Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Foo Fighters [w/ Weezer] Tour

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 06-14-05, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 210 Likes on 183 Posts

Foo Fighters, Weezer Eyeing Fall Tour

Modern rock heavyweights Foo Fighters and Weezer are in talks to team for a fall tour, Foos leader Dave Grohl said this morning (June 14) on "The Howard Stern Show." The trek is expected to get underway in September, although sources say details may not be finalized until next week.

The Foos' new double album, "In Your Honor," hits stores today. The group's only two scheduled North American shows will come Thursday (June 16) in Toronto and Saturday at Walker Air Force Base in Roswell, N.M., where it will entertain an invite-only crowd of winners of a contest sponsored by online music service Rhapsody.

"I can't wait until I'm stuck on a bus, watching 'Office Space' for the millionth time and eating a pizza in Utah," Grohl recently told Billboard about his excitement to return to the road. "That's my perfect day."

Beginning July 1 in St. Gallen, Switzerland, the band will hit the European festival circuit. It will also play July 29 at Japan's Fuji Rock Festival.

Weezer is in the midst of its own European tour that plays London tonight. The group will begin a summer run July 2 in Las Vegas, as part of the city's 100th birthday celebration. The group's new Geffen album, "Make Believe," is No. 17 in its fourth week on The Billboard 200.

[BILLBOARD.com]
Old 06-15-05, 01:51 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good lord that would be awesome
Old 06-15-05, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm not a fan of Weezer so I would rather the Foos tour by themselves.
Old 06-15-05, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Dubya
I'm not a fan of Weezer so I would rather the Foos tour by themselves.
Well speak for yourself but this may be the first time I actually show up to see the opening band.
Old 06-15-05, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
How many threads do we need about the foo fighters?
Old 06-15-05, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

As many threads as possible!!! My two favourite bands teaming up? I would probably be crazy enough to drive across country (well, two countries I guess) to catch this a few times...awesome.

MATT
Old 06-15-05, 11:39 AM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That would be a fantastic tour!
Old 06-15-05, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts
Co-headlining bills suck. Neither band usually gets an entire set as they would if they went out alone.
Old 06-15-05, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Seen them both already, and I am so psyched for this tour. I'm sure they will have a pretty decent "opener" as they are both "co-headliners".
Old 06-15-05, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I already knew this was probebly going to happen, but Im not crazy about it. If Weezer just opened that would be fine, but Id rather not see them in a full set when Im really there to see the Foos. I like Weezer but the last few albums have just not been super in any way. Id rather just see em with a smaller opening band. OR if they were going to do a co-headlining tour, do it with QOTSA. At least thats what I would hope for.
I mean come on, Weezers 'hit' right now is about being a Hollywood star. I mean its not a horrid song but sadly there isnt much more on the album to even talk about either.
Oh well, dont want it to happen, but if it does I will of course still go.

AND
There is NEVER to many threads about Foo Fighters!!!
Old 06-15-05, 12:12 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by cdollaz
Co-headlining bills suck. Neither band usually gets an entire set as they would if they went out alone.
Yeah, that is the one drawback.
Old 06-15-05, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Even if I liked Weezer, I would agree with that statement.
Old 06-15-05, 01:08 PM

I've heard the tour is also going to be two dates in each city. First one is disc 1 for the foo in a big plugged in arena type show, then the second day in the city is disc 2 with a smaller more intimate acoustic show. I'd have to see both.
Old 06-15-05, 01:27 PM

BUT... both bands barely play entire sets when they HEADLINE. I saw the Foo a few years ago. Played just a bit over an hour. Weezer does roughly the same thing. If they both got hour sets (a typical of a co-headlining) show, it would be just like their usual headlining sets.
Old 06-15-05, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by blinkin_winkin
BUT... both bands barely play entire sets when they HEADLINE. I saw the Foo a few years ago. Played just a bit over an hour. Weezer does roughly the same thing. If they both got hour sets (a typical of a co-headlining) show, it would be just like their usual headlining sets.
If that's the case, then screw 'em both. If they can't put out at least an hour and a half as a headliner, then they suck anyway and do not need my patronage at their shows.
Old 06-15-05, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Any truth to the rumor that the Foo Fighters will merge with the Goo Goo Dolls and rename themselves the Goo Goo Fighters?
Old 06-16-05, 10:29 AM

