Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon's return policy -- shipping costs?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 07-26-06, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is anyone familiar with amazon.com's return policy? I recently ordered Kingdom of Heaven there, but found it somewhere for cheaper, so decided to make a return once it was received. Well, I went online to start the process, and got this message:
Because your return is not the result of our error, shipping costs associated with your return will be deducted from the amount of your refund.

Does anyone know how much this will end up costing me? I'm already spending money to make the return, are there further charges they are referring to (like a stocking charge?), or is it just the posting I'm already paying at the post office? I'm not so sure I want to spend 5$ just returning the disc. Thanks.
Old 07-26-06, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Did Amazon give you a prepaid return postage label to print out? If they did, then it's probably the return shipping that they are going to deduct from your refund. Don't be so honest next time-claim that the disc won't play and that you want a refund and you'll have no worries.
Old 07-26-06, 05:13 PM

ha yeah, poorly played by me, but I realized they did give me a return label, so I guess that'll be the only charge. Couple bucks maybe?
Old 07-26-06, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jigga6286
ha yeah, poorly played by me, but I realized they did give me a return label, so I guess that'll be the only charge. Couple bucks maybe?
Whatever the postage charge is for when you return it postage paid they will deduct that from the amount of money they are returning to you.

ie: If you paid $25.00 for the item and the postage fee is $5.00 you'll get $20.00 back on your credit card.
Old 07-26-06, 08:22 PM

Ask Amazon for a price match - they'll honour it as long as you bought it within 30 days...