Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

indonesian dvds

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-05, 06:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
indonesian dvds

I am looking for a place to purchase indonesian films and foreign films that are dubbed in Indonesian. Is there anyone on this board that can help me out?
Old 09-16-05, 07:58 PM

Hi ... there, I'm Indonesian. I usually buy Indonesia movies in vcd format (not dvd) through www. indonesianmusic.com. check it out. The only movie out in dvd format so far in US I believe is 'ARISAN' you could buy it through amazon.com. I got a dvd movie called 'CA-BAU-KAN' from my friend that visit me couple months ago. If you want it, I could make a copy for you.
Old 09-16-05, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
We had a thread about this a while back. Disctara (www.disctara.com IIRC -- but horrible shipping prices) is a decent retail store for VCDs and now quite a few dvds -- if you want to ask your friend to get you some -- all less than $10. I have several Korean dvds (Musa, 2009: Lost Memories) as well as Hero on legit dvds with decent subs. I also have 3 current Indonesian dvds with English subs. The aforementioned Cabaukan (haven't had a chance to watch it yet) as well as Ada Apa dengan Cinta and The Stringless Violin (Biola something...). Unfortunately I don't think there are too many out yet -- you can do a search on disctara's homepage to get a small rundown though.

Foreign films dubbed? Not so sure. Most movies on tv that aren't US or UK originals are dubbed into Indonesian as well as most international soap operas. I'm pretty sure that most of the Chinese soap operas/serials (Judge Bao, etc) are all dubbed, but I generally don't check out the VCD section unless I get bored. I can check my Korean movies again and get back to you on that score. I know they have indo subs but probably not dubs.
Old 09-17-05, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

There aren't many Indonesian DVD out there, and the one I've seen have inferior quality in term of transfer. I suggest www.disctarra.com as Tuan Jim said, since they carry more Indonesian DVDs than any other online store.