Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Burnout Revenge 360

Old 02-10-06, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 908 Likes on 643 Posts
Burnout Revenge 360

Burnout Revenge 360

Originally Posted by IGN
A next-generation version of Criterion's breakthrough racing series. The hopped-up Xbox 360 version features new Xbox Live features, including online downloadable replays and the Live Revenge feature for following your rivals so you can see how well they're doing and how much they deserve you to come after them. Tracks have been retouched to make use of the Xbox 360's power, and the crash and explosion effects have been pumped up, allowing you to literally rip cars to shreds in the most explosive crashes in the series' history.

* Live Revenge: It's not just about winning, it's about vengeance. A persistent Live Revenge mode tracks your relationships with online racers and rank leaders, calling them out in each race … know your rivals and punish them!

* Bragging rights: Give back to the online community … Save your greatest moments and upload them onto Xbox Live® for the world to see.

* Usable traffic: Think hockey on the highway. Now every vehicle on the road is in play and a potential target—or weapon. Ram traffic into your rivals, slam cars into vicious combo-based pile-ups, and lay waste to everything in sight. Don't fear traffic—fight it.

* Car deformation: Experience the next generation of destruction made possible by the power of Xbox 360™. Literally rip cars to shreds in the most explosive crashes in the series' history.

* Traffic Attack mode: An all-new traffic attack mode pits gamers against the clock in a mad dash for destruction. It's not about dodging traffic, it's about leveling it by any means necessary.

* Redefined crashing: Show Hollywood how it's done with all-new open-ended crash junctions, now including 10 new junctions exclusive to Xbox 360. With multiple start points; complex, vertically-oriented tracks; and hundreds of cars begging to be decimated, Burnout Revenge is the king of crash.

* Battle-ready circuits: Designed for maximum carnage, Burnout Revenge's tracks are loaded with massive jumps, multiple paths, and nasty chokepoints to deliver the ultimate brutal car combat. Vertical takedowns and in-race crashbreakers open up new avenues for destruction. Watch out for shortcuts, highlighted by flashing blue lights—they're everywhere.

* Car classes: All-new cars in three classes (race, muscle, and crash) accentuate different play styles. Choose your weapon!

* Untouchable speed: Burnout Revenge delivers unrivaled, irresponsible speed that can only possibly be topped by the real thing.

Old 02-10-06, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Now available at kiosks around the nation. Take your memory card to your local kiosk and snag them!

Exclusive:
Xbox 360 Themed Car
Xbox Dashboard Burnout Theme

To tell if your kiosk has the content:

The new demo contains playable Kameo, PGR3, Madden, and King Kong. The previous demo has COD2 playable, the new one does not.

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 02-15-06 at 03:37 PM.
Old 02-10-06, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Achievements:

Originally Posted by Gamespot
One aspect of Burnout Revenge we definitely want to call out are the achievements in the game, which stand as some of the best offered by an EA game to date. You'll find a whopping 36 achievements to earn in the game. A good chunk of them revolve around your performance in the game, such as racing perfectly or settling the score with a rival a set number of times. Another batch of achievements revolve around the online game and pose some cool challenges, such as dominating an online lobby by being ahead of five rivals at once, winning 50 races online, or scoring 50 takedowns in an online game. Finally, we were intrigued by some unique achievements that revolve around the replay clip mode; one of the achievements, for example, rewards you for getting a clip in the top 20 downloads.
I'll add a list later if anyone is interested.

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 02-10-06 at 09:41 AM.
Old 02-10-06, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This game looks GREAT. They said the sound is a LOT better than previous versions. Graphics have a nice upgrade too...EA did somethin right
Old 02-10-06, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Now. Who's buying?

I passed on the original version in anticipation of this one. I also pre-ordered and proceeded to cancel my order for Full Auto, choosing the tried and true series instead.

Thoughts? The achievements seem pretty cool. Some particular(online) achievements will never be achieved by most, I'm sure, which sucks for those trying for a perfect completion. Online achievments seem to prevent that from all but the most die hard elite gamers.

