Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Fred Meyer 2 for $10 sale

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 05-15-07, 03:35 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

For those of you with Fred Meyer stores nearby, they're having a 2 DVDs for $10 sale (running just this week, I think) that features more than than the usual bunch of MGM titles. I picked up the following for $5 each:

Escape from New York
Galaxy Quest
The Day the Earth Stood Still
Apollo 13 2-disk Anniversary Edition

They had lots of other titles, most of which I can't remember. But some include:

Saving Private Ryan
All three Lord of The Rings movies (basic editions)
Lots of Star Trek and Bond
Benny and Joon
Mission Impossible 1 and 2
X-Men 1 and 2
Sahara
Absent Minded Professor
Parent Trap double feature (original)
Hunt for Red October

Lots more that I can't remember.
Old 05-15-07, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All the titles on the Sony/MGM fixture by the customer service desk and the "H" fixture ($7.99/$9.99 titles) on the power aisle in the Home department are all $5 this week. The ad says over 200 titles, couple of the checkstand ends are $5 as well.

There is also a $3 off coupon for $13.99+. Bunch of TV shows at $19.99 to use the coupon on to make them $16.99.
Old 05-15-07, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I noticed The Shield (all seasons) were on the $19.99 display. The normal price appeared to be about $45.99. Coupled with the $3 off, that's a phenomenal price!
Old 05-15-07, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

OH MY GOSH!!! You guys ROCK!! Hadn't paid much attention to the ads lately, and there's a Freddy's less than five minutes from my house, so I guess it's time to load up! WooHoo!
Old 05-15-07, 06:49 PM

I would've posted this earlier but for same reason I can only quick reply (there are no new thread / reply buttons)
I've picked up

Once Upon a Time in the West 2d
Star Trek 3,4,5,6
The Thin Red Line
Old 05-15-07, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
This is very impressive. Going to pick up some movies (I have a gift card
Old 05-15-07, 09:45 PM
Cool New Member

I wonder if they will have the same sale at Fry's, since they're both owned by Kroger.
Old 05-16-07, 05:29 AM

The 2 for $10 movies are the $7.99 & $9.99 movies. Add says over 200 available.

Lots of $19.99 TV shows also....
Family Guy Vol. 1 - 4
The Shield 1 - 4
Arrested Development
Seinfeld
Mash
South Park

Don't forget to use the $3.00 off coupon.
Old 05-16-07, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by MW99Fan
I wonder if they will have the same sale at Fry's, since they're both owned by Kroger.
I was wondering the same thing about Kroger, since we don't have a Fred Myers around here. (not that Kroger has much)
Old 05-16-07, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've never noticed any similarities between Fred Meyer prices and Fry's prices. I doubt they're running the same deal, but you never know.

Another thing I noticed last week. One of the Fred Meyer's (off Hwy 26 and Cornelius Pass) now has an HD DVD and Blu-Ray section. I looked at the Walker Road Fred Meyer a couple days ago and couldn't find any there yet. But I'm guessing it won't be long now.

I don't actually have an HD player yet, but starting Sunday, Best Buy is going to have the HD-A2 on sale for $299. I'm about 99% sure at this point that we're going to call it an early Father's Day gift and go pick one up, so that will be great if Fred Meyer starts selling HD material.
Old 05-16-07, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MEJHarrison
I've never noticed any similarities between Fred Meyer prices and Fry's prices. I doubt they're running the same deal, but you never know.

Another thing I noticed last week. One of the Fred Meyer's (off Hwy 26 and Cornelius Pass) now has an HD DVD and Blu-Ray section. I looked at the Walker Road Fred Meyer a couple days ago and couldn't find any there yet. But I'm guessing it won't be long now.

I don't actually have an HD player yet, but starting Sunday, Best Buy is going to have the HD-A2 on sale for $299. I'm about 99% sure at this point that we're going to call it an early Father's Day gift and go pick one up, so that will be great if Fred Meyer starts selling HD material.
I'm right by the one on 148th & Division - don't recall seeing an HD/Blu-Ray section, but since I'll be headed over there either today or tomorrow to scope the 2/$10 deal, I'll be sure to check if they have the new section or not.
Old 05-16-07, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by bwsmom
I'm right by the one on 148th & Division - don't recall seeing an HD/Blu-Ray section, but since I'll be headed over there either today or tomorrow to scope the 2/$10 deal, I'll be sure to check if they have the new section or not.
The Fred Meyer in Wood Village keeps HD/Blu-Ray stuff behind the counters. It's not a great selection though.
Old 05-16-07, 02:59 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Prowler
Lots of $19.99 TV shows also....
Family Guy Vol. 1 - 4
The Shield 1 - 4
Arrested Development
Seinfeld
Mash
South Park
Also, West Wing, Sex in the City, Curb Your Enthusiasm
Old 05-16-07, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
The Fred Meyer in Wood Village keeps HD/Blu-Ray stuff behind the counters. It's not a great selection though.
The store on Cornelius Pass didn't have much either. It was on the end-cap of one of the music isles. So that should tell you how much they had.

Still, at this point I have 0 HD discs, so it's plenty for now (for me of course).