner Gas, but it's great. Anyways, I recently bought the first five seasons of the show and have had a multitude of problems. On my Magnavox blu-ray player, my primary player, the first season played fine. But the second disc of season 2 skipped and jumped. I wrote to VSC, the company that makes the discs, and they sent me a new disc that works great. Seasons 3 and 4 play fine, but disc 2 of season 5 skipped and jumped. On a lark, I tried playing season 5 in my regular dvd player and none of the discs will play. They just froze up my machine. Has anyone else here who has the Corner Gas dvd sets had problems like these ? I'd be interested to know.
Old 08-12-09, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Corner Gas DVD Problems ?

I've watched all 6 seasons on DVD (bought from various Amazon marketplace sellers) and had no problems with any of the discs.
Old 08-12-09, 04:19 PM
Banned

Have you tried them on more than one player ? Because they seem to mostly work on my blu-ray player but will make my regular dvd player, my family's dvd player, as well as the dvd player on my computer freeze up, requiring a restart.
Old 08-21-09, 12:59 PM

Spottedfeather, you can send us a message at [email protected]. There were some sets on season five that have problems playing in certain players so we can arrange to get you a new set. Thanks for buying the set!
Old 08-21-09, 02:12 PM
Cool New Member

Dont have any problems with mine either
Old 08-22-09, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Have all six sets. Never had a problem with any of the disks.
Old 01-01-11, 01:34 AM

I just got season 4 for Christmas and had to take it back as it wouldn't play at all. The replacement skips and jumps, the audio keeps crapping out and when I try to review back to replay it either forwards, freezes or goes back to the main menu. It's very frustrating as the store will not give a refund. I have never had this problem before - my season 3 plays fine.
Old 01-01-11, 02:28 AM
Banned

These were the first dvds that I ever had that wouldn't play correctly. Luckily, the replacements that the company in Canada sent worked just fine....at least they do on my player. When my dad tried to watch them on his, they skipped all over the place. They would play on his computer, though.