TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Ugly Betty *Season Finale* -- "Jump" -- 05/22/08

Old 05-22-08, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Ugly Betty *Season Finale* -- "Jump" -- 05/22/08

"Jump"
Spoiler:
Betty finds herself in a dilemma between Henry and Gio when each makes a romantic offer to her. Meanwhile, a softball game between ELLE and Mode has rivals Wilhelmina and Naomi Campbell facing off in the field. Finally, Hilda makes quite a discovery about Coach Diaz, and a surprise visit from an orphaned French boy stirs things up at Mode.

First Aired: Thursday May 22, 2008
Old 05-22-08, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Firecrotch is in this one.
Old 05-22-08, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So, since Betty
Spoiler:
did not have on the ring at the end, are we to assume she went to Rome?

And we need screen caps of cheerleader Amanda.
Old 05-22-08, 10:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DId anyone not have the voices for the first 5 minutes of the show? We heard the background sound, but no voices. weird
Old 05-23-08, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowmaker
So, since Betty
Spoiler:
did not have on the ring at the end, are we to assume she went to Rome?

And we need screen caps of cheerleader Amanda.
Spoiler:
I am pretty Betty is in Rome, BUT with Henry to see if she really wants to marry him. Opening scene will be Betty blabbing on the bed in Rome making you think it is Gio, and then Henry will walk out of the bathroom. But she should be with Gio.
Old 05-23-08, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by johnnysd
Spoiler:
I am pretty Betty is in Rome, BUT with Henry to see if she really wants to marry him. Opening scene will be Betty blabbing on the bed in Rome making you think it is Gio, and then Henry will walk out of the bathroom. But she should be with Gio.
Do we really need to spoiler tag speculation?

If what you say were true though, Gio would unlikely ever want to talk to her again.
Old 05-23-08, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 601 Likes on 486 Posts
Pretty blah finale. I just don't care who Betty chooses at this point. The office stuff and Willy vs. the Meades are the best parts of the show. I thought the softball game was going to take up more of the episode - that could have made it better.
Old 05-23-08, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Pretty blah finale. I just don't care who Betty chooses at this point. The office stuff and Willy vs. the Meades are the best parts of the show. I thought the softball game was going to take up more of the episode - that could have made it better.
I thought the reaction to Naomi Campbell answering her cell phone was the funniest part of the whole show.
Old 05-23-08, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I found it odd that the soundtrack for this episode was entirely extracted from Madonna's new album "Hard Candy".

As for the Gio/Henry thing, I really have zero interest in the whole scenario at this point. They've drawn it out a little too long. How exactly did they skate around the fact that Betty knew that Charlie was cheating on Henry when she got pregnant? A paternity test would certainly have been in order THERE instead of with the two Daniels.
Old 05-23-08, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I actually liked it.... a lot. Some great scenes for everyone and I liked the plot point of who Betty will be choosing. For a long time I thought it should be Henry but now, I think it should be Gio.
Loved the montage at the end. Very effective.

I found it odd that the soundtrack for this episode was entirely extracted from Madonna's new album "Hard Candy".
The song Jump was the only song not from Hard Candy.
Old 05-23-08, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by rfduncan

As for the Gio/Henry thing, I really have zero interest in the whole scenario at this point. They've drawn it out a little too long. How exactly did they skate around the fact that Betty knew that Charlie was cheating on Henry when she got pregnant? A paternity test would certainly have been in order THERE instead of with the two Daniels.
They did do a paternity test in the show for Henry.
Old 05-23-08, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by johnnysd
They did do a paternity test in the show for Henry.
See? Thanks to the strike, I have trouble keeping everything that's happened this season straight! I'm going to have to watch this whole season again if ABC decides to re-air it this summer.
Old 05-23-08, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't think she went with Henry. If she did, her father would have looked more pissed/upset as he hugged her goodbye.

Plus it seemed like a no-brainer to me. Either go to Rome for two weeks or get married for life?

