Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

James Bond Collection Vol. 1 No Longer Valuable?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-06, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I am always on the lookout for rare OOP dvds, and the James Bond collection has been on the top of my list.

So I felt like I struck gold when I went to Hastings, and saw a used Vol. 1 set in their glass case for $69.99. Another guy was lurking around looking at the set, and I immediately flagged down an associate to unlock the case before this guy snagged my Bond.

I drove home confident that I would make a quick good profit reselling this set on Ebay or Amazon. I seem to remember these sets going for $200 or more. I was shocked to see the average sell price in the $75.00-100 range. I believe that is around the price that the set originally sold for in retail stores. Has the set dropped in value or something? Should I hang on to it, or will these sets be worthless once Bond is rereleased on dvd?
Old 05-12-06, 09:05 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vol 1 has never been the big price reseller. Vol 2 and 3 are the ones that have always fetch big money on the secondary market.
Old 05-12-06, 09:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Of course, it is widely known that MGM is digitally restoring almost all the Bonds; and that they will be re-released on DVD (and perhaps Blu-ray?) later this year.