Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Desperately Need Help Finding a Good DVD Player With a Usb Port That Has Video Stream

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Desperately Need Help Finding a Good DVD Player With a Usb Port That Has Video Stream

Old 04-07-09, 12:07 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ing playback (lol continuation of title)

I want to pay around 40-60 dollars because i dont have much more to spend on a dvd player even with these amazing usb features

Also, please make sure it has a usb port with video playback. One major aspect that i would enjoy greatly but no need is mp4 video support cause all my videos are in that format

It needs to be able to stream videos off of my 320 gig western digital harddrive.

Please tell me the name of any dvd player that has the following features and compatibilities. I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IF u could find me a link to an instore website cause i prefer for this anyway instore over online

thanks for the help
Old 04-07-09, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: Desperately Need Help Finding a Good DVD Player With a Usb Port That Has Video St

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-DVP599.../dp/B001AXBGZO
Old 04-07-09, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Desperately Need Help Finding a Good DVD Player With a Usb Port That Has Video St

if you have a costco in your area, you can get it for 40 bones

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=1113672
Old 04-07-09, 12:44 PM

i went to costco to look for it and that model has been discontinued and i want one instore. online doesnt work well. thats my last options so please list more players. i heard from another thread that no player plays mp4.i am sad. oh well, any usb video player is good now i guess
Old 04-07-09, 04:27 PM

I haven't read anything "official" but seems Philips might be about to release some new USB thing, because I have read numerous posts at several boards, about "out of stock" situation on the 5990/5992. My experience is Wal-Mart has them (the DVP5990) in some stores, and out-of-stock in other stores. So try calling your various local Wal-Mart stores. Did you try Best Buy? Perhaps the Costco scarcity is because of their excellent price. Expect to pay around $55-60 if/when you find a non-Costco one.

Also, regarding formats, it is easier to convert your files to the desired format than to find a player which can handle everything.
Old 04-08-09, 11:13 AM

i checked bestbuy and there the ones who said its discontinued. ill check walmart. thanks. hopefully they have. target also said its unavailable too. i also ur hope
Old 05-02-09, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by thedisputer
i checked bestbuy and there the ones who said its discontinued. ill check walmart. thanks. hopefully they have. target also said its unavailable too. i also ur hope
If you are looking for one you can actually pick up and look at before you buy you may have some difficulty. I recently went looking for this exact 'type' of player with a USB port. All of what I found at Worst Buy was about 6 players all $85 or higher and NONE of them I was even remotely interested in. Variety is a joke, no low prices anywhere inclduing Target.

Needless to say I went used. Just picked up a DVP5960 for $30 cash and have to say that this is the best unit I have found to date. Picture looks better then my Samsung player, lipsync function to get the audio timing fine tuned. Too many bells and whistles to list but it does everything and with a USB port to boot.