Maybe she decided to go to Rome alone so she can find herself and figure out who/what she wants.
Old 05-23-08, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Maybe she decided to go to Rome alone so she can find herself and figure out who/what she wants.
I definitely think she chose to go somewhere alone to find herself...that OLD TIRED CLICHE. Weak finale IMO. Not enough Marc or Amanda and I know that I'm sick of Henry and hate the character, so I wish they'd just end that storyline for good... and I was not surprised with the 90% Hard Candy soundtrack - Ugly Betty has been one of the biggest 'promotional whores' on TV this season - SHAMELESS.

A rather disappointing season IMO compared to the first. Last year I looked forward to the show, this season I suffered through it.
Old 05-23-08, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I can't stand Henry either, because I have no respect for him at all. I just want him gone.

Now I understand why Rebecca Romijn said she won't be a regular anymore because she didn't agree with how the writers changed her character into someone that cold.

She'll appear from time to time instead in a recurring role because of that. I support that, because the change in her character Alexis is just wrong.
Old 05-23-08, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by riley_dude
The song Jump was the only song not from Hard Candy.
Oops. You're right. That's off off "Confessions on a Dance Floor"...
Old 05-23-08, 12:35 PM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

"Hilda dressed you as baby Madonna."
Old 05-23-08, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Nick Martin
I can't stand Henry either, because I have no respect for him at all. I just want him gone.

Now I understand why Rebecca Romijn said she won't be a regular anymore because she didn't agree with how the writers changed her character into someone that cold.

She'll appear from time to time instead in a recurring role because of that. I support that, because the change in her character Alexis is just wrong.
Oh really? That's intersting.
Doesn't she have a contract though?
The look her Mother gave her towards the end was classic. I love Judith Light.
Old 05-23-08, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I must have missed something, but what did Romijn's character do? I did not understand her mother's "look" so I probably missed a scene at some point.

I read in TV Guide one week that Romijn's character was being "demoted" in an effort to de-clutter the cast next season. Then the following week they wrote that one of the cast member's was unhappy about the change to New York next year and did not want to move because "he/she" just bought a house in LA. I assumed this was probably Romijn they were referring to.
Old 05-23-08, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Read the same thing Jadzia, but I don't think that the person who bought the house is Romijn, since her departure (or role reduction) was announced a few weeks prior to that. Very curious to see who it is.

I couldn't believe how small Lohan's role was. I thought for sure we would see her at the softball game. Oh well, no loss.

Pretty weak finale, but I do hope that Daniel's son sticks around for a while next season. Don't care about Betty's decision, but I would be shocked if she doesn't end up alone somewhere. And Hilda is the other woman. Tsk, tsk...
Old 05-23-08, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Don't worry, Lohan will be back for about 5 or 6 more episodes.

I must have missed something, but what did Romijn's character do? I did not understand her mother's "look" so I probably missed a scene at some point.
She essentially betrayed Daniel, used his compassion for her against him, listened to Wilhelmina's "suggestions" to first demote Daniel and then in the end, fire him.

That's what Alexis did, and in her mind it was all for the company, all for the magazine.
Old 05-24-08, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I believe it was mentioned in TVGuide that mentioned Romijn was leaving because the show's producers wanted to focus the story on Betty rather than continue on the path of too many storylines. Since her character was turning on her brother and her mother, I think they might try to get her off Meade. Or slick Willie has other plans of her own to do it for them.

I think Betty will also go somewhere to get perspective. I wasn't expecting Henry to show up again to propose.

I don't think they should saddle Daniel with a kid too long. It probably won't last.

Too much pimping for Madonna. It was just too much.

Hilda's storyline is getting better but being the other woman is just bad road to travel on.

Overall, finale was OK but not as emotional or exciting as last season when Hilda's fiance was shot.
Old 05-26-08, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So Betty's family lives in the Jackson Heights section of Brooklyn? I'm glad the show is moving to New York, if only so that these details are finally right.
Old 05-27-08, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I read in TV Guide one week that Romijn's character was being "demoted" in an effort to de-clutter the cast next season.
They need to give Henry the boot. That's enough de-cluttering for me. Also, whatever happened to Marc's boyfriend?
Old 05-27-08, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I liked Henry so much in the beginning, but they really ruined his character.

Now I am on board the Gio train.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.