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 02-10-06 at 10:23 AM.
Old 02-10-06, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Now. Who's buying?
Me, me, me, ooh, ooh, over here, me, me!
Old 02-10-06, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yep, I have it pre-ordered already...along with Full Auto. Lots of blowing crap up for me.
Old 02-10-06, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
Yep, I have it pre-ordered already...along with Full Auto. Lots of blowing crap up for me.
ditto.
Old 02-10-06, 11:04 AM

I've been waiting to get a 360, mainly due to the money and not being able to find one, but now with DOA 4 and Burnout Revenge it'll be even harder not to hunt one down. But I think I'll still be waiting until Halo 3 comes out. (Yeah, I really don't have the money for it, what with the Revolution coming out).
Old 02-10-06, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
Yep same here
Old 02-10-06, 11:37 AM

The Full Auto demo let me down a little, so this makes me happy for Burnout!

Old 02-10-06, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I had Full Auto preordered until I played the demo, which was shiite after having recently picked up and compared it to NFS: Most Wanted. Burnout Revenge looks sweet though, so that stays on the preorder list.
Old 02-10-06, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This may be one of the reasons for me to buy an XBox...
Old 02-10-06, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Now available at kiosks around the nation. Take your memory card to your local kiosk and snag them!

Exclusive:
Xbox 360 Themed Car
Xbox Dashboard Burnout Theme

To tell if your kiosk has the content:

The new demo contains playable Kameo, PGR3, Madden, and King Kong. The previous demo has COD2 playable, the new one does not.
If they're actually going to do this regularly then I think it's worth it to get a memory card even though they're useless otherwise. But my luck would be such that I buy a memory card and they put downloadable content in the kiosk like twice over the lifespan of the console.

anyhow has anyone seen this content? Is is cool?
Old 02-10-06, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, a little help with the kiosk. Is this just the demo 360 set-up in Target, BB, etc. that was running COD2, or is it a special thing in specific stores?
Old 02-10-06, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

It is the regular kiosks. From what I have read, the only difference is they put a newer demo disc in it that contains Burnout stuff and a playable Madden instead of COD2.

I went to Best Buy at lunch and the kiosk was gone.

Kakihara, I believe this is the second time something has been offered off the kiosk so far. My memory is drawing a blank at what the other content was.
Old 02-11-06, 02:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm all over this game.
I knew that if I kept my old XBOX I would be tempted to get the old version so I sold my system just before the XBOX version came out. I

I also have my buddy getting me the content from the local Wal-Mart since he has a memory card.
Old 02-11-06, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

HD trailer of Burnout 360, for those interested!

Direct link:
http://movies.teamxbox.com/xbox360/b...er_US_EAHD.wmv
Old 02-11-06, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

FYI. I took my memory card to walmart last night and had some luck. The demo has Kameo listed first, Madden about halfway down and Full Auto on it as well.

Just scroll down to Burnout (it is dead last in the list) and click 'A.' It asks you if you want to copy the content to your memory card. Pretty simple.

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 02-11-06 at 04:48 PM.
Old 02-15-06, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

3 New Exclusive Cars at 360 kiosks!

Originally Posted by GamingBits
EA has announced 3 more downloadable car exclusives from local retailers for the upcoming (March 7, 2006) release of Burnout Revenge for the Xbox 360. Besides the custom Xbox one we announced earlier, you can get an exclusive car from Best Buy, Circuit City and Gamestop when you stop by their in-store Xbox 360 Kiosk after March 1, 2006. Get ready to travel around and pick up some cars!

Added a photo for the first exclusive above as well. Nice to see someone taking advantage of the kiosks.

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 02-15-06 at 03:58 PM.
Old 02-15-06, 07:12 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Nice.. Now I just have to go to kiosks and get those cars. And then preorder the game. I admit it does look and sound a lot better then Full Auto.
Revenge aspect sounds very intriguing.
Old 02-22-06, 02:17 PM

Comparison by IGN

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/690/690425p1.html
Old 02-22-06, 03:42 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I got the 360 car and the theme. Didn't find the Best Buy, Circuit City or Game Stop cars yet.
Also, I wonder how you get the Alienware and Spike TV ones.
Old 02-22-06, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Vryce
I got the 360 car and the theme. Didn't find the Best Buy, Circuit City or Game Stop cars yet.
Also, I wonder how you get the Alienware and Spike TV ones.
you can get an exclusive car from Best Buy, Circuit City and Gamestop when you stop by their in-store Xbox 360 Kiosk after March 1, 2006.
Old 02-22-06, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,867 Likes on 1,444 Posts
So how do you go in and put the memory card in? Do you have to show it to the guy at the door so that they don't think you're stealing it?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.