Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

40% off everything from Network on-line until Jan. 25

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 01-16-09, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The site's crashed at the moment, but everything is 40% off. Don't know if this is 40% off retail or their regular prices. I'd recommend trying the site when the UK is sleeping...

They remove VAT for overseas customers, but shipping is determined by weight, not volume, so multi-disc sets could have rather high shipping costs. Good thing £1 is around $1.48 today.
Old 01-16-09, 03:35 PM

Re: 40% off everything from Network on-line until Jan. 25

I'm confused. Never heard of the "Network" you refer to in your posting. What's the web-site link? What do they sell, dvds? That 40% thingie intrigues the hell out of me!!!
Old 01-16-09, 07:32 PM
Cool New Member

I'd never heard of them either but some googling suggests the site is

networkdvd.net

Originally Posted by TheDoug
I'm confused. Never heard of the "Network" you refer to in your posting. What's the web-site link? What do they sell, dvds? That 40% thingie intrigues the hell out of me!!!
Old 01-16-09, 11:29 PM

My apologies. I'm so used to posting on UK boards, that I assumed people here would know about it. They're a DVD label that specializes in British TV and some older British film; they have access to some of the Rank archive, I believe.

It is indeed networkdvd.net
Old 01-17-09, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a really crap site to try and navigate through. Here's a link to a page listing out all of the releases available through the site:

http://www.networkdvd.net/all_prodcats.php
Old 01-17-09, 03:05 PM
Cool New Member

Anyone know of any discount coupon codes (there is a place to enter these during checkout)?
Old 01-17-09, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd definitely recommend Black Narcissus - Network's disc has a superior transfer to the Criterion and identical extras. Hell Drivers is worth picking up for fans of The Wages of Fear, and The Shout is an unsettling oddity. However, the one essential purchase is Odd Man Out - an absolutely fantastic film from Carol Reed.
Old 01-17-09, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by NoirFan
I'd definitely recommend Black Narcissus - Network's disc has a superior transfer to the Criterion and identical extras. Hell Drivers is worth picking up for fans of The Wages of Fear, and The Shout is an unsettling oddity. However, the one essential purchase is Odd Man Out - an absolutely fantastic film from Carol Reed.
I haven't seen the Hell Drivers, but the others you mention are all excellent and definitely worth buying. The Shout stuck with me for days...
Old 01-17-09, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They recently revamped their site (probably to reflect the sale) and consequently appear to have removed some items such as the repacked sets for Danger Man and Man in a Suitcase (both of which were much cheaper in repackaged versions). At least in the case of TV series, they seem to be clearing out the old stock first.

That said, there are some deals in there and I just placed an order last night for several films that are hard to get elsewhere. I wish they were still selling Buster Keaton: A Hard Act to Follow but it seems they pulled it.
Old 01-20-09, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Has anyone been able to order successfully from this site? Over the last couple of days, I have made several attempts and have had no luck.

Originally, there were no links to the various categories available on the site. These are now present as a sidebar, but I'm having different problems. Every time I try to load a new page, I'm taken back to the log in / create an account page. I finally gave up and tried to play along by creating an account. Again, the website stymied me. The site uses a visual security code for new registrations, but the damn image would not load. I tried multiple times with two different browsers and had no luck at all.

I tried to notify the admin using the contact info on the website. When I tried to send the message, I was take once again to the log-in/create account page. The mind boggles.
Old 01-21-09, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 441 Likes on 249 Posts

THANKS OP!!!

Just placed an order...some of the titles I have been waiting awhile to see on sale:

1 x Vice Versa £3.57
1 x Twinky (finally a decent transfer) £4.08
1 x Man Who Could Work Miracles (The) £4.59
1 x League of Gentlemen (The) Special Edition £5.10
1 x Insignificance £5.10
1 x Bloody Kids £5.10
1 x Ghost Goes West £5.10
1 x All Night Long £5.10
1 x Bulldog Drummond Double Bill £5.10
1 x Death of a Bureaucrat (The)(La Muerte de una Burocrata) £6.63
1 x Voyage of the Damned (The) £4.59
1 x Who Killed Teddy Bear £6.63
1 x Wilt Special Edition £5.10
1 x Very Important Person £3.57
1 x Twins of Evil £5.10
Old 01-21-09, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Preterite
Has anyone been able to order successfully from this site? Over the last couple of days, I have made several attempts and have had no luck.

Originally, there were no links to the various categories available on the site. These are now present as a sidebar, but I'm having different problems. Every time I try to load a new page, I'm taken back to the log in / create an account page. I finally gave up and tried to play along by creating an account. Again, the website stymied me. The site uses a visual security code for new registrations, but the damn image would not load. I tried multiple times with two different browsers and had no luck at all.

I tried to notify the admin using the contact info on the website. When I tried to send the message, I was take once again to the log-in/create account page. The mind boggles.
I didn't have a problem creating an account but ultimately had a fatal problem with WorldPay - I wish the people at Network would learn about PayPal or some other form of payment...