TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Amazing Race All Stars -- "We Are Trying To Make Love, Not War" -- 04/15/07

Old 04-15-07, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
The Amazing Race All Stars -- "We Are Trying To Make Love, Not War" -- 04/15/07

"We Are Trying to Make Love, Not War"
Spoiler:
High-flying kung-fu warriors challenge the teams as they scale a massive bamboo scaffold.

Originally Aired: April 15, 2007
Old 04-15-07, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If they made a movie with the same plot as this episode desciption, I would so be there. Maybe Grind House 2?
Old 04-15-07, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by movieking
If they made a movie with the same plot as this episode desciption, I would so be there. Maybe Grind House 2?
Check out the movie "House of the Flying Daggers". There is a similar scene like the episode description in that movie.
Old 04-15-07, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I actually have the LE of House of Flying Daggers already
Old 04-15-07, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh my God, Mirna and Schmrina are still in this!!

If I hear Mirna say "My friend" to a foreigner one more time I'm gonna throw a brick through my TV!! Well I'm not, but I'm gonna feel like it.
Old 04-15-07, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I tell ya, that midget and big nose are really a cancer in this show. I cringe when I see and hear them. Im gonna skip this ep and catch drive instead. But Ill record it
Old 04-15-07, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Charla and Mirna are a hoot! They are so entertaining. Mirna is preachy and a little sanctimonious. It was a riot when she told the Malaysian girls to go to school and become professionals. This season wouldn't be the same without them. I hope they go all the way to the finals.

Sad to see Joyce & Uchenna go. Made a fatal error choosing that flight.
Old 04-15-07, 05:37 PM

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts
Here's hoping that the Charla and Mirna express continues to roll on and that the Yield Queens get what's coming to them. I can't remember now, did Eric call them "Dirty Pirate Hookers" or "Nappy Headed Ho's"?
Old 04-15-07, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts
At least make the FF something that requires some kind of effort on the part of the racers. That was incredibly lame. If they are going to only have 2 FFs that take little or no effort to perform, they shouldn't even bother with them.

No surprise that it was non-elim - there was only 1 left so it had to be here.

Last edited by Red Dog; 04-15-07 at 08:02 PM.
Old 04-15-07, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Mirna wheeling Charla through the airport.
Old 04-15-07, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The FF is friggin BS. It's really a big fat reward for the first place team.
Old 04-15-07, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yield karma is coming my friend.
Old 04-15-07, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Eplicon
Mirna wheeling Charla through the airport.
the music as Charla was gliding through the airport, Mirna/Schmirna's Kung Fu skillz.

Well Team ChaChaCha must now be regretting their decision to stop for fruit on that one leg and PURCHASING all those newspapers in the last one..

Approaching the final 3 and feeling the pinch, don't think it's a good idea for a team to be undecided, second-guessing of which detour to take on while wasting mileage on a cab ride. Nor is it a good idea to be jumping onto any boat without verifying its destination (I don't think even the BQs would do that in the early legs.)

Non-elim leg -- Why did I take a peek at those spoilers for the entire season?
Old 04-15-07, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sigh, back to challenges without the challenge. Only way mess up was during the commute. I agree about FF. I thought at least they would be strapped in and could get knocked down by kungfu guys.
Old 04-15-07, 08:38 PM

Yet another leg where the order of finish is basically determined at the airport and nothing that happens the rest of the leg (other than Charla and Mirna screwing up at every turn after landing in Hong Kong) makes a bit of difference.

I'm going to give Oswald and Danny the benefit of the doubt that they are trying to get rid of the BQ's because the BQ's are the strongest team left (besides themselves). If, on the other hand, Oswald and Danny are buying into Mirna/Eric/Danielle's BS about "yield karma" or whatever, then they can go fuck themselves.

While we're at it, the editors/producers who are shoving this "Charla & Mirna are such a cute, lovable team struggling to overcome incredible odds" storyline down our throats can go fuck themselves too.

Love,

MadMark
Old 04-15-07, 08:59 PM

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts
Man, if Eric and Danielle somehow end up beating the Yield Queens and finish first, there is no way anybody on this planet can say that karma didn't play a huge part in biting the BQs in the ass because of the two Yields.
Old 04-15-07, 09:47 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
I don't see how using the yield is a bad thing that brings bad karma. Yes, it sucks for the team that gets yielded...but it is a part of the game. It isn't cheating, it isn't playing dirty. The girls shouldn't feel bad for doing it and there shouldn't be any negative things associated with its aftermath.
Old 04-15-07, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Perkinsun Dzees
Man, if Eric and Danielle somehow end up beating the Yield Queens and finish first, there is no way anybody on this planet can say that karma didn't play a huge part in biting the BQs in the ass because of the two Yields.
uhm. Karma isn't real. If you're talking about Eric and Danielle racing harder to enact revenge, then yes that could happen.
Old 04-15-07, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's a shame Danny and Oswald took the Fast Forward...they missed their chance to reunite with the "Green Star" ferry from Season 2. That was kind of cool to see a very specific place from a previous race.
Old 04-15-07, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Perkinsun Dzees
Eh, it's part of the game. The biggest hypocrite on this show is Mirna, so hopefully karma bites her in the ass.
Old 04-15-07, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts
I am tired of all of the pussies whining about the Yield being dirty. It is part of the game you fucking midget cousin and Eric/Danielle.
Old 04-15-07, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by Merkin Muffley
It's a shame Danny and Oswald took the Fast Forward...they missed their chance to reunite with the "Green Star" ferry from Season 2. That was kind of cool to see a very specific place from a previous race.
I thought Fern was going to appear to lead them around town...It would have been cool if the producers tracked her down and brought her back
Old 04-15-07, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts
The FF was just sad. They should only put the FF at a bunch up point so that more than one team may actually try and do it.
Old 04-15-07, 10:46 PM
Banned

Dustin
Old 04-15-07, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Whining about the Yield is soooooo Season 5.

No one was complaining when the Weavers got Yielded a record 2 times. I suppose a lynch mob is nicer and more "in the spirit of the race."

Gee Eric, it wasn't dirty at all when you canceled cabs and placed the blame on Mojo. Yeah Mirna, it was such good "karma" to tell the ticket agent that Colin shouldn't be allowed on the flight because he's a violent criminal.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.