Reload this Page >

Superman Aquaman Hour?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Superman Aquaman Hour?

Old 04-16-06, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
Superman Aquaman Hour?

This originally came out back in 1967 and was produced by Filmation with mostly Aquaman seven minute cartoons with Superman playing second fiddle with much fewer cartoons-it also included The Atom,The Flash,The JLA amongst others.Does Warner Brothers own the video rights?
Old 04-16-06, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 211 Likes on 160 Posts
I would like to own the batman series from those years as well. You can catch them on boomerang mostly late at night.
Old 04-16-06, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Warner owns the rights, or at least did, because I have The Superman, Aquaman, and Batman VHS versions that were released of these shows. They were called the "Super Powers Collection", but were not the complete runs, only a half dozen episodes per tape. I'm not sure if they're even still in print - but I got mine back in the late 90's.

Would be cool to one day see them show up on DVD, though. Could still happen.

Last edited by Rocketdog2000; 04-16-06 at 09:31 PM.
Old 04-16-06, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I believe they play these between episodes of Batman: TAS and Superman on Boomerang late at night.
Old 04-17-06, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
These are great. I remember Superman, Batman, Aquaman & Superboy. I'd love to have them on DVD.

I found this on the DC Comics message boards:
In March 2004, ownership of the Filmation back catalog which was under the ownership of Hallmark was sold to a British company called Entertainment Rights. Entertainment Rights have since made the revelation that when Hallmark converted all of their Filmation shows to digital format in the 1990s, only PAL-format copies were made, with the original film prints apparently discarded. This was due to Hallmark's previously unknown (but long suspected) short-sighted policy of only distributing Filmation shows outside of the U.S., thus potentially leaving all Filmation shows forever running 4% faster than they originally did.