Reload this Page >

Oooh, I'm Buying That: June 2007 Previews

Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Old 06-04-07, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After holding at a $40 pre-order range for months now, two items pushed me up over $100.

The one I've been waiting for:

Absolute Sandman V2

and one I'm ordering because of the buzz here:

The Spirit V1
Old 06-05-07, 02:05 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, this month looks pretty brutal on the wallet. I have way to many trades on my "first pass" list right now. I'll post my top picks when I finish going thru previews.
Old 06-06-07, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm really thinking about the Iron Man mini-bust 3 pak from Bowen. I missed out on the original Iron Man, but have a classic Iron Man and War Machine mini bust.
Old 06-06-07, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Very tempted by:

Old 06-06-07, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

No way, it's the Han Solo and Chewbacca animated statues that I'm drooling over.
Old 06-06-07, 10:56 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Not sure if it's in the June Previews, but everyone needs to do themselves a favor and get Showcase Presents: Suicide Squad, which reprints the first 18 issues of the Ostrander/McDonnell series from the 80s. Some of the best comics ever made.
Old 06-07-07, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by JasonF
Not sure if it's in the June Previews, but everyone needs to do themselves a favor and get Showcase Presents: Suicide Squad, which reprints the first 18 issues of the Ostrander/McDonnell series from the 80s. Some of the best comics ever made.
That was a great series. After revisiting the entire Firestorm series, which Ostrander was writing when it was canceled, I decided to put Suicide Squad on my reading list. Now I just have to track down all those back issues in my basement.

Last edited by ytrez; 06-07-07 at 12:43 PM.
Old 06-07-07, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 987 Likes on 818 Posts
Looks like they're doing a Metal Men Showcase? I was on the fence about springing for the Archive so this might be a good solution.
Old 06-08-07, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just went through Previews last night and the Stormbreaker replica still stands out as my most anticipated item.

Of course I'll pick up Absolute Sandman 2 & the Spirit HC that Chew listed as well. Maybe pick up a couple of the Spirit Archives I'm still missing too.

Other than that stuff, it's a pretty lackluster month.
Old 06-15-07, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Terry Dodson Wonder Woman bust looks much nicer than the Adam Hughes one with the goofy eyes, so I'll probably be picking it up.
Old 06-15-07, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JasonF
Thanks for the heads up. I will definitely be getting that. I also saw that Showcase Presents volumes of "Batman & the Outsiders" and "Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew" were coming out soon.
Old 06-17-07, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

There was soooo much awesome stuff in the June Previews, a TON of amazing Hardcovers & trades coming out, I don't have it in front of me, it's not a Marvel or DC book, but it's probably what I'm most excited for out of the June previews. . .

Super Spy is a super-deluxe, full-color collection of 52 interwoven spy thrillers about cyanide, pen-guns, heartbreak and betrayal. Spanning the countries of Spain, France, and German during World War II, each story follows the everyday life of a spy, exploring their small lies and deceptions, as well as the larger secrets they hide. A children's book is something more than it seems; a woman swims the English Channel to deliver a deadly secret; a German spy desperately seeks escape for herself and her daughter; and a spy continues to serve his country even beyond death. A gorgeous full-color graphic novel that not only reveals the nature of espionage, but how an individual can be lost in a world of lies and deception, and still manage to find redemption. -- 336 pages
Old 06-18-07, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Matt Kindt rules. I can't wait for Super Spy.
Old 06-18-07, 08:15 AM
Banned

Anyone pick up the Planet Hulk Hardcover that came out last Wednesday? My LCS just got one copy in that someone reserved, let me tell you it is one BIG book! I recently sold my complete Planet Hulk set for $125 (nice profit!) and now I am going to replace the set with this hardcover. Now, if only World War Hulk is as good...BTW I never realized how few copies of Hulk 92 were printed, I thought I read about 42 thousand copies, sounds like this is a good issue to invest in....
Old 06-18-07, 08:18 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by bishop2knight
Matt Kindt rules. I can't wait for Super Spy.
I tried to read Two Sisters about a year ago, but I just couldn't get into it. I wound up putting it down about a hundred pages in and never picked it back up. I'll have to give it another try.

Last edited by JasonF; 06-18-07 at 12:05 PM.
Old 06-18-07, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,885 Likes on 1,455 Posts
So Valiant is back? I saw the listing with the Harbinger TPB... what's the story on that, did Shooter buy back the company?
Old 06-19-07, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fujishig
So Valiant is back? I saw the listing with the Harbinger TPB... what's the story on that, did Shooter buy back the company?
Aren't they just re-releasing old stories in trade form?
Old 06-20-07, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,885 Likes on 1,455 Posts
Yeah, I thought I saw that Shooter was writing something new for the hardcover, so I figured they'd be doing new stuff. Here it is:
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthrea...hlight=valiant

Anyway, before my previews order is due, any other recommendations? I'm considering New Universal and maybe the new Uncanny X-men trade, if only to see what's been going on in the book lately.