Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

ABC considers asking "LOST" producers to cut 13-week hiatus short ...

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 12-19-06, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"LOST" to Return Early?

Discuss.
Old 12-19-06, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts
If they would play the remaining episodes straight thru with no repeats, then good. If not, then bad.
Old 12-19-06, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
But there's no way ABC is not going to show Lost episode in May sweeps, so there will be 2-3 weeks were the show will go on mini-hiatus or have reruns shown.
Old 12-19-06, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Maybe they should of just renewed Invasion from last year. That show was just starting to take off in my opinion.
Old 12-19-06, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
I just want them to move the show back to 9 pm....
Old 12-19-06, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i just want the show to stop dragging out storylines, through there is alot of "flashbacks" i really find them to be time consuming and very annoying. lets either show them getting killed or show them somehow getting off the island.
Old 12-19-06, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by SunMonkey
agreed. I was still slightly angry that it was moved from 8pm to 9pm but oh well.
Old 12-19-06, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nateman241
lets either show them getting killed or show them somehow getting off the island.
So you want, what, one more episode and then end the show?
Old 12-19-06, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by nateman241
i just want the show to stop dragging out storylines, through there is alot of "flashbacks" i really find them to be time consuming and very annoying. lets either show them getting killed or show them somehow getting off the island.
You incredibly -- and almost entirely -- miss the point of LOST.
Old 12-19-06, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by SunMonkey
Yeah, keep it at 9pm and get squashed by both Criminal Minds and American Idol... I mean, CM was already giving a run for its money before, what's going to happen when AI comes into play? I highly doubt it'll take much away from CM's audience.
Old 12-19-06, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 573 Likes on 418 Posts
Originally Posted by hardercore
You incredibly -- and almost entirely -- miss the point of LOST.
what is the point of LOST
Old 12-19-06, 06:35 PM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Kevin M. Dean
Maybe they should of just renewed Invasion from last year. That show was just starting to take off in my opinion.
or Alias and put it in a better time slot.
Old 12-19-06, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by whotony
Without trying to sound like someone "in the loop", I'm pretty sure the producers in charge of LOST would like compel viewers with mystery and intrigue, at the same time offering character development through backstories. It's just a guess, though. I don't know for sure that's what they're trying to do.
Old 12-19-06, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JB7
or Alias and put it in a better time slot.
No, but with JJ involved, I'm sure if they're in a pinch, they could get Felicity back on network tv!
Old 12-19-06, 07:25 PM

While I would like to have it back early, I don't want them to have off-weeks in order to have episodes for May sweeps. They already promised the fans no repeats. Maybe they could add on some more episodes.
Old 12-19-06, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Or couldn't they just install "spy" cams all over Evangeline Lily's house and air 1 hour of clips of her showering, go to the toilet (Borat would be happy), walking around naked, swimming in her pool naked, eating naked, etc?
Old 12-19-06, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
At least cut back on flashbacks or have them be acually needed info (AKA: Why was Lock in a wheelchair). Several this season were pointless and were not needed info.
Old 12-19-06, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Or couldn't they just install "spy" cams all over Evangeline Lily's house and air 1 hour of clips of her showering, go to the toilet (Borat would be happy), walking around naked, swimming in her pool naked, eating naked, etc?
Or being eaten naked.
Old 12-19-06, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

She's winning by a landslide margin on TV.com's poll: 2006's Hottest Actress on TV
Old 12-19-06, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

While I am fine with ABC doing whatever it likes (and me making a decision whether or not to continue watching the show), I think the only way you bring the show back early is if you can beg another couple of episodes this season out of the producers.

If they stick with 6/16 next season, I would strongly suggest to them that they find a way to spin off a character or two from the show (perhaps Michael and Walt) and greenlight a miniseries about those characters made by a different set of writers and crew. Air that in the LOST hiatus.
Old 12-19-06, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

That everything is going to change.
Old 12-19-06, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 908 Likes on 643 Posts
Originally Posted by Jimmy James
While I am fine with ABC doing whatever it likes (and me making a decision whether or not to continue watching the show), I think the only way you bring the show back early is if you can beg another couple of episodes this season out of the producers.

If they stick with 6/16 next season, I would strongly suggest to them that they find a way to spin off a character or two from the show (perhaps Michael and Walt) and greenlight a miniseries about those characters made by a different set of writers and crew. Air that in the LOST hiatus.
I can wait. I wanted them to hold them all until Jan. ala 24. If it comes back early, I'd like to see a couple bonus episodes so we don't get reruns. I bet this pretty much guarantees us 1 clip show a week before the Jan. premier.

Jimmie James, you may be on to something. Maybe not necessarily spin off current characters(especially Mike & Walt-good riddance), but they could easily delve into the other 30+ survivors of the group. It's bad enough that Jack/Kate/Sawyer has eaten up 6 episodes of the season already, I'm ready to see some of the rest of the cast for a change. Doing a mini-series based off of new characters inbetween the breaks would be great.
Old 12-19-06, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Or being eaten naked.
by me??
Old 12-19-06, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I can wait. I wanted them to hold them all until Jan. ala 24. If it comes back early, I'd like to see a couple bonus episodes so we don't get reruns. I bet this pretty much guarantees us 1 clip show a week before the Jan. premier.

Jimmie James, you may be on to something. Maybe not necessarily spin off current characters(especially Mike & Walt-good riddance), but they could easily delve into the other 30+ survivors of the group. It's bad enough that Jack/Kate/Sawyer has eaten up 6 episodes of the season already, I'm ready to see some of the rest of the cast for a change. Doing a mini-series based off of new characters inbetween the breaks would be great.
I don't think you can shoot on a location like the island cheaply enough to be able to do what you're suggesting. I think they have to develop characters in the non-island world so they can do the show for a price that makes sense for a miniseries. If not Michael, perhaps do one about a character or two from the flashbacks.
Old 12-19-06, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
to make sure the viewers fully understand the title of the show.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.