TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Veronica Mars -- "Charlie Don't Surf" -- 10/24/06

Old 10-24-06, 05:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Veronica Mars -- "Charlie Don't Surf" -- 10/24/06

"Charlie Don't Surf"
Spoiler:
Logan enlists Veronica's help in sorting through his financial records when he is informed that his inheritance is running low; Harmony (Laura San Giacomo) hires Keith to investigate her cheating husband.

Cast: Kristen Bell, Percy Daggs III, Teddy Dunn, Jason Dohring, Francis Capra, Enrico Colantoni, Tessa Thompson, Matt Czuchry, Laura San Giacomo, Tina Majorino, Ryan Hansen , Julie Gonzalo, Chris Lowell.
Director(s): Jason Bloom.
Producer(s): Joel Silver, Rob Thomas.
Writer(s): Diane Ruggiero, Jason Elen .

Original Airdate: October 24, 2006.
Old 10-24-06, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope the rapist mystery starts picking up, or at least Veronica mentions it more than once.

Last week's mention almost seemed like a quick 'oops! we forgot to have Veronica mention the rapist in the script. Quick, set up a scene where she briefly mentions it!'. You think Veronica would be a WHOLE lot more interested in it after what happened to her, but
Old 10-24-06, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think things have to start moving, especially now that Weevil is out and about on campus!
Old 10-24-06, 08:56 PM

When I was visiting San Diego this summer, I saw them filming the scene inside the convience store.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.ph...1&postcount=43

I tried to see if I could see myself in the background, but I couldn't see fast enough, and my TiVo doesn't have enough quality. Anyone have a hi-def screen grab of her walking in?
Old 10-24-06, 09:23 PM
Suspended

Kind of annoying that they have to keep so many people out of every ep for budget reasons - 2 weeks in a row no Wallace, no Wallace's roommate this week, no Mac again, and no Weevil. Oh well, if that's what it takes to keep the show on the air, they could have VM and Keith and nobody else and I'd watch.
Old 10-24-06, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by aktick
Kind of annoying that they have to keep so many people out of every ep for budget reasons - 2 weeks in a row no Wallace, no Wallace's roommate this week, no Mac again, and no Weevil. Oh well, if that's what it takes to keep the show on the air, they could have VM and Keith and nobody else and I'd watch.
I have a huge problem with people (especially Mac) totally disappearing supposedly because of the budget.

This season, so far, isn't a huge upgrade over last season and I'm finding it kind of uninspiring.

If it keeps up, I might not care if they end things...just as long as they let them do a full season to do it.

They have about 5 people too many people on the CBS show The Class...why can't they fire them and loan some of that money to the people at the WB so Weevil and MAC can really be regulars? Not just regulars in title only.
Old 10-24-06, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I thought it was an above average season 3 episode. It was neat to see the "Just Shoot Me" reunion between Keith and Harmony. Was Parker's head shaved? Her hair looks normal (not a wig).
Old 10-25-06, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,847 Posts
Agreed that the cast seems to big to handle.

Seems like they should've just cut back to a core group of Veronica, Wallace, Keith, and Logan. I don't know why some of these people who should only pop up every now and then like Lamb and Dick are "regulars." Wouldn't that jack up the budget putting all of these people don't use regularly in the credits?

Money issues aside, how many of these people are going to be able to work into every single storyline?
Old 10-25-06, 02:35 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
Veronica calling the asian frat guy token was funny

I liked the "Just Shoot Me" reunion as well
Old 10-25-06, 05:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This season is boring the shit out of me. Veronica looks crappier than ever(long hair for the loss!), the missing persons are annoying, and the main mystery once again just seems so unimportant. Just like they did with Meg they turned Piper into a bitch so why the fuck should I care who raped her?

At this point I dont care if they cancel the show or not. The only reason I'm still watching is because there is nothing else on Tuesday nights worth watching.
Old 10-25-06, 06:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This season isn't doing anything for me either. I do like Veronica's look better though.
Old 10-25-06, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
They have about 5 people too many people on the CBS show The Class...why can't they fire them and loan some of that money to the people at the WB so Weevil and MAC can really be regulars? Not just regulars in title only.
You know I was just thinking that on Monday night. That show has SO MANY cast members that there's never any setup for anything funny. They just cram everything in there for 22 minutes.

I thought this episode was okay. The central mystery was only a "step" in solving the real rape thing. So was Maya Gallo (Laura San Giacomo) hitting on Elliott DiMauro(Enrico Colantoni) again? This storyline was a tad transparent. I'm suspecting that it will come back ... in the beginning Keith didn't even know she was married. Anyone suspect that she may NOT be married to that guy and is essentially having Keith do the stalking for her? She just seemed to pull that "and my daughter" out of her repertoire whenever necessary....

