Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Staples (B&M) Turning in Empty Ink for $$ towards purchases?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 01-30-06, 12:14 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw a guy at Staples today with a big bag of ink cart's and he was turning them in for $3 coupons towards store purchases.

As I was in line the guy behind me said that's nothing, he turned in 40+ oneday and it was double return day so he got $6 coupons for each one he returned.

Made me wonder a few things, first off does anyone know if they restrict which types of ink cartriges they accept? I use those supermediastore.com (generics) in my epson, would they look at it and not accept it because it doesn't say Epson?

Second if they did take mine (which brand new cost me less than $3 each) and I got $3 each coupons for them to use in the store, can I combine those to buy something a bit bigger (say if I had 3 of them use them to buy something for $10 and pay a buck for it), or do they limit it to one coupon per purchase or something lame like that.

Oh also was that guy behind me blowing smoke or do they really have double redemption days where you get $6 each vs $3 each? If so WHEN do they do this, or do you have to be lucky enough to walk in and see a sign up.

Thanks for anyone that knows.

Bill
Old 01-30-06, 02:29 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I haven't turned in one before, but I heard that the coupons are not stackable. Essentially, you can apply one coupon per purchase.
Old 01-30-06, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've never heard of any "double redemption" and i know people who work at Staples.

There was a time when people would bring in a load of empty ink cartridges (like 300) and walk away with a insane amount of credit, however i believe there is a now a limit as to how many you can bring in and how many coupons you can recieve.

And i don't know how many coupons you can use per transaction, i've been told is just depends on the manager and the store. Some might limit 1, others might let you buy a computer with nothing but coupons.
Old 02-01-06, 08:12 PM

I just happen to have one of these coupons in my wallet so here's what it says:

Shop in store, by phone or online

$3 Free toward your next product purchase of $3 or more.

Now for the fine print:
Coupon valid for 3 months from date of issue. Valid in Staples, by phone at 1-800-333-3300 or online at www.staples.com. Limit one per customer, nontransferable. Minimum purchase requirement of $3 must be met with purchases to which no other coupon or instant savings offer applies. May not be combined with any other coupon. Coupon must be surrendered. No copies/facsimiles. no cash/credit back. Not valid on services, gift cards, postage stamps, prior purchases from Awards.com(tm) or on other provider Web sites. Tax and shipping not included in calculating minimum purchase.
Old 02-02-06, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 908 Likes on 643 Posts
Good info guys. Thanks. I was wondering the same things as the OP. I don't shop a lot at Staples, so it's probably best to just return a couple at a time. Good to use on CDRs & DVDRs. Or other small purchase.

Only question that still remains, is brand name. I use the same ink as steveperryfan. I'm assuming it doesn't matter since they just recycle them. Correct?