Reload this Page >

BestBuy DS Video Game Deal Question...

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 06-07-05, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wasn't sure if this should go in the store forum, or video game forum, so I'll post here because I think the video game aspect trumps the other aspects of the topic.

In this week's ad if you buy 2 DS software titles you save $10 by getting a Gift Card. My question is, can this be stacked with two Gamer Gift Card coupons or does the $10 Gift Card deal not show up if you use the coupons?

I'd like to get Ridge Racer DS and Pac Pix DS each $29.99. With the $10 Giftcard they'd take off $5.00 from each game and charge me $10 for the giftcard (Net Cost: $30.00). With the coupons too they'd take off $10 for each game, ($5.00 for the coupon and $5.00 for the gift card deal) and charge $10 for the gift card (Net Cost: $20.00)

I figure you can't combine the two, but I was wondering if anyone had tried.
Old 06-08-05, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
typically they give you the gift card to use at a later date....they usually will not let you use it on the current purchase.....however, if they did you could certainly use the gamers coupon also...the gift card is no different than cash to them....
Old 06-08-05, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,922 Likes on 1,487 Posts
Gamers coupon explicitly says "not combinable with other offers" which a giftcard deal clearly is. Still, as always, YMMV, depending on who you get at the checkout line.
Old 06-08-05, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SoonerDoc
typically they give you the gift card to use at a later date....they usually will not let you use it on the current purchase.....however, if they did you could certainly use the gamers coupon also...the gift card is no different than cash to them....
Correct, you cannot use the giftcard on that current purchase. I just want to know if I can double dip on the deals by getting the gift card AND using the coupons. Whenever they have these giftcard deals if I have more merchandise to buy, I buy the stuff that will give me the giftcard first, then go back in the store pick up the rest of the stuff and use the giftcard that same trip.
Old 06-08-05, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig
Gamers coupon explicitly says "not combinable with other offers" which a giftcard deal clearly is. Still, as always, YMMV, depending on who you get at the checkout line.
Yeah, I went back and re-read the fine print again and saw that as well after I posted the original post. I just want to know if someone has tried it and if the computer just does both without a hitch.
Old 06-09-05, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,922 Likes on 1,487 Posts
Originally Posted by dvd-fanman
Wasn't sure if this should go in the store forum, or video game forum, so I'll post here because I think the video game aspect trumps the other aspects of the topic.

In this week's ad if you buy 2 DS software titles you save $10 by getting a Gift Card. My question is, can this be stacked with two Gamer Gift Card coupons or does the $10 Gift Card deal not show up if you use the coupons?

I'd like to get Ridge Racer DS and Pac Pix DS each $29.99. With the $10 Giftcard they'd take off $5.00 from each game and charge me $10 for the giftcard (Net Cost: $30.00). With the coupons too they'd take off $10 for each game, ($5.00 for the coupon and $5.00 for the gift card deal) and charge $10 for the gift card (Net Cost: $20.00)

I figure you can't combine the two, but I was wondering if anyone had tried.

By the way, there's another post on this, but if you buy it online, you get free shipping and 10 bucks off (so you don't have to deal with the gift card). You cannot use the gift cards at all, but you might not be able to do so in stores either... just a head's up.
Old 06-09-05, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig
By the way, there's another post on this, but if you buy it online, you get free shipping and 10 bucks off (so you don't have to deal with the gift card). You cannot use the gift cards at all, but you might not be able to do so in stores either... just a head's up.
I just went and ordered the two I wanted for in-store pickup with the $10 off deal from online. Good thing I did because now they both show out of stock at the store from the online pick-up verification screen. I know that's not always correct, but it makes me feel better knowing that I'll probably get what I wanted.

Thanks for everyone's help.