Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Wonder Woman (2017, D: Patty Jenkins) S: Gadot, Pine

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 12-14-04, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BUFFY's Whedon Pursued For Fox’s X-MEN 3 After All?? But Negotiating To Do WB’s WONDER WOMAN Instead?? HowButWhat????

I am – Hercules!!

“Buffy the Vampire Slayer” mastermind Joss Whedon may write and direct a big-screen “Wonder Woman”? While Fox is still secretly pursuing Whedon for “X-Men 3”??

I tell you it’s crazy enough to be true!

This could be a hoax, but I find it at least a little hard to believe anyone would go to the trouble of making up something this unbelievable!! Moreover, this source seems to have the knowing of much, and is aware that, back in October, Whedon told the world that Fox never approached him about directing a third X-Men feature.

Of course, October was a long time ago. Simon Kinberg (he’s the fellow who did those uncredited rewrites for “Catwoman” and “Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle”) has probably had time to turn in his draft of the “X-Men 3” script.

So file this under “rumor.” But if it turns out to be true, remember you heard the Whole Whedon Wonder Woman What here first …

Dear Moriarty, Harry and Herc:

I've sent in the odd movie review to Harry before, but never something like this. This is so good, so COOL - and so confirmed by multiple sources (hey, people hang out with work friends), that I wanted to give Ain't It Cool the world exclusive on this.

Joss Whedon is in final negotiations with Joel Silver and Warner Bros. to write and direct WONDER WOMAN for Summer 2006. Joss Whedon. Joel Silver. WONDER WOMAN. 2006. That's right, baby!!! Ain't it cool?

The only possible thing standing in this picture's way is X-MEN 3. I know what's been said, but Fox is still coming after him hard to direct that, and that's a tough thing for a guy like Joss to pass up. But he probably will. For WONDER WOMAN.

Call Joel Silver and ask him about it. I'm serious, this is very real. Negotiations are ongoing, but this could break in the trades any day. Guys, I'm giving you the exclusive because I'm such a fan of your site, but in a day or two, I'm going to send the info to other places as well...I'm that psyched about it, and I think that Joss's legions of fans should know how close they are to to gold-braceletted greatness.

So anything else I can do to prove my rightousness, email me back and I'll do it. Do your due diligigence, call Joel Silver, call anyone you want, and get this news out there. Because you guys deserve the exclusive, and the world deserves Joss Whedon's Wonder Woman.

Keep up the great work!

[spy name withheld]
Source
How cool would it be if Joss worked out a deal to write and direct both X-Men 3 and Wonder Woman?

Last edited by Barry Woodward; 12-14-04 at 03:21 PM.
Old 12-14-04, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 645 Likes on 445 Posts
Someone has a bit of a Joss Whedon obsession I see.

I don't know if this topic needed a separate thread, as it's still solidly nothing but a rumor. At least the X3 rumor had some credibility to it, since Joss has been involved with the X-Men movies and comics before, and has a working relationship with Fox. This WW thing is just out of left field though. I'm not buying it.

Last edited by Jay G.; 12-14-04 at 04:18 PM.
Old 12-14-04, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
deja vu?

I swore I read this somewhere...

oh wait. should I have said Joss Whedon's Deja Vu?
Old 12-14-04, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 195 Likes on 151 Posts
From our buddy's at AICN, the ultimate source of all truth in the universe.
Old 12-14-04, 07:20 PM

How about Morena Baccarin as Wonder Woman?

Last edited by Barry Woodward; 12-15-04 at 12:18 AM.
Old 12-14-04, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 195 Likes on 151 Posts
If Whedon writes it, I think he will try to push for Charisma Carpenter.
Old 12-14-04, 08:06 PM

I'm not so sure. There were reports that there was a bit of falling out between Joss and Charisma over her getting dropped as a regular from Angel at the end of season 4. Whether or not it's true I can't say but aside from that she's 34 and not to sound ageist but I'm thinking they'll want to cast a bit younger than that. At 25, Morena is just the right age and considering Whedon recently worked with her on Serenity, it's a good fit.

Last edited by Barry Woodward; 12-14-04 at 08:16 PM.
Old 12-15-04, 11:21 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I still think the BEST for the role would be Rebecca Romjin Stamos with a dye job, though. She's pretty tall, has the athletic build, has comic movie experience, and actually has decent acting chops. Otherwise, I think Evangeline Lilly and Kate Beckinsale would make good Wonder Women.
Old 12-15-04, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
I think Charisma has the right build to play Wonder Woman, whether she gets it or not, that's a different story.

I'm not too sure if Rebecca Romjin has the "look" to be Wonder Woman.
But nobody, no matter who they get, can replace the "original" Wonder Woman: Linda Carter.
Old 12-15-04, 12:16 PM
Banned

Well, when 'Serenity' bombs, and it WILL bomb, of that I have no doubt, he may have trouble finding a job.
Old 12-15-04, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Barry Woodward
I'm not so sure. There were reports that there was a bit of falling out between Joss and Charisma over her getting dropped as a regular from Angel at the end of season 4.
Joss asked Charisma to come back for the 100th episode, and she agreed to it. And what did Joss do? He rewrote You're Welcome so that we learn Cordelia dies without having Cordelia actually on-screen. As I believe it, Charisma didn't find out that Cordelia died until David told her, and she's more or less disliked Joss ever since.

Morena is just the right age and considering Whedon recently worked with her on Serenity, it's a good fit.
Ugh. She is good looking, but she is not material for wonder women. There was a thread a while back and I think the best choice in there was for Monica Bellucci. Had the looks and the muscle to play the role great.
Old 12-15-04, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm still gonna have to go for Bridget Moynahan.

(Not my photoshop job, BTW.)
Old 12-15-04, 02:41 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I hated the way Joss handled the end of buffy, firefly sucked. Angel, he took cordelia from being one of the most fun parts of buffy to destroying her character on angel. whedon is overrated big time. charisma carpenter should be pissed off. but i don't think she is right for wonder woman, too much comedy element to her acting.
Old 12-15-04, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
There was a thread a while back and I think the best choice in there was for Monica Bellucci. Had the looks and the muscle to play the role great.
And the Amazonian height too. She's 5'10".
Old 12-15-04, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

they'll prolly just get Jennifer Garner
Old 12-15-04, 05:05 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bigsoos
they'll prolly just get Jennifer Garner
Or Halle Berry.
Old 12-15-04, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I will fire bomb a studio if they pick Berry. Not because I'm racist... just cause I hate hate hate hate HATE Berry.
Old 12-15-04, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
I will fire bomb a studio if they pick Berry. Not because I'm racist... just cause I hate hate hate hate HATE Berry.
Not to mention she's already ruined two comic book heroines already.
Old 12-15-04, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Taylor Cole is young enough to do a franchise of films if the first one proved successful.
Old 12-15-04, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Heavens, this has already turned into the THIRD "who should play wonder woman" thread?
Old 12-16-04, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by darqleo
Not to mention she's already ruined two comic book heroines already.
Well said.
Old 12-16-04, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by DonnachaOne
Heavens, this has already turned into the THIRD "who should play wonder woman" thread?

well what did you expect it to be about? Who should write it?
Old 12-16-04, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 323 Likes on 241 Posts
If Joss Whedon directs, it's obvious who should play Wonder Woman!

Old 12-16-04, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by DonnachaOne
Hey Mr. Smartypants? This is the "Who should play Joss Whedon's Wonder Woman" thread.

Get it right.
Old 12-16-04, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Shannon, I really hope that red X isn't a picture of Gellar..

If so,

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.