Reload this Page >

Question regarding Iron Eagle DVD?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 01-10-05, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Have a question regarding the dvd for Iron Eagle, I just got this from Blockbuster.com trying to use up all that trade-in credit. This movie was one of my childhood favorites and according to their site it had the following aspects on the disk:Enhanced Widescreen Letterbox, Pan and Scan. This coincides with what dvdpricesearch says for this disk, however when I got the movie this weekend it states on the back of the case only Fullscreen.
Is this a misprint on the case or did they come out with now a Fullscreen only version for this? Just want to make sure this is not dual-sided before opening it and not being able to possibly return it for a refund. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-10-05, 09:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just watched this a couple weeks ago. Fun flashback to the 80's!

I don't remember if it is a double side disc or if both versions are on 1 side, but the widescreen version is definitely there and as far as I know, there is only 1 release of this. I can check mine out when I get home though.
Old 01-10-05, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The version I have says on the back of the case Widescreen and Full screen formats along with an box stating that Side A is Wide and Side B is Full. The disc inside is double-sided with the front side ring stating Side A Wide. Side B has not ring lable.

The disc you have could very well be another one of those discs where they've removed the widescreen version, but I don't know that for a fact. It definitely sounds like your back cover is different than mine.