Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Costco December DVD coupons

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 11-23-04, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was handed a sheet of coupons on my visit to Costco Sunday. There are some great deals coming up, all have "no limit" and vary by the week. Asterisk (*) items will also be available at Costco.com. I cannot answer specific info on versions as only some are pictured:

---Nov 29-Dec 5---
*$20 off Alien Quadrology (9 disc)

*$10 off Peanuts Holiday Collection

*$9 off Star Wars Trilogy (4 disc)

$10 off Sony Christmas Classics (3 dvd/Rudolph toy)

*$5 off Gaiam Fitness Assortment

*$5 off Buena Vista: Cold Mountain, Hidalgo, Calendar Girls, Jersey Girl, Confessions/Teenage Drama Queen, Ella Enchanted, Miracle, The Alamo (newer), Bad Santa, Ladykillers, Haunted Mansion, Raising Helen

$4 off Univeral two packs: Seabiscuit/Beautiful Mind, Bruce Almightly/Liar Liar, Johnny English/Bean, American Wedding/Animal House, Fast & Furious/Bring It On, Rundown/Scorpion King, Breakfast Club/16 Candles
$3 off Das Boot Director's Cut, From Here to Eternity (original), Hellcats of the Navy, Sahara

---Dec. 6-12---
*$20 off A&E Mega Sets: Monty Python, Romance, World at War, Avengers, Agatha Christie.

*$13 off Sopranos Seasons 1-4, Six Feet Under 1-2, Babylon Five 1-5.

*$10 off Indiana Jones, Godfather Collections.

*$7 off Hanna Barbara: Flintstones Seasons 1-2, Scooby Doo 1-2, Johnny Quest 1, Jetsons 1, Top Cat complete series.
$5 off Shrek 2 when buying one of: Shrek, Road to El Dorado, Spirit, Sinbad, Chicken Run, Prince of Egypt, Joseph King of Dreams, Antz.

$2.25 off 21 Grams, Blue Crush, Family Man, Kindergarten Cop, Meaning of Life, Notting Hill, Nurse Betty, Sneakers, Spy Game, Traffic, Uncle Buck, Time Machine (probably the newer one).
$4 off O Brother Where Art Thou?, Rounders, Big One, Spy Kids 3-D, Chocolat, Recruit, Remember the Titans, Muppet Christmas Carol, Lizzie McGuire, Santa Clause, Santa Clause 2.

*$5 off DodgeBall.

---Dec. 13-19---
$3 off The Birds, Born on 4th of July, Hulk, Intolerable Cruelty, Lost in Translation, Mask, Psycho, Rear Window, Conan Franchise Pack (?), Fried Green Tomatoes, Weird Science.

*$10 off Sets: Marx Brothers, Horror Classics, Charlie Chaplin, Martin Scorsese, Tarzan, Barbara Streisand, Cary Grant, Film Noir, John Wayne, Katherine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy, Elizabeth Taylor.

$8 off collections: Marx Brothers, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Jimmy Stewart, W.C. Fields

$8 off Harry Potter Gift Set (all three disks)

*$5 off Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo, Aladdin, Mulan, Dumbo, Alice In Wonderland, Lion King, Home on the Range, Brother Bear

$8 off Pink Panther or Rocky collections

$4 two packs: Tears of the Sun/Basic, Once Upon Time Mexico/Desparado SE, Taxi Driver/Easy Rider, Underworld SE/John Carpenter's Vampires, Fifth Element/Gattica, Formula 51/Snatch

*$50 off Star Trek Original Series Complete Collection (3 seasons)

So save up your money, as these are very good deals. The other wonderful weekly Costco thread has current prices of many of these items, so I did not attempt to fill in actual prices.
Old 11-23-04, 10:41 PM

Awesome! (and darn! for all the boxsets I previously bought without the coupon...)
Old 11-23-04, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Re: Costco December DVD coupons

