Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Official Resident Evil 5 Petition

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 08-28-07, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the official Resident Evil 5 for Wii Petition. It has been proven that Capcom listens to Petitions. Everybody please sign and spread around the Internet.

Capcom Listens to Petitions:
http://www.tehgamr.com/2007/08...-listens-to-petitions/

Resident Evil 5 Petition:
http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_pe...ed.cgi?WiiRes5

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone who disagrees or doesn't want RE5 itself to come to Wii, think about this. 1. If we get thousands of signatures on this, Capcom will know there's a big crowd for a Resident Evil game other than Re:UC.2. Not everyone can afford another console other than the Wii. I'm one of those people. Even if you won't buy the game, please consider signing it for those of us that will. 3. I realize the graphics, and AI will suffer by the movement of the game to the Wii. The gameplay will probably excel though due to the Wii Remote and Nunchuck.

So in conclusion, please sign!
Old 08-28-07, 07:02 PM

Q: We gave Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition an excellent score. Why isn't Capcom bringing RE5 to Wii? As we seen with that game, impressive graphics can be done on that platform as well.

A: Decisions surrending the RE5 project were taken a long time ago [perhaps even before Nintendo unveiled Wii-mote?] and they needed to choose quickly on which platform they wanted to develop it. They haven't decided if they will port RE5 on Wii yet. So in a way this game (RE4:Wii); well both games [I think the translator switched Kawata's words to point out both games] will help us to test the market, to see if developing this genre on this platform is interesting. The decision is not made yet.

http://revoeyes.blogspot.com/2007/07...r-info-on.html

"The decision is not made yet."

"So in a way this game (RE4:Wii); well both games [I think the translator switched Kawata's words to point out both games] will help us to test the market, to see if developing this genre on this platform is interesting. "
Old 08-28-07, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This will happen...just a matter of when. Hasn't RE4 sold really well on the Wii?

I, for one, am willing to wait for Wii controls.
Old 08-28-07, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm just glad this isn't a petition about RE5 being racist.
Old 08-28-07, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by bishbish777
I'm one of those people. Even if you won't buy the game, please consider signing it for those of us that will.
WRONG. Only sign it if you would actually buy the game. That's the point of it right?
Old 08-28-07, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I would not buy it for the Wii; hence, I won't be signing.
Old 08-29-07, 05:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I would think that the 300,000+ copies of RE4 they've sold in North America would get their attention more than a silly petition.
Old 08-29-07, 06:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I have to ask. How could a game made for the 360 and PS3 be brought to the Wii without really crippling it? Porting this to the Wii would have to cost a lot of money for Capcom with all the scaling back it would require.
Old 08-29-07, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by darkside
I have to ask. How could a game made for the 360 and PS3 be brought to the Wii without really crippling it? Porting this to the Wii would have to cost a lot of money for Capcom with all the scaling back it would require.
Unless they began on that now seeing as it isn't being released for the PS3 and 360 for a bit.
Old 08-29-07, 07:17 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
But if it makes them a lot of money, it would be worth it.
Old 08-29-07, 08:14 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Since both the PS3 and Xbox360 are backwards compatible with SDTV sets it's not as hard as you'd think.

Anyway, if you want RE5 on the Wii (something Capcom is already hinting at), ignore this petition and do something concrete: buy RE4 and/or Umbrella Chronicles.
Old 08-29-07, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow. Rockstar (Table Tennis Wii) and Rare (Viva Piņata DS) would like to have a word with you.
Old 08-29-07, 08:35 AM
Banned by request

