Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Question for Theatre Employees

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 05-29-06, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 217 Likes on 164 Posts

Is the first showing on Sunday morning for kids films still mostly little kids? This is how it was at the theatre I worked at 10 years ago. Thinking of taking my two and a half year old to Cars but don't want to ruin it for anyone.
Old 05-29-06, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
never worked at a theater, but the ones around me is monday mornings.
Old 05-29-06, 08:20 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by maingon
never worked at a theater, but the ones around me is monday mornings.
This is new to me. I've never knew theaters scheduled designated screenings specifically for children films. Probably the reason being, I don't have any kids.
Old 05-29-06, 09:48 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the OP means the time/showing when lots of little kids are most present, so as not to disrupt other adults' viewing at other showings. How considerate!
Old 05-29-06, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mrs.Nesbit
Is the first showing on Sunday morning for kids films still mostly little kids? This is how it was at the theatre I worked at 10 years ago. Thinking of taking my two and a half year old to Cars but don't want to ruin it for anyone.

It's Sunday mornings around here also for childrens films. Also many theaters have a "family night" which includes discounted prices, so you may want to have your husband tag along to save some cash.
Old 05-29-06, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 219 Likes on 175 Posts
I just saw that AMC is starting something like this up. I think it was on either Saturdays or Wednesdays, but I'm really not for sure.
Old 05-29-06, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 362 Likes on 262 Posts
Haven't worked their for a few years.

Go Sunday morning. Or any weekday morning. Sunday morning was always packed with kiddies. Actually, we sold TONS of the kids meals on Sunday mornings. It was always a pain in the but.

During Cars, you can't really ruin it for anyone. It's a kids movie. Of course, adults can probably really enjoy it (taking from Pixars other movies). But, really, you'd have to be a very naieve moviegoer to think you're going to Car, and would't consider the thought of little kids taking and stuff.
Old 05-30-06, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The theater i worked at it, the first show on Saturday and Sundays were 75% kids. That was during the summer when we had the early shows. I guess some people may be morning people, but usually only people who have kids who wake them up at 7am will go see a movie at 10:30 in the morning.

Last edited by paradicelost; 05-30-06 at 03:36 PM.
Old 05-30-06, 10:55 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lol yea bring your husband! lol
Old 05-30-06, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,606 Likes on 1,005 Posts
Originally Posted by paradicelost
The theater i worked at it was the first show on Saturday and Sundays were 75% kids. That was during the summer when we had the early shows. I guess some people may be morning people, but usually only people who have kids who wake them up at 7am will go see a movie at 10:30 in the morning.
Do you have kids? Cause they're up all by themselves by 7 AM

I was thinking that Cars might be a good one to take my 2 1/2 year old to for his first movie. But I don't want to be one of "those parents", even at a flick like Cars so I'll have to think about it a bit more. Plus, I'm sure my wife would like to see it too, and I'm certainly not going to bring the 6-month old as well
Old 05-30-06, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Draven
Do you have kids? Cause they're up all by themselves by 7 AM
Yeah thats what i meant, kids who wake their parents up by 7am. My kids are pretty good at that, they won't wake me up till 8-8:30.
Old 05-30-06, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,606 Likes on 1,005 Posts
Originally Posted by paradicelost
Yeah thats what i meant, kids who wake their parents up by 7am. My kids are pretty good at that, they won't wake me up till 8-8:30.
Ah, I misread your post. I thought you said "parents who wake up their children to take them to a 10:30 movie"
Old 05-30-06, 05:00 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If someone is really going to have a problem with small kids in a Pixar movie they should know better than to hit the early shows. I'm generally okay with kids in these kinds of movies, as long as they are not completely out of control (talking loudly throughout the movie, running around up and down the aisles). And that I blame on the parents.
Old 05-30-06, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just want to say that I wish more people thought ahead about this sort of thing like you.