Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

circuit city pisses me off *dragon dynasty*

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 07-02-07, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i bought king boxer dvd the other and it has a coupon for $3.00 off any dragon dynasty dvd. i head over to circuit city to get one arm swordsman (love those quentin commentaries) anyhoo, thye would not take the coupon, so i headed over to the service desk and the girl said that since they have the lowest prices they don't take the coupon.....but, they get the money back from the company so what difference does it make?

so i didn't buy it.
no coupon, no sale!

anyone else have this issue?
Old 07-02-07, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I had a similar situation at Best Buy a few years ago. They would not take a manufacturer's coupon for soemthing that was on sale. My solution was to go to another Best Buy where it was accepted with minimal hassle.
Old 07-02-07, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Sometimes I dream about taking a job at a place like circuit city or best buy just so that I can have the pleasure of making up random bullshit on the spot in order to frustrate people that I don't like and totally getting away with it.
Old 07-02-07, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's like they're saying, "Oh no. You don't need coupon. The savings are already built-in to our sale price. "

Old 07-03-07, 08:52 AM

Does the coupon say "good on regular price only" or something to that effect? That's about the only way I can imagine a red shirt denying it.
Old 07-11-07, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I did almost the exact same thing, the cashier couldnt get it to ring up. He looked at me, about to hand it back, when he saw the fury in my eyes and just keyed it in maually to take the three bucks off. I gots me another one imma use when Hard Boiled comes out. Gonna have my steeley gaze as well. That is my suggestion. Stare the fucker down. Dont take any guff from those swine!
Old 07-12-07, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 419 Likes on 286 Posts
Happened to me over the weekend. The had Auntie and 36th for $15 each. So I said I needed 2 transactions, and as he was ringing up the 2nd one, i was digging the coupon out of the first. He tries to scan it, and it doesn't work.

There were 2 UPC codes on it, and from my prior retail experience, you cover one, scan the other, repeat. But no, he went to talk to the manager first, and 3 people had to think about it, then finally did a price over ride.

Every time I buy something in CC its like drafting a peace treaty
Old 07-12-07, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Circuit City is complete utter trash. Ever store is run differently and complaints have no effect on the staffing at stores. I've had one store in particular deny sales that were advertised on circuitcity.com as being in store only, had them deny the $24 giftcard for not ready in store pickups for every reason imaginable, and had them deny coupons
Old 07-15-07, 02:25 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts
I returned something a couple months back, and bought some new stuff at the same time, so they had it on the same receipt.

I went back two weeks later to return one of the new items, and the clerk tried to deny me saying that it was over 30 days from the original receipt.

Now these were totally different items, on a receipt with many purchases, the original return and the new items not related in any way.

He refused to budge, saying there was no way he could return it, and tried to ignore me and move on to the next customer. I stood my ground of course, and kept calming insisting that he could and would take the return. I finally got a manager over there and he totally agreed with me and took the return.

So yes, CC is pretty lousy. I have no clue as to how they stay in business.