Originally Posted by Groucho
Since both the PS3 and Xbox360 are backwards compatible with SDTV sets it's not as hard as you'd think.
I don't think he meant scaling from 1080p to 480p. I think he meant that since the Wii doesn't have the processing power of the 360 or the PS3, it would be difficult to give the full gaming experience on the Wii. One example I can imagine off the top of my head is that Capcom mentioned they wanted massive hordes of zombies for this game, and it would be difficult for the Wii to have as many zombies on the screen at one time in a way that would not be so difficult for the other systems.
Old 08-29-07, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
I don't think he meant scaling from 1080p to 480p. I think he meant that since the Wii doesn't have the processing power of the 360 or the PS3, it would be difficult to give the full gaming experience on the Wii. One example I can imagine off the top of my head is that Capcom mentioned they wanted massive hordes of zombies for this game, and it would be difficult for the Wii to have as many zombies on the screen at one time in a way that would not be so difficult for the other systems.
I was going to post that if they used the hardware in a specific way pertaining to gameplay and not just improved graphics, it'd be different.. but a good game designer should easily be able to slightly alter things in a way to keep the game relatively the same without "crippling" it. If I recall, Capcom changed Resident Evil 4's difficulty a bit to compensate for how easy the Wii controls would have made the original, right? That's not the same as working around different hardware structures, but the same ideology has to go into the design to accommodate the differences.
Old 08-29-07, 09:13 AM
Banned by request

I don't disagree. As I said earlier in the thread, if Capcom thinks RE5 on the Wii will make money, they will spend money to make it work. Personally I will be getting the 360 version, because I think the HD graphics will in fact enhance this particular experience, but I'd love it if they released the game on the Wii.
Old 08-29-07, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 438 Likes on 307 Posts
Yeah, all they have to do is lower the poly-count, lower the resolution and you got yourself a Wii version of the game. It wouldn't be tough to do.

What would be tough, would be me deciding which version to go with - the far prettier version, or the version with the preferable controls?
Old 08-29-07, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by PixyJunket
Wow. Rockstar (Table Tennis Wii) and Rare (Viva Piņata DS) would like to have a word with you.
You really think this is the same thing? Please, we both know this is a much more difficult undertaking that porting a table tennis game.

I'm not talking at all about the resolution. This game is very ambitious and I don't see how the Wii could pull off what Capcom has talked about doing in this game. Instead Capcom would probably have to reuse the RE4 engine and make a cheap imitation of what RE5 would be on the Xbox360.

I just don't see the point. We would be better served with a completely original RE game on the Wii that maybe bridged the story between 4 and 5. I don't want a weak version of what 5 is going to be on the other consoles.
Old 08-29-07, 10:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by slop101
Yeah, all they have to do is lower the poly-count, lower the resolution and you got yourself a Wii version of the game. It wouldn't be tough to do.
There is more to it than simply lowering the poly count and resolution. There are a lot of bells and whistles that go into advanced graphics, such as lighting/shadows and textures just to name a couple, that the 360/PS3 can do that the Wii cannot do.

The easiest thing Capcom could do, and probably what they will end up doing, is to use the RE4 engine for the Wii port.
Old 08-29-07, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I guess they're designed differently, but don't PC games do this all the time? You can change settings to run the game differently depending on what your system can do?

Couldn't they do similar things when porting to lower-powered systems? Remove some of the lighting, etc. effects?
Old 08-29-07, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DodgingCars
Couldn't they do similar things when porting to lower-powered systems? Remove some of the lighting, etc. effects?
Yes, but to an extent.. they could use the hardware to do things outside of prettier graphics such as larger areas, more characters or AI, for examlpe. But, like I said above, a good designer can probably work around it.
Old 08-29-07, 10:26 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Personally I'd rather they make an all new RE game in the same gameplay style as RE4/5 (Umbrella Chronicles is more of a spin-off than a true RE game) as opposed to putting effort into making a downgraded RE5 port.

Last edited by DRG; 08-29-07 at 10:30 AM.
Old 08-29-07, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just don't see the point. We would be better served with a completely original RE game on the Wii that maybe bridged the story between 4 and 5. I don't want a weak version of what 5 is going to be on the other consoles.
You read my mind, I agree 100%. There's absolutely no reason why the wii can't have it's own complementary RE game, developed ground up for the wii, rather than a massively watered down 360 port. And, umbrella chronicles is kind of this, but I can totally see why people would want more of a real RE game.
Old 08-29-07, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm getting this on 360. I have RE4 for the Wii, and I like it but I don't love the controls as much as others do around here.
Old 08-29-07, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DodgingCars
I'm just glad this isn't a petition about RE5 being racist.
man, i was thinking about the same thing when i first read the title....
Old 08-29-07, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Last I heard Resident Evil 5 isn't coming out until 2009, and if thats true, there will probably be another price drop on 360's and you could save up enough by then to get a 360.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.