Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Buy.com ships canceled order

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Buy.com ships canceled order

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-00, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered Princess Mononoke in July before it was postponed. Subsequently got an email from Buy.com saying that due to the postponement my order had been canceled and that I would not be charged.

Got an email today saying that PM had been shipped! Seeing that I placed an order for this with another site I'm not to pleased. Has this happened to anyone else? How have you dealt with this? I certainly don't think I should have to pay anthing when I return it. Thanks for your input.
Old 12-20-00, 12:08 AM
Mac

I have had buy ship things I cancelled twice. In both cases there was plenty of time for them to cancel the order -- in one case I cancelled the order two months before they shipped it! There's something wrong with their system, or they just ship things and hope people don't return them.
Old 12-20-00, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Buy.com is notorious for shipping cancelled orders or taking forever to cancel one. Call them up, explain the situation. Tell them that you are going to ship it back on their dime, if they refuse, call your credit card company and refute the charges.

------------------
Stand up, turn and face me! Believe what you believe. Don't just stand there suffering, talking about your freedom.
Old 12-20-00, 01:57 PM

Well in the end it all worked out. The other online store were I had ordered it (DVD Box Office) has it on back order so I canceled that order. My original order with Buy.com included T2:UE and a free shipping coupon. However they charged me a shipping fee when they sent me T2:UE. My preorder price for PM was $19.99 and when I straighten everything out with the Buy.com CSR they credited me all shipping charges.

I agree with most of the posts on these threads that Buy.com screws up alot. However, I've used them for alot of DVD and office supplies purchases over the last couple of years and really have no serious complaints. Their prices are usually great and combined with free shipping periods and coupons they're even better. I don't know how they stay in business.

Thank for your input.
Old 12-22-00, 09:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
About 3 months ago I cancelled an order... guess what I just received a shipping notice on That's ok I still want the movie, it was originally cancelled from the distributor and I was cleaning out orders at the time. For some reason this one stuck around On the plus side though, the $10 off coupon should still be attached to the order
Old 12-22-00, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This just happened with me today!! I cancelled a dvd 2 months ago after it was delayed, ordered it instead from Amazon and then today I recieve a shipping confirmation from Buy...Bloody fools!! Yeah well, I got it cheaper from Buy...