TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Supernatural *Season Finale* -- "All Hell Breaks Loose, Part II" -- 05/17/07

Old 05-17-07, 04:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Supernatural *Season Finale* -- "All Hell Breaks Loose, Part II" -- 05/17/07

"All Hell Breaks Loose, Part II"
Spoiler:
Dean must deal with the aftermath of the fight between Sam and Jake (Aldis Hodge); the Demon and his spirits threaten to overtake the hunters.

Originally Aired: May 17, 2007
Old 05-17-07, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't Wait!

I skipped last week's episode and all related threads about it so I can have a 2-hour finale tonight. It was a tough choice, but I hope it pays off tonight.
Old 05-17-07, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Good season finale. The yellow-eyed demon is gone but now Dean only has a year to live, which sets up a major storyline for next season pretty well.
Old 05-17-07, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 406 Likes on 294 Posts
Great finale, so far they setup next season pretty well, working to get Dean out of his deal, and hunting the several hundred demons that escaped the devils gate. Can't wait to watch the whole season on dvd.
Old 05-17-07, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Cool finale. Wonder if Papa Winchester went to a better place since he did a good deed, or perhaps simply because he wasn't supposed to be in hell.

Maybe I missed something, but what ever happened to Ellen's cute daughter, Jo?
Old 05-18-07, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dhmac
Good season finale. The yellow-eyed demon is gone but now Dean only has a year to live, which sets up a major storyline for next season pretty well.
It's interesting that Dean didn't mention the "if you try to weasel out, Sam drops dead" clause of the contract when Sam was talking about getting the deal undone. I wonder if it's going to lead to Dean sabotaging Sam's efforts to protect Sam.
Old 05-18-07, 03:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Great season finale and it would have served well for a series finale too if this show wasn't coming back. However, since a season 3 has been approved, I can't wait for the fall.

One of the things that keeps me interested for next season is that we might just see a "darker" side of Sam.
Old 05-18-07, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel
It's interesting that Dean didn't mention the "if you try to weasel out, Sam drops dead" clause of the contract when Sam was talking about getting the deal undone. I wonder if it's going to lead to Dean sabotaging Sam's efforts to protect Sam.
The deal just said that Dean couldn't try to weasel out. It doesn't mean that there can't be outside interferance, or that someone else can't take out the demon to release Dean from the deal as long as Dean doesn't take any part of it.
Old 05-18-07, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

So they have the Colt, that could take out the demon that Dean made the deal with, but do they have any bullets for the gun?

So where did their dad go at the end? Here's an interesting episode idea, their dad's spirit goes crazy and Sam n Dean have to send him back to hell.
Old 05-18-07, 09:36 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

How was the pentagram breeched? It seemed like the demon just pushed it open.
Old 05-18-07, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MrE
How was the pentagram breeched? It seemed like the demon just pushed it open.
The force and power of the hell demons breached the pentagram, so then less powerful ol' yellow eyes could just stroll on in. Great finale, sets up a very interesting season 3...and of course, if they know in enough time if they're coming back or not, I could see the season ending with both Winchesters dropping dead For a show whose original pilot promised "no chick flick moments", they sure do have a lot of moving scenes... great acting all around and a very satisfying end to the season.
Old 05-18-07, 12:59 PM

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Very cool ep. Finally wrapped up the yellow-eyed demon stuff. Papa got to get out of hell and (presumably) move on to a better place.

I hope Jo ends up turning up. I'm sure she probably will. I think Ellen would have been more distraught if her daughter had been in the roadhouse when it burned down. Surprised they didn't mention her, though.

Yeah, I thought right away about how just cause Dean can't "weasel" out of the deal doesn't mean Sam can't find a way to get him out of it. If he just kills that particular demon, isn't the deal off?

Colt: I thought when the YE demon got it back, they said it had two bullets left. I need to research that. They should have one left, if I am remembering correctly.

Anyway, can't wait for next season to see them tracking down the escaped demons and dealing with Dean's bargain.
Old 05-18-07, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackCapTen
Maybe I missed something, but what ever happened to Ellen's cute daughter, Jo?
After helping the Winchesters hunt a demon earlier this season, Jo decided to become a Hunter herself and left the Roadhouse according to Ellen. She was seen in a later episode, working at a different bar but still out on her own, so she was at no risk when the Roadhouse burned because she left it long ago.
Old 05-18-07, 04:32 PM

I hope they show more of Jo, she's a hottie
Old 05-19-07, 01:33 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
Very good finale. I liked them bringing back the demon that shows up at crossroads.

Good to see the them wrap up the demon story, though I hope we find out how the mom knew him.
Old 05-19-07, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
really enjoyed the finale. very much lookin forward to next season.
Old 05-19-07, 09:58 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Glad this show is returning ! love it
Old 05-21-07, 06:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree, I would've been pretty happy with this if it turned out to be a series finale. As it is, there's plenty of new storylines to look forward to next season.
Old 05-21-07, 02:50 PM

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by MrX
Good to see the them wrap up the demon story, though I hope we find out how the mom knew him.
Did the mother necessarily know the demon, or just recognize the man whose body the demon had possessed?

Thos.