Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

moviesville.com RIPOFF ALERT

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 10-19-05, 09:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okay i'm a long time lurker here. But decided to register to post this!

moviesville is ripping me off for $80! I was looking around here before and say other people order and said some warnings but some people got their stuff.

So in my foolishness I decided to give them a chance and order a korean drama that was cheaper their then at yesasia. I payed extra for airmail and all, and not its been 5 going on 6 weeks with no sign of anything. They will NOT reply to my emails through their online thing anymore either...its probably too late to go through paypal now so I guess i'm out of $80.....
Old 10-19-05, 10:06 AM

if it is between 5 and six weeks you may still have some time. you can file a claim with paypal before 45 days has passed. I would look atthe transaction date and number and look into filing a claim. Also if you used a credit card through paypal you may have fraud protection from the credit card company as well. I would give them a call next if its past the 45 days for paypal.

Hope you get your money back and thanks for the heads up on crappy compnay.
Old 10-19-05, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

are you in canada? could it be a customs issue? i ordered once from them and had no issue. you can see the post in the international forum.
Old 10-19-05, 10:48 AM

yes i'm in Canada. I made the payment on 08/30 so paypal still says I can make a claim. I told them that I would file a claim if I don't get a reply in their email system by tonight.

I don't think its customs, since I ordered stuff from overseas after this and got them already. I don't think they even shipped it. After 2 weeks after they sent the first package, they replyed claiming theywill send out another package. But now its going on another 3 weeks and still nothing, and now they won't reply anymore!
Old 10-19-05, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,014 Likes on 721 Posts
I'm in Canada and ordered from them without any problems.

They re-sent after only 2 weeks? That's surprising for an overseas order. It just took me 3 weeks to receive an order from the U.S.

Good luck. Hopefully it's just slow in getting there.

Last edited by andicus; 10-21-05 at 09:41 AM.
Old 10-19-05, 10:58 AM

Well i'm hoping I get it too, if they would just reply to my question. Been 4 days now without a reply.

Yes I thought they would of said wait a while longer before sending out another one. But right now I highly doubt they ever sent anything! especially since they are ignoring all my emails now. Maybe after I file the paypal dispute they will finally get in gear and reply. As I don't mind waiting a bit longer, if they only they would communicate and let me know whats going on.
Old 10-19-05, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,014 Likes on 721 Posts
Did you try this e-mail addy?

[email protected]
Old 10-19-05, 11:21 AM

nope.. but I will try it now! i've been using their online email tool which they said to use.
Old 10-20-05, 11:15 AM

well no reply from anyone, not even from that email! paypal won't take my complaint even though they let me fill out the form for no reason... since I payed for half of it with my cc and half with paypal funds..guess I could try to call up my cc company to see if I can get a chargeback..
Old 10-20-05, 03:11 PM

Moviesville.com are theiving criminals. They robbed me for almost $80 as well failing to deliver some 50 days after an order. I have no doubt that they NEVER even shipped the item in the first place and use the 45 day wait to get out of the Paypal charge-back period.

Be warned that this trader is VERY unreliable indeed and suspicions should have been raised by the fact they advertise NO contact address, NO contact name, NO contact number and use a web form that they simply ignore.

Im trying to find a registered business address in order that I can alert the relevant trading body to there activities.
Old 10-21-05, 02:38 AM

I ordered a few times from them when they were selling under the name "foreign_movie_buff" on eBay. For the most part, I received what I ordered from them. However, their customer rating took a rocket trip south after people began complaining about receiving the wrong item or nothing at all. It took a long time to get a response from them by using their online form, and they seemed evasive when you asked questions about auction items.

Anyway, this is the information that I found by doing a domain lookup:
Registrant:
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com
Domain Name: MOVIESVILLE.COM
Created on: 28-Feb-03
Expires on: 28-Feb-06
Last Updated on: 31-Dec-03

Administrative Contact:
Private, Registration [email protected]
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
(480) 624-2599
Technical Contact:
Private, Registration [email protected]
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
(480) 624-2599
I hope this information helps to resolve your problem. Good luck.
Old 10-21-05, 06:52 AM

I did some digging as well, heres there mail address:

Entertainment Update
PO BOX 1959
CHANDLER, AZ 85244-1959
USA

Im also logging a complaint to the Chandler Police here

Go here and look up moviesville.com

Very interesting stuff but basically I condider theft a criminal offence so I suggest anyone else who has not received any goods drop the local police a line.
Old 10-21-05, 09:07 AM

thanks for the info. I've already started a chargeback through my cc. hopefully paypal will lock their account if it goes through! and of course I get my money back.

maybe I should try writing them a letter too..
Old 10-21-05, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by nezumi
I ordered a few times from them when they were selling under the name "foreign_movie_buff" on eBay.
Didn't realize this was them. A couple years ago I ordered from them the Hero Wooden Box....came damaged and asked them to send a new one...which they did and I sent the other back. Didn't care much for their shipping prices...

