DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Big Lots Part 5

Old 07-17-09, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Big Lots Part 5

Keep the news about Big Lots finds going, but refrain from discussion, offers and requests for trades and sales.

Old 07-17-09, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Big Lots Part 5

Gonna be checking into the Springfield, NJ Big Lots again most likely tomorrow (will be the 4th day in a row lol) but not expecting to find anything since the store is apparently closing on August 31st... how lame. Either way, if I find stuff, I'll report it here.
Old 07-17-09, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

per X...

-> Please take your trades and requests to the existing thread in the Exchange Forum.

Big Lots! part 1

Big Lots! part 2

Big Lots! part 3

Big Lots! part 4

Big Lots! exchange thread

Continue...
Old 07-17-09, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 375 Likes on 235 Posts

It took less than 2 months for the last Big Lots thread to be closed for length. Hope the deals keep coming. Just when you think they couldn't get any better, something new comes along!
Old 07-17-09, 10:36 PM

Checked back again today (twice) and nothing new. The clerk did mention to me that they are going to have a restock of the Fathers Day DVD's. Not sure what those were other than the Bond titles.

Back again tomorrow....insane.
Old 07-17-09, 10:42 PM

You know ... sometimes I've felt like a dork for going to my local Big Lots practically every day these past few weeks ... looking for all these box sets. But after reading of everyone else that's been doing that on this board, I feel like I'm part of something special ... lol See you guys at Big Lots!
Old 07-17-09, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by NCC1701E
Checked back again today (twice) and nothing new. The clerk did mention to me that they are going to have a restock of the Fathers Day DVD's. Not sure what those were other than the Bond titles.

Back again tomorrow....insane.
Probably the same displays that were put out this evening in Lexington... The Bonds and assorted MGM/FOX titles. I've lost track of the specifics by this point...

me too... dickriculous. I still want to just camp out... Maybe in the parking lot. ugh.
Old 07-17-09, 11:59 PM

Picked up a few titles this week and the cashier handed me this:

Old 07-18-09, 12:02 AM

Jackpot day in the Twin Cities,

Most of the $3 TV and WB sets mentioned were in-stock (no Dasterdly/Muttleys though...grrr), but the small selection of $10 sets were all gone in the blink of an eye.

At Coon Rapids, employees held IMAX, Kubrick, Looney Tunes sets and more behind the counter for themselves (gotta have some perk from working there I suppose),only Roots sets left.

In St Louis Park, some 'generous soul' rolled up, dumped every Looney Tunes and other sets in their cart, and checked out earlier in the day, employees said. Only $10 sets left by early afternoon were Roots and the Looney Tunes 2movie set. I was lucky to find one SuperBowl set out of place, to nab that.

my wallet officially hurts (and I only bought one each of what I wanted)

Hoping for a re-stock though...!
Old 07-18-09, 12:36 AM

I totaled my spending up today.

Bought a ton of stuff and spent $54 total this week on the deals. Can't beat it.
Old 07-18-09, 12:43 AM

I have officialy been to 10 Big Lots and none in SOUTH FLORIDA have said they had $10 sets. The employees and the Manahgers said they only had $3 and $6 sets. i am wondering if the $10 sets hit Florida.
Old 07-18-09, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Has there been more than one person here that has found the Looney Tunes collection with all of the individual sets in it?
Old 07-18-09, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by Brent L
Has there been more than one person here that has found the Looney Tunes collection with all of the individual sets in it?

Oh yea.

I saw three at the store I was at the other day when I got mine.
Old 07-18-09, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

How much is that big set? That's my most wanted set of DVDs on the market and finding that, or having someone help me out and helping me find it would be my favorite deal ever.

If anyone finds an extra one, please pick it up for me.

Last edited by Brent L; 07-18-09 at 02:54 AM.
Old 07-18-09, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Looney Tunes set is ten bucks and contains volumes 1-5 and a set of character pins.
Old 07-18-09, 02:58 AM

The big lots I went too had over 1,000 DVDs. Most of them were WB titles. I didn't buy any though cause they were really bad movies. Plus they all had the UPC bar burned out.
Old 07-18-09, 03:53 AM

