Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Links not working?

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Links not working?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-07, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Links not working?

I tried to link to an image but the url gets cut out when I post it?

it turns into http://.com/image.jpg ?
Old 05-20-07, 09:01 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Known spam links are automatically filtered out, sorry.
Old 05-20-07, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho
Known spam links are automatically filtered out, sorry.
I figured that much, but this wasn't a spam link. Just a follow up on an articel which was posted here a few days ago by someone else. I see that that post got the url removed too.
It's just a link to a blog.
Old 05-20-07, 12:33 PM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
When a new user signs up and promotes their site with a needless link to it in their first post and also has a link to their site in their signature it looks like spam.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=500953

And when that new user has made similar posts, too numerous to count, at other sites it looks like spam.

And when that new user's site has a contest on the site they're linking to and a post stating
The main goal was to try and figure out what topics attracts and keeps readers coming back for more. Not only for entertainment purposes but also to see if I could generate some online cash with blogging.

My total earnings in 75 days: $340,00. ($4,50 average per day) This number consists of payments received for sponsored reviews, contests, Adsense, Kontera and text-link-ads.
it looks like spam.

And when a new user finds it so important to post those links that they make an issue of not being able to have them show it looks like they were spam.
Old 05-20-07, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by X
When a new user signs up and promotes their site with a needless link to it in their first post and also has a link to their site in their signature it looks like spam.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=500953

And when that new user has made similar posts, too numerous to count, at other sites it looks like spam.

And when that new user's site has a contest on the site they're linking to and a post stating
it looks like spam.

And when a new user finds it so important to post those links that they make an issue of not being able to have them show it looks like they were spam.
I'm sorry if I gave you the feeling I was spamming. This was not intentionally. I posted in the correct subfora.

I think me running a contest on my site has nothing whatsoever todo with the link that was posted. This was merely a follow-up on a post one of your users wrote.
I don't know what other sites you mean when you say "And when that new user has made similar posts, too numerous to count, at other sites it looks like spam."
Why should I not have my own site url as a signature?

And finally, I'm not making an issue like you state. I was just asking why URL's got cut out of comments.
Old 05-20-07, 05:02 PM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
Your first post in our forum was a link to your site to read about your problem with a MacBook, not just your signature. We usually just ban people for that.

It seems like you should be used to people seeing your posts as spam though...

node500 (1) Thu (4/5/07) at 08:28 AM
How Digg operates and gets away with it is beyond me. I registered a little while ago and posted a couple of stories from my blog. First my domain got banned because some people flagged it as spam seeing it was from my own domain.
The stories I posted got dugg pretty good but all over sudden dissapeared.
Then my account got deleted because of abuse.
I have mailed both the feedback and abuse address asking what the reason for this is, but I'm still waiting for a reply after 5 days...

Digg is too bigg to be run effecient by the looks of it.

http://www.seomoz.org/blog/top-100-d...ntent#jtc22046
From your site:
Getting 400,000 Hits In One Month Howto
By Bob | March 29, 2007

To put this number in perspective: the blog has only been running since the beginning of March. Now 400,000 hits sounds awesome doesn’t it? Keep in mind that these are only 16,000 unique visitors, which is still quite high though for a new site.

I’ll show you my stats and share my findings, hopefully helping you achieve a nice run of traffic too.

The actual stats as of this morning:

Now, who are your best friends besides Google? Social Bookmark Sites like Digg and Reddit. They have donated a great percentage of my traffic. This does mean you need to post frequently though.
Don’t expect to just post one article and end up on their frontpages on your first go: Only one of my posts made it to the front page of reddit.
Be careful what you post to Digg since diggers have the power to get you banned and that’s exactly what happened to my domain because some users had classified me as spam. There is a way around that ban by the way (leave a comment if you want to know how).
Old 05-21-07, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by X
Your first post in our forum was a link to your site to read about your problem with a MacBook, not just your signature. We usually just ban people for that.

It seems like you should be used to people seeing your posts as spam though...

From your site:
Ok, there's no point in talking to you so I'm not going to bother anymore. Have a nice day.
Old 05-21-07, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

That's awesome.