Alias "The Shed" 10-13-05

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-13-05, 06:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spoiler:
Sydney is forced to partner on a mission with new APO agent Thomas Grace. They discover that Rachel Gibson -- a spy suspected of being involved in activities against the U.S. -- has something shockingly in common with Sydney. Meanwhile, Dixon must accompany Sloane, who's given a 48-hour pass from prison to acquire a possible cure for his daughter.
Old 10-13-05, 07:02 PM

Location: Sacremende (by way of the worst place on Earth: cincinnati, ky)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's Fred~!!!!!
Old 10-13-05, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by wetsprockets
It's Fred~!!!!!
Noooo, Its Illyria.
Old 10-13-05, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by wetsprockets
It's Fred~!!!!!
I had given up on this show, but when I saw this post, I decided to check it out, if only to see Amy Acker again. I actually...kind of enjoyed it. The stuff at the end was pretty tense & exciting. Aside from Evil Fred, I like this new blonde, and if they're really going to reboot the show with a revamped cast, I may stick with it. I've gotten so sick of all the Bristow family drama (even Jack & Irina), Vaughn, Sloane, Rambaldi, that a new start with all-new characters would be welcome (though Marshall can stay). There's been so much ridiculousness on this series that I'd love to forget about (like how the files Syd was reading at the end of the S3 finale completely changed into something else entirely at the beginning of the S4 premiere), but I still like the idea of a TV show about a hot globe-trotting spy chick. I'm hoping they can sell me on Rachel Nichols as this character.
Old 10-13-05, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
I was going to say that I didn't think this was that bad of an episode...until I saw that Red Sox hat.

Yes Jen, we get that you're fucking Affleck.
Old 10-13-05, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rogue588
I was going to say that I didn't think this was that bad of an episode...until I saw that Red Sox hat.

Yes Jen, we get that you're fucking Affleck.

I think she was the exec producer for this episode. Ill stick with this. I thought it was better than last week.
Old 10-13-05, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Figures you'd say that...
Old 10-13-05, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm shocked. They actually had me hooked and interested tonight. I'm just bummed the new girl blew her cover so soon. I saw a lot of undercover double agent stuff in the future and they blew it all away, literally.
Old 10-13-05, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts
I liked this episode a lot too. It had a great season 1 vibe and I like that Balthazar Getty's character just leds Sydney's bitchy comments roll off his back. The only thing I didn't like was that the new girl had her cover blown. I was hoping they'd shift the blame somehow to the brunette.
Old 10-13-05, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The Sloane subplot seemed to just fill up time.

I guess we can take Rachel Gibson's "history" at face value, a redux of Sydney's intro to SD-6. Rachel has to be pretty tall because she dwarfed Amy Acker, who's around 5'8". It was nice to see Amy Acker again, they gave her a pretty ruthless operative role too.

This whole master-padawan learner direction, it could be good, it could go bad. But I'll stick with it, plus Rachel is pretty easy on the eyes.

Sydney looks like she's at least 6 months pregnant in this episode.
Old 10-14-05, 12:10 AM
Suspended

Amy Acker
Old 10-14-05, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

So far this season isnt too bad, I am enjoying it
Old 10-14-05, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hmm, I'm gonna have to go against the grain. This episode had a major "been there, done that" mixed with the last couple seasons of X-Files (where they were replacing the cast) feeling to it. I was pretty bored with it. I'm always gonna look back on Alias and think "man, what a waste. That was once a great show..."
Old 10-14-05, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think I was reading a magazine through most of it, but the end was pretty exciting.
Old 10-14-05, 06:38 AM

Does anyone know if Drew Goddard is still working on this show?
Old 10-14-05, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

A side comment from the show I wanted to bring up: Sydney said it had been "13 years" since she had been approached. Does that even remotely seem right? I know we've had some time advances in the show (the 2 year gap, for example), but 13 years?
Old 10-14-05, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, this is season 5, Sydney was recruited probably as a freshman in college, and in season 1, she was already working on the tail end of her masters degree, so that's about 6 years, and she disappeared for 2 years, so it's about 12-13 years since her SD-6 recruitment.
Old 10-14-05, 02:25 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts
I liked it a lot as well

Great to see Amy play such a badass.

I was skeptical of all the new additions but I haven't had a problem with any of them yet.
Old 10-14-05, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by chrisih8u

I think she was the exec producer for this episode. Ill stick with this. I thought it was better than last week.

She was listed as Producer. I counted about 16 people who were either Producer, Supporting Producer, Excecutive Producer, Co-Producer as listed in the credits. I guess Garner threw some money at this episode to say "I'm a Red Sox fan too". lame.
Old 10-14-05, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by guywall
She was listed as Producer. I counted about 16 people who were either Producer, Supporting Producer, Excecutive Producer, Co-Producer as listed in the credits. I guess Garner threw some money at this episode to say "I'm a Red Sox fan too". lame.
I noticed that she is a producer for the season (and in december the show is going on brief hiatis for Garners maturnity leave and
Spoiler:
there are rumors that Michael Vartan may return for 3 episodes sometime this season, so Vaughn aint really dead

source the new tv guide.
Old 10-14-05, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by guywall
I guess Garner threw some money at this episode to say "I'm a Red Sox fan too". lame.
Yeah, her hubby even talked John Woo into letting him mention the Sox in that cinematic classic "Payback". Then again, I gotta say...I hate it when people wear Yanks hats that aren't fans [ie most rap artists, wanna-be "trendy" people]. Perhaps Sox fans aren't too happy about this?
Old 10-14-05, 10:56 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, her hubby even talked John Woo into letting him mention the Sox in that cinematic classic "Payback". Then again, I gotta say...I hate it when people wear Yanks hats that aren't fans [ie most rap artists, wanna-be "trendy" people]. Perhaps Sox fans aren't too happy about this?
I dunno about Sox fans, but as a Brewers fan, I HATE all the people that jump on the bandwagon and wear Brewers hats!
Old 10-15-05, 12:55 AM

Close, you have your 'classic' Affleck movies mixed with your 'classic' Mel Gibson movies. Affleck was in "Paycheck", Gibson was in "Payback"

I just watched this and I have to say I liked it a lot more than I liked this week's Smallville, so I know which one I'll be watching live for a while and which will probably sit on the DVR unwatched for a while.
Old 10-15-05, 03:39 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

D'oh! I knew someone was getting paid. Sorry Mel.

And i'd only slightly agree with you regarding Smallville. But that was Lana's fault. Can't stand her. Anyways, i'd rather watch Alias in HD and Replay Smallville..
Old 10-15-05, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,095 Likes on 792 Posts
Rachel has to be pretty tall because she dwarfed Amy Acker, who's around 5'8".
Rachel Nichols is 5' 10"

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.