Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Tanya Donelly's "This Hungry Life"

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 10-06-06, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For those of you Belly/Tanya fans, she has a new album due to be released on 17th October. You can read all about it on her website.

I, for one, was underwhelmed by her last album (Whiskey Tango Ghosts) but always welcome new material from her. I hope this one is a little more rocking than the previous two.

-ringding-
Old 10-06-06, 10:36 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didnt like her second album as much as her first, but that's okay, she's still better than a lot of artists out there right now, so I"ll give the new one a spin, and see. Maybe it'll be better
Old 10-11-06, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I just ordered an autographed copy for my girlfriend, as a Christmas present.

Thanks for letting me know about this!
Old 10-19-06, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

So, this came out two days ago. Anybody else get it?

I have to say, I think Tanya's formative years have passed. She's mellowed out too much. Her best songwriting was always electric guitar-based. Her last excellent album was in 1997: her first solo album.

Maybe motherhood's mellowed her out a lot.
-ringding-
Old 10-20-06, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DrRingDing
So, this came out two days ago. Anybody else get it?

I have to say, I think Tanya's formative years have passed. She's mellowed out too much. Her best songwriting was always electric guitar-based. Her last excellent album was in 1997: her first solo album.

Maybe motherhood's mellowed her out a lot.
-ringding-
Yeah her best stuff was in Belly for sure, especially "King" and "Star". "King" is one of the great, underrated\forgotten power-up alternative albums of that decade. I checked out a few of her solo albums and have been EXTREMELY disapointed.
Old 10-20-06, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by thebunk
Yeah her best stuff was in Belly for sure, especially "King" and "Star". "King" is one of the great, underrated\forgotten power-up alternative albums of that decade. I checked out a few of her solo albums and have been EXTREMELY disapointed.
I agree 100%. I absolutely adored Belly yet nobody i knew listened to anything by them other than the radio single Feed the Tree but i found both their albums to be dynamite. Their cover of Are You Experienced on the Stone Free compilation is probably my favorite Hendrix cover as well.

When Love Songs For Underdogs came out i snapped it right up and thought it was horrible. Nothing like Belly at all and very disappointing.