1. Curse of the Black Widow
- A woman was nearly bitten to death by spiders as a baby. This causes her to become a spider at night and eat people. A made for TV movie that was putting me to sleep before the final act where it picked up some
2. Bad Ronald
- Crazy boy living in the walls after killing of a ginger. Watched it as a kid on TBS and now my wife got to watch it. I still liked it for what it was.
3. Mazes and Monsters
- 3 college kids decide to do the one thing that turns Tom Hanks insane...play live action Dungeons and Dra...er...Mazes and Monsters. Wife fell asleep during this one. Can't blame her but I had to make it to the end just to see him go crazy.
4. Nightmares Come at Night
- 3 things can always be found in a Jesus Franco film: Female nudity, long senseless panning of the camera(I once identified a movie I was watching as his within the first 5 minutes because of this), and excess zooming(Once you notice it, it'll drive you insane).
There are 2 things that aren't always found in his movies: Good pacing(most of them), Good female nudity(his later films).
For the Jesus Franco drinking game: 1 drink for each zoom(in or out). 1 drink for each camera pan. You'll be dead within 5 minutes.
5. Full Moon High
- Teen Wolf rip-off only this time it's football.
6. The German Chainsaw Massacre
- This time it's German
7. The Ghost in the Invisible Bikini
- It was watchable
8. Cinematic Titanic: The Wasp Woman
- Probably the best CT episode yet. Pretty much had the feel of a MST3K episode with the right movie and jokes.
9. The Alchemist
- Some sort of love story that goes on through generations and has a curse thrown in. Eh.
- Remake of the silent Chaney movie. Not bad/Not great.
11. The Headless Ghost
- 3 kids trapped in a haunted mansion have to help the headless ghots. Short and boring.
12. Eko Eko Azarak 3
- So boring. Worst movie so far.
- Kind of like that movie called The Exorcist. Only more boring.
14. Naked Evil
- A British voodoo gang movie
15. Psycho Cop Returns
- Wasn't that bad for a silly killer movie but the DVD had crappy cuts that took out a lot when it came to the violence
16. Guess What Happened to Count Dracula?
- Forgettable but still not the worst movie I've watched this challenge
17. Dracula the Dirty Old Man
- You're wrong if you thought this would make a good family movie. Dracula sends out the wolfman to kidnap women so the Count can molest their breasts.
18. The Four Skulls of Jonathan Drake
- Skull collector and head swapper.
19. Diary of a Madman
- Slow start but got much better in the second half
- Dull story but at least it wasn't super long. The end just kinda came and went. If you get the symbol you die,
21. Dial D for Demons
- Started out pretty good but went down the drain towards the end as they started wrapping everything up really quick.
22. Voodoo Island
- Decent film with Karloff as a rich TV guy that learns voodoo is real
- Perfect movie if you want to crash on the couch and watch something lightweight. Stars Ralphie from A Christmas Story and Seth Green in a movie where if you die in the game you live in the game.
24. Devon's Ghost: Legend of the Bloody Boy
- Too close to call to say if this is the worst movie I've watched so far. A little boy grows up and doesn't understand what's going on. To cope with this, he attaches a circular saw blade to a baseball bat and kills people.
25. Count Yorga, Vampire
- Just another vampire movie
26. Within The Woods
27. Call of Cthulu
- silent film based on the squid.
- Decent, but some of the scenes played out like Count Yorga, only in different order.
- Watching this reminded me how good it was and how far it fell after seeing parts of the sequel, over and over, on Comedy Central over the years.
30. Don't Be Afraid of the Dark
- Little monsters live in the wall and terrorize the lady that moves in. Could've been good but had a poor ending.
31. The Fly
(original) - Help me!!! Help me!!!
32. Mad Monster Party
- Puppets attacking each other, just like Frosty the Snowman
- Little kid kills parents for whatever reason he has at the time, gets adopted to new parents, repeat. I enjoyed it.
- Like Uncle Sam only this time it's Vietnam. A dead soldier returns home and does what he does best, killin'.
35. Return of the Fly
- Decent sequel
36. Brain Damage
- Liked the Basket Case reference
- Mutant cats go crazy. Eh.
