Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

X-Files Ultimate Edition Set At Best Buy

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-07, 02:27 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI....Anyone who is going to Best Buy to pick up the X-Files Ultimate Edition Box Set might want to think twice about purchasing it there. I went to 2 different Best Buys today for this set and both stores only had one set for sale. Both sets had those annoying security bands around the box and needless to say both sets were damaged because of the tight bands. If anyone is thinking of purchasing this set don't buy it at Best Buy, it appears all the stores (in my area at least) are using these security bands for their high priced sets, Walmart was using these bands for a while but now they are using the clear plastic display cases that don't ruin the box. Best Buy lost a $249.99 sale with me today, I wonder if someone else will buy it?
Old 11-06-07, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts
I have seen many stores use these "spider wraps", not just Best Buy. Never seen one that was so tight that it cut into the product. Only time I have actually seen this is when someone tried to pull the wrap off to steal the item.
Old 11-06-07, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Borders stores use these spider things too, at least around me. I didn't buy a "My So-Called Life" DVD set from them because the spider thing had destroyed the box.
Old 11-07-07, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by JLBkret
FYI....Anyone who is going to Best Buy to pick up the X-Files Ultimate Edition Box Set might want to think twice about purchasing it there. I went to 2 different Best Buys today for this set and both stores only had one set for sale. Both sets had those annoying security bands around the box and needless to say both sets were damaged because of the tight bands. If anyone is thinking of purchasing this set don't buy it at Best Buy, it appears all the stores (in my area at least) are using these security bands for their high priced sets, Walmart was using these bands for a while but now they are using the clear plastic display cases that don't ruin the box. Best Buy lost a $249.99 sale with me today, I wonder if someone else will buy it?
For what it's worth, my store has 10+ sets, none of which are inside of said bands.
Old 11-07-07, 03:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by excom101
For what it's worth, my store has 10+ sets, none of which are inside of said bands.
Maybe it depends if you live in a high crime area, seems most stores around here use those bands quite often.