Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Does Best Buy do Price Match?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-05, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know? If they do, how does one go about doing it? Thanks!
Old 12-26-05, 09:31 AM

Yes, they do. For my store, you take the ad to customer service and they do the pricematch there. My store never calls to see if they have the item in stock, but some stores do.
Old 12-26-05, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Usually even if you don't have the circular for the competing store they will have a copy next to their register. I think you might find all the info you need over in the Store Forum.
Old 12-26-05, 09:48 AM

Yes they do. I just got back from Best Buy and they matched Circuit City's price on the The Shield Season 4 ($37.99). Just ask someone at the register. Always helps to bring the store ad but they matched mine even though I didn't have an ad.
Old 12-26-05, 10:07 AM

My Best Buy does it at the register, they fill out a form and take the page from the ad with the price. I've never had them call the other store to see if it was in stock, this did happen to me once at Circuit City though.
Old 12-26-05, 09:22 PM

BB does price match, but sometimes doesn't do it willingly.

I went there for a price match with Fry's, but they wouldn't do it since Fry's advertised one title per customer. Why that was a problem, I just couldn't figure out.

Other times, BB will contact the competitor to see if they have the specific item in stock.

You can ask for a price match, but it isn't as easy as other retailers such as Wal-Mart.
Old 12-30-05, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
The lady the other day tried to tell me I couldnt use my Reward Zone Certificate with a price match. She did go ahead with it but told me that she wasnt supposed to. Price matching hasnt been a problem for me but filling out personal information on those forms bugs me. They have to go through a lot of trouble to match a price that is different by only a dolar or two.