Here is hoping all who have been screwed get their cash back!
Old 10-21-05, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, I won an item on ebay and it seems like moviesville has a new ebay id. 122degrees is the name. So far they have 2 positive feedbacks from two totally different people. When I payed for the item it took me straight to the moviesville site. The item didnt cost much and immediately got a payment confirmation and 2 days later I got a ready for shipment confirmation. I will wait a month for the items to arrive, but until they do I can't say they are good or bad. I'll take a watch and wait status for now. I'll keep you guys informed.
Old 10-23-05, 11:58 PM

ronaldmacdonald movieSville.com purchase

ronaldmacdonald movieSville.com purchase

I am Lingling from movieSville.com. We are a Hong Kong company, but we use a US routing center.

We totally refunded your purchase (RonandMcdonald) and sent you a gift worth $200 - The complete series you purchased but did not get. I am sorry you had to go to law enforcement, and I am sorry for the hassle.

This company has new owners now and we are trying to improve shipping and customer service.

All shipments are guaranteed and if not delivery we re-ship or refund.

Recently some shipments to UK and other European countries were delayed, probably due to the UK subway incidents. It took 8 to 10 weeks to arrive, in some very rare cases. We already refunded a few such orders, but believe the items will eventually turn up.

Calmuser what is your order ID? I can look it up for you. If you write to us via the website click "contact" usually there is a response within 48 hours. There is no email customer support due to spam control.

-Lingling
Old 10-24-05, 12:17 AM

I have to say something about this order since this is not true.

This was resolved long time ago.

"ronaldmacdonald movieSville.com purchase"

Here is the details:

A message I just wrote "ronaldMacDonald"

XXXXXXXXX

How's it going?

I am getting reports from our customers about the postings at the web forums you wrote.

I understand you are upset. I just want to make sure you received the refund, plus this order was shipped to you for free, did you get it?

-Lingling

SKU Qty Description Unit Cost Amount
1500339 1 Dae Jang Geum ( aka : Jewel in the Palace) Volume 1 (ENGLISH SUBTITLES) (ChannelAdvisor Store 22014474)
Class: DVD Loc. #: - Unit Weight: 1.3 LB $67.99 $67.99

1500340 1 Dae Jang Geum ( aka : Jewel in the Palace) Volume 2 (ENGLISH SUBTITLES) (ChannelAdvisor Store 22014475)

1500341 1 Dae Jang Geum ( aka : Jewel in the Palace) Volume 3 (End) (ENGLISH SUBTITLES) (ChannelAdvisor Store 22014476)

Sub-Total $203.97
Tax $0.00
Shipping & Handling $3.99
Insurance $0.00
Addl Cost/Discount $0.00
Promotion Discount ($25.00)
Opt In Discount ($2.00)
Invoice Total $180.96

Thank you for shopping with movieSville.com.
Old 10-24-05, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by ronaldmacdonald
Moviesville.com are theiving criminals. They robbed me for almost $80 as well failing to deliver some 50 days after an order. I have no doubt that they NEVER even shipped the item in the first place and use the 45 day wait to get out of the Paypal charge-back period.

Be warned that this trader is VERY unreliable indeed and suspicions should have been raised by the fact they advertise NO contact address, NO contact name, NO contact number and use a web form that they simply ignore.

Im trying to find a registered business address in order that I can alert the relevant trading body to there activities.

RonaldMacdonald:

We responded to all your queries, contray to what you are claiming here.

45 days shipping time for international surface mail orders, that's the norm. No co-incidence with PayPal's policy - we were not aware 45 days is what PayPal stipulates as cut-off time for claims.

For any Surface mail orders, our new policy is to allow 8 weeks for delivery. For Air Mail, allow up to 3 to 6 weeks. For Express, 1 to 2 weeks.

I probably took you for another customer I apologize. But all shipments are guaranteed, there is no way we keep your money for doing nothing.

===========
LingLing at your service from movieSville.com
Old 10-24-05, 01:48 AM

our new policy is to allow 8 weeks for delivery...

6 weeks, 8 weeks what's next?

I still haven't received refunds for all my non-deliveries, if I ever do get a refund(s) then I will retract any comments made here, however, I have a feeling that my comments will hold.

Many people rely on e-tailers, international customers need to be aware that they can be chasing an order for a quarter of a year. That is a significant time frame. I have ordered many many items from the US/Asia and NONE have been delayed or taken anywhere near 8 weeks. Thats NONE!
Old 10-24-05, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by ronaldmacdonald
our new policy is to allow 8 weeks for delivery...

