Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Halloween III v2.0 - Why not?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 08-27-07, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the remake, revisit, rehash, or whatever Rob Zombie wants to call it of the original Halloween coming out this week I was thinking I would much rather see Halloween III v2.0 than this retread of a classic.

Yes I actually enjoy Halloween III and I think a sequal to this film would fair much better at the box office today. There are so many great avenues for a good horror/scifi script in keeping with the story told in H-III. I cant believe someone hasnt come up with one yet.

Old 08-27-07, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm not the greatest fan of remakes, but this is one I wouldn't mind, just to get rid of all of the plot holes in the film. I didn't mind the fact it didn't have Micheal Myers in it, but the execution of the story was a mess.
Old 08-27-07, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what was halloween 3 about
Old 08-27-07, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

To avoid spoiling it...H-III was the one about the owner of the costume company Silver Shamrock, that made halloween masks that were quite 'unique'.
Old 08-27-07, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I actually like Halloween III a lot. I know that a lot of people say it's the worst Halloween movie, but I think it's light years ahead of Halloween 5, 6, and 8. I think it's a fun movie.
Old 08-27-07, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
And here i am thinking i was the only person who really liked this movie. Its something i still watch now and again. It has the feel of the original in the ways its filmed and the camera angles used. I remember reading how the idea was going to be that every year they would release a new Halloween movie and each one would be a completely different story. That was a great idea....much better than just bringing Michael Myers back one more time. There is so much more associated with Halloween that could be explored and they have never really gone there. The new remake looks terrible. Its the same with all these modern big budget versions....they are never as good as the low budget originals.
Old 08-27-07, 03:01 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Seantn
I actually like Halloween III a lot. I know that a lot of people say it's the worst Halloween movie, but I think it's light years ahead of Halloween 5, 6, and 8. I think it's a fun movie.
I agree with this 100%, especially that its better than 5,6, and 8 (which I consider the bad sequels of the bunch). I think the concept is great, and at points there's a nice weird creepy feel (a lot is thanks to the Carpenter score). I think my main problem with it is with Tom Atkins... I have nothing against him but he just fit in this role to me.
Old 08-27-07, 03:10 PM
En vacance

Carpenter envisioned the Halloween series to be a new evil every Halloween, if so HIII follows this idea.
Old 08-27-07, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I wish they would go that route, and bring a new Halloween story out every year like Saw. Instead, I'm 100% sure they'll keep digging Michael further into our brains.
Old 08-27-07, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love Halloween III. Probably my favorite of the series. And who doesn't love that jingle?!

Last edited by Numanoid; 08-27-07 at 06:10 PM.
Old 08-27-07, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This time it could be a cell phone ringtone.
Old 08-27-07, 11:49 PM

This is one of my favorites also. the girl is very hot. My son loves it also, his favorite halloween movie because of the cool shamrock masks.
Old 08-28-07, 02:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Drexl
This time it could be a cell phone ringtone.
Good idea! How about that one adults can't hear.
Old 08-28-07, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Halloween III is grossly underrated. I agree that it is easily better than H5, 6 and 8. I really wish they would rename the film John Carpenter's Season of the Witch since the film looks and feels like his earlier work, and really shouldn't be considered part of the Halloween canon at this point. Tom Atkins owns in that film, no one can do better. The only updating I'd like to see for this is a new updated DVD with some damn features on it!