- A gym gets possessed by the owners dead wife.
39. Come To Me My Love aka Haunted Pussy
- Guy catches his woman screwing another guy. He shoots both of them and then himself. A new girl moves into the apartment and the ghost of the guy that shot everyone screws her. The guy also kills everyone else that screws the girl. The next door neighbor also has sex a bunch of times and by the end of the movie, she has sex with her also. In the end the girl kills herself at the urgings of the ghost and they walk off together after he says, "Come to me my love". This movie is what a real "horror porn" is, not something like Hostel. Just because there's a penis doesn't make it a porn movie, this one has the sex. The sex is half the movie yet somehow there's also a story to it.
40. Don't Go In The Woods Alone
- Crazy guy in the woods killing people. I liked it. They were fairly inventive with the traps compared to other comparable movies.
41. The Crimson Cult
- Reminded me a little of Wicker Man
After October 11th when I dropped out/slowed down
42. The Terminator
43. Garden of the Dead
46. X The Unknown
48. Forced Entry
49. Play Motel
50. Behind Locked Doors
51. Queens of Evil
52. Rings of Fear
Watch one film from every decade of film history.
--- 1890 - (insert film title here)
--- 1900 -
--- 1910 -
--- 1920 -
-X- 1930 - Kongo
--- 1940 -
-X- 1950 - The Headless Ghost
-X- 1960 - The Ghost in the Invisible Bikini
-X- 1970 - Curse of the Black Widow
-X- 1980 - Mazes and Monsters
-X- 1990 - Eko Eko Azarak 3
-X- 2000 - Devon's Ghost: Legend of the Bloody Boy
Watch a film for each rating:
-X- Unrated (pre-MPAA) - Kongo
--- G -
-X- PG - Full Moon High
--- PG-13 -
-X- R - The Alchemist
--- NC-17 -
--- X (not porn; several horror films were rated X) -
-X- Unrated (post-MPAA) - Nightmares Come at Night
Watch a film starring:
--- Bela Lugosi - (insert film title here)
--- Lon Chaney Sr. -
-X- Boris Karloff - The Ghost in the Invisible Bikini
--- Lon Chaney Jr. -
-X- Vincent Price - Diary of a Madman
--- Peter Cushing -
--- Christopher Lee - The Crimson Cult
--- Robert Englund -
-X- Bruce Campbell - Within The Woods
--- Jamie Lee Curtis -
Watch films in at least two languages other than English.
-X- First language, French, Nightmares Come at Night.
-X- Second language, German, The German Chainsaw Massacre.
Watch a film in each of the following subgenres/types:
-X- Vampire - Guess What Happened to Count Dracula?
-X- Frankenstein - Mad Monster Party
-X- Werewolf - Full Moon High
-X- Mummy - Mad Monster Party
-X- Invisible Man - Mad Monster Party
-X- Ghost/haunting - The Ghost in the Invisible Bikini
-X- Witchcraft/satanic/religious - The Alchemist
-X- Zombie - Deathdream
-X- Slasher/psycho/homicidal maniac - The German Chainsaw Massacre
-X- Monster/creature feature/Godzilla - Shrieker
--- Documentary -
--- Musical -
-X- Spoof/comedy - Full Moon High
-X- Revenge - The Alchemist
--- Killer/evil doll -
-X- Killer/evil animal - Mutator
-X- Killer/evil child - Bad Ronald
--- Giallo -
-X- J horror - Eko Eko Azarak 3
-X- MST3K/rifftrax/CT - Cinematic Titanic: The Wasp Woman
--- film and its remake -
--- based on a video game -
-X- based on a novel - Bad Ronald
--- directed by Herschell Gordon Lewis or Uwe Boll or Ulli Lommel -
--- won an Academy Award -- any category -
--- silent film -
--- Criterion version film -
--- with commentary -
--- film and at least two of its sequels -
--- anthology film -
--- takes place on a holiday -
--- takes place in space -
--- takes place on or under the sea -
-X- animated film - Mad Monster Party
--- called "Night of the ..." -
--- called "Return of the ..." -
--- called "Revenge of the ..." -
--- called "Attack of the ..." -
--- with the words "Living Dead" in the title -