Went by three Big Lots today and none of them had any of the sets out until the last one I hit I saw the manager of the store. I hit her up and she said they didn't have the room to put them out yet but that she would load them on a cart, and as long as I didn't make a mess I could get what I wanted. About 5 minutes latter she came out with eight big boxes filled with the Hanna-Barbera sets, Tales from the Crypt, and some more movies. I saw most everything that people have seen and picked up-
The Flintstones seasons 1-6: It seems that the stores are getting mostly seasons 2 & 3 because in the boxes there were only two sets of season 4 and only one season 1 & 6 set
Johnny Quest season 1: Only two sets
Top Cat Complete Series: Had five sets
Wacky Races Complete Series: Had five sets
Tales from the Crypt 1-7: Again just like the The Flintstones, they had about 4 each of season 2-5, but only one each of season 1, 6, and 7
Popeye Volume 1: Had the most about 15 sets

That is what I picked up. They didn't have any of the $6 sets in the boxes. It was all the $3 sets. Other stuff they had in the boxes-
The Huckleberry Hound Show Volume 1: About 5 sets
Birdman and the Galaxy Trio Complete Series: 2 sets
Space Ghost and Dino Boy: 2 sets
Wait Till Your Father Gets Home: 2 sets
Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman seasons 1-4: About 7 sets of each
Night Court season 1: About 4 sets
Batman Season 1: About 3 sets
Superman Season 1: About 3 sets
Superfriends Volume 2: About 5 sets
Adventures of Superman Seasons: I didn't check but they had about 4 each of the seasons
Murphey Brown season 1: About 10 sets

So there you have it. It seems that stores are just getting a mix of stuff and I really didn't check the movies. I was more after the box sets than anything.
Old 07-18-09, 04:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,721 Likes on 1,878 Posts

Checked both of my nearest BL stores yesterday, and they didn't have shit.

Between them, they probably had sixty copies of Night Court Season One, forty copies of Joey, thirty copies of Lakers, thirty copies of Dukes of Hazzard 5 and 6, twenty copies of the OC season X (not sure which, I think it was 2), and twenty copies of West Wing season two. And maybe a couple of Roots Next Gen and Justice League. And that was it for the $6 sets.

No $10 sets at all, so I don't feel like too much of a chump for getting the Kubrick set for $25 a couple of months ago.

The $3 DVDs were they exact same shit they've had out for the past two months. No Tales from the Crypt, or anything like that.

I was hoping to score some TFTC and the Babylon 5 movie collection, or the Looney Tunes set, but no dice. Either my stores get picked over very quickly, or the their selection is crap.
Old 07-18-09, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by doctaheath78
I have officialy been to 10 Big Lots and none in SOUTH FLORIDA have said they had $10 sets. The employees and the Manahgers said they only had $3 and $6 sets. i am wondering if the $10 sets hit Florida.
Doc, I hit 4 big lots in south florida and was disapointed as well! I think that south florida is at the tail end of thier distribution chain, maybe we will get some in a couple of weeks, if there is anything left at that point
Old 07-18-09, 05:46 AM

I am going to Biglots tomorrow morning so ill help you out if you can help me out ...

PM me with what your looking for and ill see if i can dig it up

im looking for Smallville 6 BD

i will have my Cell recieving PMS so ill be able to get them while im at the store ... im leaving around 11am-12pm California time

Last edited by lovgun7; 07-18-09 at 06:50 AM.
Old 07-18-09, 05:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Has anybody found the $10 sets in Michigan yet?
Old 07-18-09, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by doctaheath78
No $10 sets in North Florida and i have have checked 5 stores
Old 07-18-09, 06:56 AM

yeah i saw the $10 sets in Adrian, Mi but that's closer to Ohio. They had the Looney Tunes Golden Collection, the Kubrick collection, superbowl collection, history of rock n roll, the roots collection, pretty much everything mentioned here. but that was a couple of days ago, & there were a buncha people there.
Old 07-18-09, 07:19 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Sammy Banderas
You know ... sometimes I've felt like a dork for going to my local Big Lots practically every day these past few weeks ... looking for all these box sets. But after reading of everyone else that's been doing that on this board, I feel like I'm part of something special ... lol See you guys at Big Lots!
Don't feel bad, my girlfriend and I went to 5 different Big Lots in one day last weekend. Now that made me feel like a dork.

I hope I can find the Tales from the Crypt seasons. I love that show. Unfortunately the Big Lots near me are typically not the best on dvd selection.

Last edited by pdhahn; 07-18-09 at 07:28 AM.
Old 07-18-09, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The Big Lots in Albany, NY on Central Ave had absolutely nothing last week. Anybody else checking this location out from time to time?

Dirk

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.