Originally posted by Garyrc
I was handed a sheet of coupons on my visit to Costco Sunday. There are some great deals coming up, all have "no limit" and vary by the week. Asterisk (*) items will also be available at Costco.com. I cannot answer specific info on versions as only some are pictured:

---Dec. 13-19---

*$50 Star Trek Original Series Complete Collection (3 seasons)
I did read your last sentence in the first paragraph, but I HAVE to ask...what does that mean? Is it $50 off? Or will the total cost be $50?
Old 11-23-04, 10:56 PM

I apologize for the typo...the Star Trek set should be "$50 OFF"
Old 11-23-04, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by Garyrc
I apologize for the typo...the Star Trek set should be "$50 OFF"
No, really...not that I don't believe you, but would it be possible to get a scan? That sounds too good to be true...

[my luck can't be that good...]
Old 11-23-04, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Since I already bought the first 2 Star Trek: TOS seasons for about $81 delivered each at Amazon, it only makes sense that Costco will have all 3 seasons for the same $81 each minus a $50 instant coupon plus tax. I would've waited to buy them if I could've predicted the future, but I couldn't know what would happen other than whatever I buy plummets in price and whatever I haven't bought doesn't drop in price. All of my investments work that way too.

It wouldn't have surprised me to hear the coupon was to buy each Star Trek set for $50 when all 3 are bought together, but I guess I'm glad the deal isn't quite so spectacular because that would make me feel even worse. When the 3rd set comes out in December it'll probably be the full $81 -- the same as Amazon. So $50 divided by 3 is about $16 per season I've already lost on the deal -- and I haven't even watched any of them.

Unlike most people I keep track of the lowest price I've seen a DVD after I buy it, and the majority of my DVDs drop in price by about 50% in 1 year's time. I guess I've got to learn my lesson to stop buying anything when it comes out. I should flat out refuse to buy any DVD over $10.

Last edited by Manzana; 11-23-04 at 11:29 PM.
Old 11-23-04, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Ohhhhhhh....I really either need sleep or glasses. For some reason, I thought it was $50 off of each individual season set [I guess the Seinfeld madness has gotten to me...]

Oh well. $66 per set isn't so bad. Not as good as $30 though...
Old 11-23-04, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Manzana
Since I already bought the first 2 Star Trek: TOS seasons for about $81 delivered each at Amazon, it only makes sense that Costco will have all 3 seasons for the same $81 each minus a $50 instant coupon plus tax. I would've waited to buy them if I could've predicted the future, but I couldn't know what would happen other than whatever I buy plummets in price and whatever I haven't bought doesn't drop in price. All of my investments work that way too.

It wouldn't have surprised me to hear the coupon was to buy each Star Trek set for $50 when all 3 are bought together, but I guess I'm glad the deal isn't quite so spectacular because that would make me feel even worse. When the 3rd set comes out in December it'll probably be the full $81 -- the same as Amazon. So $50 divided by 3 is about $16 per season I've already lost on the deal -- and I haven't even watched any of them.

Unlike most people I keep track of the lowest price I've seen a DVD after I buy it, and the majority of my DVDs drop in price by about 50% in 1 year's time. I guess I've got to learn my lesson to stop buying anything when it comes out. I should flat out refuse to buy any DVD over $10.
you, my friend are definitely a glass is half-empty type of guy.

Cheer up, life's too short to agonize over stuff like this.

Last edited by Dabaomb; 11-23-04 at 11:43 PM.
Old 11-24-04, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I think this is like the fourth time I've seen you say this over the last year. Each time you post it, it's because you've screwed yourself again. Are you ever going to actually take your own advice?
Old 11-24-04, 01:14 AM

You know, for a Star Trek fan, you sure are depressed or at least depressing to read about.