Seen em' both and IMO Weezer has a lot of work cut out for them if they want to even come CLOSE to the caliber of the live performance when it comes to the FOOS.
Old 07-18-05, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

update:

Foo Fighters, Weezer Tour To Bow In September

Details of the co-headlining Foo Fighters/Weezer tour Foos leader Dave Grohl hinted at in June are beginning to come together. The North American arena tour, with support from Kaiser Chiefs, will open Sept. 8 in Atlanta and run through late October.

A handful of other early shows have been nailed down: Sept. 10 in Sunrise, Fla.; Sept. 11 in Tampa, Fla.; Sept. 13 in Houston; Sept. 14 in Austin, Texas; and Sept. 15 in Dallas.

The trek will then proceed to San Diego and Fresno, Calif.; Phoenix; Denver; Minneapolis; Chicago; Champaign, Ill.; Detroit and Grand Rapids, Mich.; Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio; Baltimore; Worcester, Mass; New York; Philadelphia; Seattle; and Portland, Ore.

The Foos are in the midst of a slate of international shows that continues July 29 at Japan's Fuji Rock Festival, with Canadian and European dates to follow, including appearances at England's Reading (Aug. 27) and Leeds (Aug. 28) festivals. The band's double album "In Your Honor" (Roswell/RCA) debuted last month at No. 2 on The Billboard 200, where it is No. 9 in its fourth week on the chart. The set has sold nearly 580,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Weezer's U.S. tour stops in Orlando, Fla., tomorrow (July 19) and wraps July 23 at the Lollapalooza festival in Chicago. Japanese and European dates will then keep the band busy through August supporting the Geffen album "Make Believe." The set, which debuted at No. 2 on The Billboard 200, has sold 526,000.

[BILLBOARD.com]
Old 07-19-05, 12:03 AM
Banned

Now if Weezer performs first I can get out of there early
Old 07-19-05, 12:19 AM

Yeah I mean as soon as they play there latest inferior 'hit' single Beverly Hills, you can go home. Thats good, make room for the people there for real music. HAHA

Im guessing it wont be TO bad, IF they just stick to basically all their hits, I hope they arent planning to be playing alot from Make Believe, Weezer is starting to make me think they have lost it in the song writing area. I mean Beverly Hills? The song is stupid and a total waste of time, not to mention it sounds like I Love Rock n Roll. Sadly I cant say much about the rest of the album, BUT if they just do there strong songs, and alot from Blue and Pinkerton Ill be happy. I dig Kaiser Chiefs are gonna be playin some.

All in all just cant wait to see Foos again. Id probebly put up with Journey or some dumbass rap group to see em again.
Old 07-19-05, 07:35 AM

Weezer just did some co-headlining dates with the Pixies. Both bands played full sets.
Old 07-19-05, 09:19 PM

I wish Dave would tone it down with the "Oh yeah"'s and "Here we go"'s when singing live. That coupled with the fact that they'll be playing a lot of the new album will keep me on the sidelines for this one.
Old 07-20-05, 12:24 AM

Kaiser Chiefs are opening the first leg of dates
Old 07-22-05, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The first confirmed dates are:

Sept 08 - Atlanta, GA - Gwinnett Arena
Sept 10 - Sunrise, FL - Office Depot Center
Sept 11 - Tampa, FL - St. Petersburg Times Forum
Sept 13 - Houston, TX - Woodlands Arena
Sept 14 - Austin, TX - Frank Erwin Center
Sept 15 - Dallas, TX - Smirnoff Center

[FOOFIGHTERS.com]
Old 07-26-05, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Any word on presale yet? Looks like most of the shows go on sale this saturday.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.