Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Bret Hart DVD match list!

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Bret Hart DVD match list!

Old 08-26-05, 01:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I couldn't find that list on the website so I asked my friend who writes a weekly column on the Observer website and he said that list was in the weekly observer(I don't subscribe) and that it is just a list Dave Meltzer is suggesting to be on the dvd.
Old 08-26-05, 02:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

From WWE.com on Tuesday 8/23...

Bret Hart was back at WWE headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut, Tuesday.

In a second-floor office, Hart sat quietly in front of a small television monitor, taking notes on a yellow legal pad while sifting through tons of old WWE footage for the soon-to-be released DVD chronicling Hart’s career.

“So far it’s going really well,” Hart said. “I have a good team of guys working with me getting all the best clips together. The next two days will be real tight as we try and get everything right.”

Hart also appreciates the buzz his name still generates. His meeting with Vince McMahon earlier this month triggered an incredible reaction from wrestling fans.

“I appreciate that nobody has forgotten me,” Hart said. “The whole reason for the DVD is so they don’t forget and have something to remember me by.”

Hart also made it clear that the DVD will not only serve as a testament to his legendary career, but indirectly pay homage to many of the late WWE Superstars he was able to work with during his time at the company.

“I hope this DVD will do justice to some of great guys I worked with and had matches with,” Hart said. “I have lot of great memories with a lot of different people, some of which aren’t around anymore. This is my way of (remembering) the guys that died and show that they’re still a part of my story.”
Old 08-26-05, 09:43 AM

The Bret Hart Screwjob match is on the WWE Confidential DVD already... http://www.dvdempire.com/exec/v4_ite...item_id=462602
Old 08-26-05, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Giant
The Bret Hart Screwjob match is on the WWE Confidential DVD already... http://www.dvdempire.com/exec/v4_ite...item_id=462602
Remind me is it in the HBK DVD as well?

Good thing they didn't include the 60 minute iron man match as that's on the HBK DVD.
Old 08-26-05, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't wait to get this. Hopefully it will be the best dvd there is, the best dvd there ever was, and the best dvd there ever will be. Did Wrestling With Shadows ever come out on dvd? If you are looking for material covering the whole screwjob you'd be hard pressed to find a better resource. Seeing Vince come limping out of the dressing room still cracks me up.

Now if they can just give me a 3 disc Kurt Angle set.
Old 08-26-05, 11:39 AM

This is NOT confirmed. Obviously you didn't read the whole report. It says these are some of the matches and clips being CONSIDERED for the DVD.
Old 08-26-05, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 207 Likes on 159 Posts
Hopefully they do include the Demolition match then. Unlike some of the matches this one hasn't been on a dvd and probobly won't ever be on a dvd unless they include Demolition in a volume of stars of the 80's.
Old 08-26-05, 12:01 PM

Personally, I would like to see more of his Survivor Series matches against Austin, Diesel and Backlund. I think they sould also put in the Final 4 match when Brett won the title.

Hell, put in every match when Brett won any majior belt!!!!
Old 08-26-05, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Wow... The popularity of wrestling never ceases to amaze me.

I don't find it bad, and I actually enjoy watching it from time to time, it just doesn't hold my attention the way it does to other people.

If only other activities/sports/entertainment was so thoroughly recorded and released on DVD.
Old 08-26-05, 12:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can't wait for this disc. I really hope they do some commentaries for some of the matches.

Would be awesome.

Imagine a Bret AND Vince commentary? AND during the HBK match at SS in Montreal? I'd buy THAT for a dollar...well....IF the match was on the DVD.

I seriously doubt they won't act like it never happened. They will talk about it at least.

Last edited by Masamune; 08-26-05 at 12:46 PM.
Old 08-26-05, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Class316
Remind me is it in the HBK DVD as well?

Good thing they didn't include the 60 minute iron man match as that's on the HBK DVD.
Just checked the backs of the two Shawn Michaels DVD's Boyhood Dreams and From the Vault, that match isn't on either of them so the only way right now is to get the WWE Confidential DVD, which is the only reason I bought it.
Old 08-26-05, 01:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DVD Giant
Just checked the backs of the two Shawn Michaels DVD's Boyhood Dreams and From the Vault, that match isn't on either of them so the only way right now is to get the WWE Confidential DVD, which is the only reason I bought it.
You either read it too fast or didn't read carefully, the 60 minute Iron Man Match against Bret is on the Shawn Michaels: From the Vault DVD, look at the picture:

Old 08-26-05, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think he meant the Screwjob match is only on the Confidential disc not the Shawn Michaels sets.
Old 08-26-05, 02:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
I think he meant the Screwjob match is only on the Confidential disc not the Shawn Michaels sets.
Ohh, thanks for clearing it up
Old 08-26-05, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by The Bus
Wow... The popularity of wrestling never ceases to amaze me.

I don't find it bad, and I actually enjoy watching it from time to time, it just doesn't hold my attention the way it does to other people.

If only other activities/sports/entertainment was so thoroughly recorded and released on DVD.
I'm glad that pro wrestling gets discussed at all on DVDTalk. Surely it doesn't take too much bandwidth away from the film discussion.

My comment about this set is: I'm dying to see the night where Bret and Owen had a heart to heart and the Hart Foundation reformed on March of 1997. The look on Owen's face after hearing all that Bret had to say, then his jaw falling as the emotion took over and he openly cried...I can't think of a more dramatic moment in RAW history. I was a huge fan of Owen's alter ego--the Blue Blazer--before he debuted on TV and I loved his facial expressions and vocal outbursts during his matches. I'll never forget that night when Bret reconciled with his brother Owen and brought him together with the British Bulldog. Let's hope it makes the cut.

Last edited by Joshua B; 08-26-05 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-26-05, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I can't think of a more dramatic moment in RAW history
How about the night after Owen was killed? HHH crying and saying "You were never a nugget" was pretty emotional.
Old 08-26-05, 03:56 PM

I too would go with "You were never a nugget" or Jeff Jarrett bawling on the Owen Hart tribute Raw as most emotional.
Old 08-27-05, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What about the Match he had with Mr. Perfect at King of the Ring '93? It's actually better than the one at Summerslam '91.

Last edited by Yeti4623; 08-27-05 at 12:13 AM.
Old 08-27-05, 02:47 AM

I was in attendance at RAW for the Bret Hart apology to Owen...the crowd was booing the piss out of it, but I loved it.
Old 09-03-05, 02:09 PM

Where the heck is Summerslam match vs Demolition or the match vs. Piper @ WM 8 for IC title?

Also where the heck is the survivor series match vs shawn at '92?

how bout instead of that bam bam match, they shoulda put king of the ring '93 match vs bam bam when he won it...some dumb moves but still good
Old 09-10-05, 10:40 PM

I''d like to see all the matches everyone posted, as well as what is on the supposed list.

I agree it's a waste to have the IronMan match, I'd rather see more footage of him beating up Shawn, since it's a Bret dvd, like their Survivor Series match for the IC title.

I think I've seen all the matches listed EXCEPT for that Steamboat match, which I'd buy the set for that match alone.

They should really work on individual titles for Angle, Jericho, and Owen, as well. (I'd get those first before buying those upcoming Ultimate Warrior and Jake the Snake dvds.)

This has to be 3 discs at least, just like the Flair set. Hell, make it 4 or 5 this is going to sell like crazy as soon as the first commercial airs.

Last edited by uhftv; 09-10-05 at 10:43 PM.