Why don't you just return the unopend sets to Amazon and buy the sets again at Costco? You are allowed to do that.
Old 11-24-04, 01:33 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks! I think I'll pick up Mulan SE. IIRC their price is $18.29, so after the discount it's $13.29
Old 11-24-04, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by eau
Thanks! I think I'll pick up Mulan SE. IIRC their price is $18.29, so after the discount it's $13.29
a lil birdie told me that Toys R Us will have it for a similar price to that on the day after Thanksgiving.

But I think it's easier to go shopping at Costco for this one since you don't have to go on Black Friday.
Old 11-24-04, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow. It looks like I'll be doing a lot of quick returns of stuff I bought earlier this year.
Old 11-24-04, 01:58 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Dabaomb
a lil birdie told me that Toys R Us will have it for a similar price to that on the day after Thanksgiving.

But I think it's easier to go shopping at Costco for this one since you don't have to go on Black Friday.
Thanks for the tip. For less than a dollar more or so, I'll just go to Costco to avoid the BF crowd. I remember I was going to TRU late on BF and most of their BF DVDs were gone.
Old 11-24-04, 08:40 AM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Could this finally be a way for me to get Scooby-Doo w/o paying out the butt for it?!?!?! I think Costco's price is about $40 on this making it $33.

If Costco has come down on the Flintstone's set like other retailers (I think most are at $29.99 now for this) than that should mean you can get it for about $23 -- that would be nice as well.

Greg
Old 11-24-04, 09:06 AM

Jeez $19.99 for Film Noir set, whata deal
Old 11-24-04, 09:12 AM

Could somebody give me prices for

Sopranos Seasons 1-4
Hulk
Avengers
Flintstones Seasons 1-2
Star Wars Trilogy

Before the coupon?
Old 11-24-04, 09:29 AM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Shoot, I was at Costco yesterday and they didn't give me any coupon sheets. Unfortunately, it was a madhouse there too. What are all these people doing there at 11:00AM on a Tuesday?

Anyway, do you think the coupons are local (or regional) only? Or will they apply to all the stores? Because that Film Noir set is calling me.
Old 11-24-04, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is going to hurt the wallet.

IIRC the Sopranos are $59.99 each, the 4th season might be $64.99.

TOS though for ~$200 saves me some money on my mom's xmas gift.
Old 11-24-04, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by GCS
Could this finally be a way for me to get Scooby-Doo w/o paying out the butt for it?!?!?!
I just picked it up during the DDD sale for $38 shipped. I don't know of any MSRP reduction. Plus, the WB rebate will take another $5 off.
Old 11-24-04, 05:33 PM

*$7 off Hanna Barbara: Flintstones Seasons 1-2, Scooby Doo 1-2, Johnny Quest 1, Jetsons 1, Top Cat complete series.

How much are these? Anyone? If you buy 2, you also get $10 back from Warner, so it is really $12 off if you buy more than 1.
Old 11-25-04, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by SteveA
Shoot, I was at Costco yesterday and they didn't give me any coupon sheets.
I went today and they were handing out the Thanksgiving weekend ad as people left. I asked the guy at the door about the December DVD ads. He snuck over to the entrance and pulled one out of a box for me. He apparently was told to hold off on the DVD sheet until next week.... So try again after the weekend.
Old 11-25-04, 07:53 AM

What do they mean by "Horror Classics"? If it's $10 off of the Universal Legacy collections, that's HOT! They'd be less than $10 each! Someone please find out...
Old 11-25-04, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally posted by gorgo99
What do they mean by "Horror Classics"? If it's $10 off of the Universal Legacy collections, that's HOT! They'd be less than $10 each! Someone please find out...
I believe the Horror Classics is the Warner Hammer films not
the Universal films. The Hammer films are mostly the Christopher Lee Dracula and Frankenstein films such as Horror of Dracula.
It is a six film set that Costco usually sells for $42 .

I sure someone here can supply all the names of the films in this set.
Old 11-25-04, 10:27 AM

Wow, thanks OP! Takes effort to write up off coupon booklets. This forum is great.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.