Last edited by rfduncan; 10-25-06 at 08:08 AM.
Old 10-25-06, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't know if anyone has speculated this in previous VM threads, but my theory for the rapist
Spoiler:
is that it will turn out to be a female. Maybe the editor of the school newspaper.

By the way, My Veronica is more beautiful than ever.
Old 10-25-06, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I agree with Charlie's theory. I like this season a lot. The characters and dialogue are sustaining it for me...sure they aren't doing much PLOT wise, but I'll take any Veronica I can get... loved ANOTHER Lebowski reference "Watch it man there's a beverage here!"

MATT
Old 10-25-06, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'd buy into Charlie's theory if V were making a few less Lesbowski references and a few more Nip/Tuck ones. Unless it turns out to be Trina. Any excuse to get Alyson Hannigan back on the show is a good excuse as far as I'm concerned.

My guess is that we still haven't met the rapist yet. In season one they didn't introduce Aaron Echolls until long after the audience were trying to figure out whodunnit. They may well be playing the same game again here.

Or it might turn out that Veronica was WRONG last year and it WAS her ex-boyfriend who raped Maebe Funke. Maybe he heard about the MO and is now a copycat. Remember, V didn't prove that he DIDN'T do it, only that someone else was doing the same thing before he got there.
Old 10-25-06, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by wergo
I'd buy into Charlie's theory if V were making a few less Lesbowski references and a few more Nip/Tuck ones.
Yep. Rob Thomas has never struck me as being obsessed with Ryan Murphy.

My guess is that we still haven't met the rapist yet.
That would be a real disappointment. They had a whole season to solve the Kane mystery. We're nearing the conclusion of this arc already if I understand the season layout right.
Old 10-25-06, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My guess is that we still haven't met the rapist yet. In season one they didn't introduce Aaron Echolls until long after the audience were trying to figure out whodunnit. They may well be playing the same game again here.
What? You mean when he first appears in episode SIX?

I might give you that if there weren't supposed to be mini-arcs this season. Judging by that, I'd say we've definitely encountered the rapist by now and should have this tied up relatively soon.

Or it might turn out that Veronica was WRONG last year and it WAS her ex-boyfriend who raped Maebe Funke.
The problem with THAT is that GRAFF would have had to have been the copycat since other girls had been raped in the same fashion Stacy (Alia Shawkat) had during Graff's college visit. It is clearly someone who attended Herst last year and is still a student/on staff.

Last edited by rfduncan; 10-25-06 at 11:24 AM.
Old 10-25-06, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was rolling after Dick's "They'rrrrrreeeee heeeerrrreeee." line
Old 10-25-06, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The question in my mind is who the most shocking rapist would be. Keith would be the most shocking, but I think we can exclude him for two reasons. He was in the desert when Mac's roomie was raped, and this show is largely about Keith's relationship with Veronica.

Logan would be the next most shocking rapist. That would be a pretty damned jarring way to end the romance I think most people see ending, but it would have the effect of leaving us without the Logan character. I doubt that would happen.

I'd count Wallace as the next most shocking candidate. That would really come out of nowhere.

I think one of the professors or the president of the college would be the most shocking rapist that I could actually see being the rapist.
Old 10-25-06, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
I'd count Wallace as the next most shocking candidate. That would really come out of nowhere.

I think one of the professors or the president of the college would be the most shocking rapist that I could actually see being the rapist.
Again since there were rapes prior to Wallace's visit to Hearst last season, that seems unlikely.
Old 10-25-06, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Again since there were rapes prior to Wallace's visit to Hearst last season, that seems unlikely.
We're still not sure there's only ONE rapist, though. I haven't seen any reason not to believe there may be copycats out there. The original rapist may well have stopped before 'Rapes Of Graff' and someone else may just be following the same MO. I wonder if the cops have learned anything of a CSI-type nature that might be hidden from the students. (I still find it odd that the victims' names have been so public.)
Old 10-25-06, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

so Ed Begley, Jr. did it?

I think it sucks that Weevil wasn't around, Wallace too...but Mac, whatever. Is it really for budget reasons? I guess I never read anything about that. Suck.

One of my favorite lines was, "Are you going as a hypocrite?"
Old 10-25-06, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well good news regarding ratings
3.27m
2.99m
3.22m
3.31m

while its not keeping GG's numbers, its been consistant and risen a few thousand people a week, so that could be good news as far as getting a full season (and these numbers are better then last season by about 500,000 people.
Old 10-25-06, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Brent_MN
so Ed Begley, Jr. did it?
I think that's the most shocking likely option, yes.
Old 10-25-06, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Did everyone just not see Wallace in this episode, or was it such a small part that everybody just disregarded it?

I miss Mac though.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.