6 weeks, 8 weeks what's next?

I still haven't received refunds for all my non-deliveries, if I ever do get a refund(s) then I will retract any comments made here, however, I have a feeling that my comments will hold.

Many people rely on e-tailers, international customers need to be aware that they can be chasing an order for a quarter of a year. That is a significant time frame. I have ordered many many items from the US/Asia and NONE have been delayed or taken anywhere near 8 weeks. Thats NONE!

What is your order #? I can investigate for you. As I said recently a lot of orders to Europe was delayed due to heighted security measures derived from the UK London subway incidents. But rest assured, though rare instances of delays occur like yours (we ship thousands of orders per month), they will all be resolved. Please submit your queries via the website, click "contact".

As said we do not respond to emails directly.
Old 10-24-05, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by lingling
Calmuser what is your order ID? I can look it up for you. If you write to us via the website click "contact" usually there is a response within 48 hours. There is no email customer support due to spam control.
Hi, my order # 8337202 and my Case Number is 10-002-609
which it has now been almost 2 weeks now without an answer, so much for 48 hours reponse time!
Old 10-24-05, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Calmuser
Hi, my order # 8337202 and my Case Number is 10-002-609
which it has now been almost 2 weeks now without an answer, so much for 48 hours reponse time!
Here is the case; what you are claiming is not true:
Case Number:

10-002-609
Order Number:

Customer:

calmuser

Open
Issue Origin:

moviesVille.com
Issue Type:

Order status query
Buyer UserName:

rich*****@*****.***
Create Date:

2005-9-28 12:51:14

On that same date on 9/28 we posted a response. Then you and a customer rep has been writing forth and back. Your last message was posted on 10/20, 4 days from today - not TWO WEEKS as you claim here. Usually we respond within 24 hours. But recently due to demand hike, it's been like 3 to 5 days for a response. We are tackling this situation.

The reason I am writing here as an employee of movieSville.com is that a lot of posts are just not true. We are not thieves. We earn a decent living by offering decent services. Sometimes your order might be delayed since some packages involve shipping to one country then routed to another - but never did we rip anybody off. The shipping fee is only $3.99 or even waived if you order 5 items - this is a budget shipping option and can't be as fast as EMS.

-Lingling
Old 10-24-05, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by lingling
On that same date on 9/28 we posted a response. Then you and a customer rep has been writing forth and back. Your last message was posted on 10/20, 4 days from today - not TWO WEEKS as you claim here. Usually we respond within 24 hours. But recently due to demand hike, it's been like 3 to 5 days for a response. We are tackling this situation.

The reason I am writing here as an employee of movieSville.com is that a lot of posts are just not true. We are not thieves. We earn a decent living by offering decent services. Sometimes your order might be delayed since some packages involve shipping to one country then routed to another - but never did we rip anybody off. The shipping fee is only $3.99 or even waived if you order 5 items - this is a budget shipping option and can't be as fast as EMS.
Yes, on 9/28, when I first contacted you guys. I got a reponse in a reasonble time. Then after I got that one reponse, I NEVER got another one! where do you see me writing back and forth with a rep? I posted another reply on 10/12 and again on 10/15 and again on 10/18 and again like you said on 10/20 WITH NO RESPONSE from a rep! and I can take a screen shot to prove it! so in what I said is true, its been almost 2 weeks since I got a reponse! and YOU stated it should take about 2 weeks in your first and only reponse. Its been way past 2 weeks now.

and I payed EXTRA for Airmail shipping it SHOULD of been here a long time ago. I've order other items from HK and Bangkok AFTER I place my order with you and already received both of them!

I was willing on waiting if I got a reponse but all my requests are being ignore. Screen shot avail for proof, here: proof
Old 10-24-05, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Calmuser
Yes, on 9/28, when I first contacted you guys. I got a reponse in a reasonble time. Then after I got that one reponse, I NEVER got another one! where do you see me writin

The reason you did not get a response is because you wrote consecutive messages and our system considers your case is later in the queue since the last message was on 10/20. If you stopped posting after writing the message on 10/12, then you should have gotten a response way earlier.

I admit this is a drawback of our system. We will try to improve it.

Your order has a single item in it the "Damo" series. It was shipped to Canada as instructed. Please query your Customs. If not arriving by month end, I will fully refund.
Old 10-24-05, 11:42 PM

Hmm, what a crazy system then. You should of responded like this in first place instead lying saying, I was in conversation with a rep, when I was not. If you actually responsed to my messages, none of this would of happened. I am really disappointed in this transaction, and with your store.

Now if you shipped it like you claim, please provide me with a tracking # if you can. So I can try to contact CDN customs to find out if they have it or not. As it should of been here a long time ago.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.