Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Full Spectrum Warrior....why didn't they....

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 03-31-05, 10:07 AM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know this game has been out a while and is old news....but I just finished the Xbox version last night. Cool game, enjoyed it quite a bit. I went on the Internet afterward to a FSW message board on IGN. I know everyone probably knows this but me....I found out about the hidden "Army Mode" -- which is supposed to be the 100% authentic version of FSW that the US Army uses. Well I put the password in just to check it out ---- WOW...why didn't they make the home version of the game as good as the authentic one is??? I mean....the graphics are better, the environments are larger and alot more detailed, there is alot more freedom, there are lots of civilians, the AI is a whole lot better -- when i played it...it felt as if I was playing the sequel to the home version of FSW. Just my observation...what do you all think??

wlj
Old 03-31-05, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess I need to try the code. I finished the game and I'm currently playing it again in co-op mode. I didn't realize that the army mode was 'complete'. I thought it was just an 'in-progress' version of the army sim.
Old 03-31-05, 12:40 PM
wlj

Are they working on a sequel to Full Spectrum Warrior??? I guess I am one of the few that really dug this game. Sure it has its shortcomings and "unrealistic" parts to it, but I had a blast playing through the game. I would love to see a sequel.

wlj
Old 03-31-05, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wlj
Are they working on a sequel to Full Spectrum Warrior??? I guess I am one of the few that really dug this game. Sure it has its shortcomings and "unrealistic" parts to it, but I had a blast playing through the game. I would love to see a sequel.

wlj
You should get Brothers in Arms then. It has some of the same strategic elements and controls that FSW has. But you get to control your character as well.
Old 03-31-05, 01:13 PM
wlj

Originally Posted by Mopower
You should get Brothers in Arms then. It has some of the same strategic elements and controls that FSW has. But you get to control your character as well.

Thanks for the reply....I beat you to the punch...I got Brothers in Arms last week and have already beat it....I am going through it right now on the hard mode.

Anyone heard anything about this Marine Corp simulator called "First to Fight" that is coming out next month?? It is supposed to be FPS...but I would think it would have tactics similar to BIA and FSW.

wlj
Old 03-31-05, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First to Fight looks incredible, the only downside is how much it's gotten pushed back. It was supposed to come out in September of last year, but has been delayed quite a few times. The movies and screens on IGN look great, just wondering if it will make it out sometime this millenium.
Old 03-31-05, 06:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What's the FSW code?
Old 04-01-05, 07:20 AM
wlj

official army training version --- enter in cheat codes menu

ha2p1py9tur5tle

wlj