Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

FOO FIGHTERS: Skin and Bones [DVD] -11/28/06

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

FOO FIGHTERS: Skin and Bones [DVD] -11/28/06

Old 10-04-06, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts
FOO FIGHTERS: Skin and Bones [CD & DVD]

FOO FIGHTERS SKIN AND BONES RELEASE

US RELEASE DETAILS - WORLDWIDE RELEASE INFO TO FOLLOW

SKIN AND BONES, Foo Fighters' first live album, captures the band's critically-acclaimed 2006 acoustic tour with 15 special performances of songs spanning the band's career. Available in stores on November 7th, SKIN AND BONES will be followed up with a DVD version in stores on November 28th.

For many fans, the album and DVD will be the first (and only) chance to witness the magic of this completely sold out tour that played a mere 15 North American venues. SKIN AND BONES captures every highlight - from the opening crescendo of Razor to the live debut of the Nirvana b-side Marigold to striking reinterpretations of FF classics like My Hero, Times Like These, Best Of You, and Everlong and much more.

As you're now asking yourself how you can get the album as soon as humanly possible, here's your answer. You can PRE-ORDER the record through either the iTunes US store or the Foo Fighters Online Store!

For you iTunes fans, their pre-order package contains the following:

1. instant access to 'My Hero' from the album (downloads immediately when pre-order is placed)
2. Bonus video of the song "Skin And Bones" from the DVD (comes with full album; exclusive to pre-orders)
3. Bonus audio track of "Ain't It The Life" (comes with full album; exclusive to pre-orders)
4. PDF Booklet (no flash)

For those of you who prefer your music the old-fashioned way, you can pre-order a shiny COMPACT DISC version of the album through FooFighters.com - where you can choose from 3 special package options featuring exclusive Foo Fighters Merch!

The 15-song Skin And Bones album will be in stores November 7th. The expanded DVD featuring 5 additional songs follows on November 28th.

The CD release of Skin And Bones will feature:
Razor
Over & Out
Walking After You
Marigold
My Hero
Next Year
Another Round
Big Me
Cold Day In The Sun
Skin And Bones
February Stars
Times Like These
Friend Of A Friend
Best Of You
Everlong

Last edited by gerrythedon; 10-30-06 at 12:46 AM.
Old 10-04-06, 06:19 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Contents?
Old 10-04-06, 06:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Three Los Angeles performances from the Foo Fighters' recent stripped-down tour form the basis for the upcoming live album "Skin and Bones." Due Nov. 7 via RCA, the 15-track set was taped in late August at the Pantages Theater.

A DVD from the shows, boasting additional songs and extra features yet to be announced, will arrive later in November.

The track list blends material from the band's half-electric/half-acoustic album "In Your Honor" with vintage cuts like "Big Me," "Everlong," "My Hero" and "Walking After You," plus the Dave Grohl-penned Nirvana B-side "Marigold," which the Foos had never performed prior to this tour.

As previously reported, the band is keeping the acoustic concept rolling with a host of fall dates, including three shows early next month in Australia, Oct. 21-22 appearances at Neil Young's Bridge School benefit outside San Francisco and a run of support slots for Bob Dylan through early November.

Here is the CD track list for "Skin and Bones":

"Razor"
"Over & Out"
"Walking After You"
"Marigold"
"My Hero"
"Next Year"
"Another Round"
"Big Me"
"Cold Day in the Sun"
"Skin and Bones"
"February Stars"
"Times Like These"
"Friend of a Friend"
"Best of You"
"Everlong"
Old 10-04-06, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome...the acoustic show was the best concert I've ever seen in my life (and I see a shitload of concerts). Can't wait for the DVD and CD... excellent.

MATT
Old 10-04-06, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Excellent! Their previous live DVD was fantastic! Looking forward to this!
Old 10-04-06, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts
Another live dvd?

They need to put out a dvd of all their videos, STAT!
Old 10-04-06, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by slop101
Another live dvd?

They need to put out a dvd of all their videos, STAT!
For real, man. Almost as bad as Dave's buddy Trent.
Old 10-04-06, 11:59 PM

I totally screeeewwwed up and wasnt able to go to any of their acoustic shows, and I have heard a few songs from them and now am shooting myself. They sounded UNBELIEVABLE!! I for one really liked IYH including the acoustic cd, but WOW ive heard a song or two that was on the acoustic side, played during this tour and it sounds just amazing live, they did it better live than on the album, so much deeper live.
Cant wait for the cd, and for the dvd. Woo Hoo!!
Old 10-05-06, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 204 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by mdc3000
Awesome...the acoustic show was the best concert I've ever seen in my life (and I see a shitload of concerts). Can't wait for the DVD and CD... excellent.

MATT
Originally Posted by foofighters7
I totally screeeewwwed up and wasnt able to go to any of their acoustic shows, and I have heard a few songs from them and now am shooting myself. They sounded UNBELIEVABLE!! I for one really liked IYH including the acoustic cd, but WOW ive heard a song or two that was on the acoustic side, played during this tour and it sounds just amazing live, they did it better live than on the album, so much deeper live.
Cant wait for the cd, and for the dvd. Woo Hoo!!
I saw one of the shows that they filmed for the dvd, and having seen them before electric and having seen over 300+ shows, this was in my top 5 shows of all time. TERRIFIC SOUND!!! And totally a great show. CAN'T WAIT
Old 10-26-06, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

FOO FIGHTERS SKIN AND BONES RELEASE

US RELEASE DETAILS - WORLDWIDE RELEASE INFO TO FOLLOW

SKIN AND BONES, Foo Fighters' first live album, captures the band's critically-acclaimed 2006 acoustic tour with 15 special performances of songs spanning the band's career. Available in stores on November 7th, SKIN AND BONES will be followed up with a DVD version in stores on November 28th.

