TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Joan of Arcadia 2/18/05

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-05, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Joan of Arcadia 2/18/05

Wasn't too crazy about this episode:

Joan defies her mother because she wants to spend a night away from home to attend an out of town concert with Adam. Joan sneaks away by saying she's hanging with Grace (why would Helen buy that?), and finds that she isn't ready to go all the way with Adam, for one thing, she didn't want her first time to be in the back of Adam's caravan/truck. Adam's disappointed (probably just one of many things that he has to contend with with Joan and her wacky ways, and spurious decisions).

Friedman has Haley Duff hot for him, and he keeps pushing her away, and Luke wants to know why. Friedman gives a lame excuse about her not being his type, but Luke rigs up a situation and gives Haley an opening and she squashes Friedman's objection to stoke the fire of the unlikely pairing of him and Haley's character.

Kevin and Andy's storyline is finally picked up again, and Andy has been living at the YMCA all this time, and didn't accept the offer to live with the Giraldi's. Kevin finds out that Andy can't drive ever since the accident, and that limits his employment options. Andy decides to leave, and walks to the Giraldi's house, where Joan is in turmoil over her night with Adam, and how lying to her mother closes off an avenue for her to talk with Helen. Joan tells Andy that Kevin was at the high school doing a "why you shouldn't drink and drive" talk. Joan discovers that it's her decisions that brought about her happenstance, and decides to open up to Helen (though Helen does ground her for her insubordination). Joan also convinces Andy to go to Kevin, and there at the high school, Andy gives his side of the story of the night that robbed Kevin of the use of his legs because of his drinking and driving. Andy can't believe Kevin forgave him for his transgressions.
Old 02-21-05, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought Adams need to get laid was completely out of character...I just dont recall him thinking with his penis any at all over the entire series so far.
Old 02-22-05, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ENDContra
I thought Adams need to get laid was completely out of character...I just dont recall him thinking with his penis any at all over the entire series so far.
I think they have been setting this up.
Believe last weeks epsiode? that
Adam had hired a cute girl to help
him with his art work. And that he
admitted to Jane that he hoped she
would be jealous. Anyways....
They have been creating some
tension between the 2 of them
this season.

Really wish the Father was a not a cop.
There is enough cop crap out there.
And its really a downer for me of late.

Amber is correct though. The writing
is very subpar/uneven this season.
Did not really notice it until I rewatched
a few last season eps.
Old 02-22-05, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Most of Will's cop segments bore me silly.