For many fans, the album and DVD will be the first (and only) chance to witness the magic of this completely sold out tour that played a mere 15 North American venues. SKIN AND BONES captures every highlight - from the opening crescendo of Razor to the live debut of the Nirvana b-side Marigold to striking reinterpretations of FF classics like My Hero, Times Like These, Best Of You, and Everlong and much more.

As you're now asking yourself how you can get the album as soon as humanly possible, here's your answer. You can PRE-ORDER the record through either the iTunes US store or the Foo Fighters Online Store!

For you iTunes fans, their pre-order package contains the following:

1. instant access to 'My Hero' from the album (downloads immediately when pre-order is placed)
2. Bonus video of the song "Skin And Bones" from the DVD (comes with full album; exclusive to pre-orders)
3. Bonus audio track of "Ain't It The Life" (comes with full album; exclusive to pre-orders)
4. PDF Booklet (no flash)

For those of you who prefer your music the old-fashioned way, you can pre-order a shiny COMPACT DISC version of the album through FooFighters.com - where you can choose from 3 special package options featuring exclusive Foo Fighters Merch!

The 15-song Skin And Bones album will be in stores November 7th. The expanded DVD featuring 5 additional songs follows on November 28th.

The CD release of Skin And Bones will feature:
Razor
Over & Out
Walking After You
Marigold
My Hero
Next Year
Another Round
Big Me
Cold Day In The Sun
Skin And Bones
February Stars
Times Like These
Friend Of A Friend
Best Of You
Everlong

from Email
Old 10-26-06, 11:20 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
They seem due for a greatest hits by now
Old 10-27-06, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MANBREASTS
They seem due for a greatest hits by now
Nah! "Greatest hits" are something a band puts out when they are done and have nothing else to offer.

Foo Fighters got plenty of life in them!
Old 10-30-06, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Best Buy exclusive DVD

Take advantage of great pricing and free shipping on Skin and Bones, the new unplugged-style live CD from Foo Fighters.

This offer also includes a Best Buy exclusive DVD, previewing the soon-to-be-released DVD that captures the Skin and Bones performance on video.

Also below, check out video and audio streams from the live performance!

Available while supplies last. Bonus preview DVD will arrive in the package with the new CD

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....at104200050013
Old 11-09-06, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Great CD. Too bad it doesn't have "Ain't It The Life" [one of my favorites] on it, there was enough space to add [one more song to] it [or they coulda dropped "February Stars"]... Next week DVD!

Last edited by gerrythedon; 11-09-06 at 10:19 PM.
Old 11-10-06, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Awesome CD...was kind of bummed that "See You" didn't make the cut, but at least it'll be on the DVD...unlike "Miracle"...WTF? I guess they didn't play it at this show, but in Toronto it was easily a highlight, accompanied by a very funny border crossing story...
Old 11-10-06, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts
I saw them on Sunday open for Bob Dylan. I can say I am not a big fan of their work but the accoustic stuff was amazing. They certainly had more life then Bob who just sat at his keyboard moving only to walk off stage (he was still amazing though). I think I will snag this simply because of how great they were as an opener.
Old 11-11-06, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 204 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by mdc3000
Awesome CD...was kind of bummed that "See You" didn't make the cut, but at least it'll be on the DVD...unlike "Miracle"...WTF? I guess they didn't play it at this show, but in Toronto it was easily a highlight, accompanied by a very funny border crossing story...
I was there for the first night of this recording/filming and they did do Miracle...

Here was the setlist:

01. Razor
02. Over And Out
03. On The Mend
04. Walking After You
05. Marigold
06. My Hero
07. Next Year
08. Another Round
10. See You
11. Floaty

01. "Intro - Big Me"
02. Big Me
03. Cold Day In The Sun
04. Skin And Bones
05. Miracle
06. Times Like These
07. Encore - Intro to FOAF
16. Friend Of A Friend
17. Best Of You
18. Everlong
Old 11-30-06, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Fuck, now this is a sweet DVD. The CD shoulda been a 2 Disc! [complete show]... Saw it today, the sound is amazing! The video is good [Damn HD grain].. Loved the Kurt/Nirvana story.
Old 12-01-06, 09:00 AM

Yeah, I watched this last night and thought it was great! I enjoyed the Kurt story too. I can imagine Kurt singing Friend of a Friend. It made me want to see Nirvana's MTV Unplugged show again. I was surprised to see it's not available on R1 DVD.

Last edited by Tenacious D; 12-01-06 at 09:19 AM.
Old 12-01-06, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The sound on the DVD really kicks the shit out of the CD version...it sounded amazing - almost like being there. Awesome.
Old 12-01-06, 11:44 AM

Agreed, incredible DVD.
Old 12-01-06, 11:50 AM

Indeed, great dvd. Wished more of the songs were on the cd. But Im sure you can get them somewhere...
Old 12-26-06, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Circuit City has been advertising this as a 4 disk set?!?!? Anyone know the details behind this? Or is it just a misprint in last Sunday's ad?
Old 12-26-06, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
Circuit City has been advertising this as a 4 disk set?!?!? Anyone know the details behind this? Or is it just a misprint in last Sunday's ad?
I saw that too, must be a misprint since its a 1CD or 1DVD release.
Old 12-26-06, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think they also had the same misprint in there last week too!