TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

E.R. *Season 11 Premiere* - 09/23/04

Old 09-23-04, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
E.R. *Season 11 Premiere* - 09/23/04

"One for the Road"

Spoiler:
Dr. Pratt and his passengers are trapped under water after Pratt, facing gunfire, loses control of their vehicle; Dr. Weaver stops a police officer from performing a body search on a young woman; Dr. Carter and Kem deal with their child's remains.

Cast: Noah Wyle, Laura Innes, Alex Kingston, Goran Visnjic, Maura Tierney, Sherry Stringfield, Ming-Na , Sharif Atkins, Mekhi Phifer, Linda Cardellini, Thandie Newton, Deezer D, Yvette Freeman, Laura Ceron, Troy Evans, Lynn A. Henderson, Demetrius Navarro, Brian Lester, Lily Mariye, Scott Grimes.
Producer(s): John Wells, Michael Crichton, Neal Baer, Jack Orman.

Original Airdate: September 23, 2004.

***Remember to start recording this one at least a minute or two early.
Old 09-23-04, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate how ER starts early.. Wonder why they do that..just ..drop one commercial and then they wouldn't have to start early... Looking forward to the new season though
Old 09-23-04, 10:00 AM

Does anyone else think the comercial completely ruined the cliffhanger and sort of set up a mini new one?
Old 09-23-04, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Let's hope some of the subplots are finally done for the time being (Weaver's child custody battle, Sam giving up the life on the run, Carter letting Kimba go or giving her space).

Looks like Dr. Abby's bedside manner is still strong in her powers of persuasion.

How will Neela be taken into County General for an internship? Will she just float in the ER for a year before getting back on track?

Pratt and Deb will probably be on the IR list.

Morris is still a boob. New guy Shane West didn't have a memorable entrance, though I've heard that producers will try to transition ER to his character once Noah and Goran leave next season.
Old 09-23-04, 10:24 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
So is Neela just going to hang out in the ER now?

Too bad Sam's son didn't really drown.

That was pretty quick resolution to Weaver's story.
Old 09-24-04, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I liked it. And I still like the show. Especially now that the ugly woman's gone.

Shane West was good in Once&Again and I look forward to him doing a good job in the ER.

Dr. Abby =
Old 09-24-04, 03:17 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by Kal-El
Especially now that the ugly woman's gone.
It gets tiring reading the same...oh wait, wrong thread...

But, I agree with you about Abby. Wonder how long she'll have that compassion.

Morris is a boob, but he wasn't as annoying as last season. I agree that was a VERY quick resolution to Weaver's story. For a couple seconds there, the way they edited it, I thought it was one of those "imaginary "what-if" situations while the character is lost in thought" scenes.

I, too, was hoping the Hellspawn Of Sam had drowned.

Oh, and does it make any sense whatsoever to have the season premiere and then have the next new episode in TWO WEEKS?
Old 09-24-04, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Rogue588 Oh, and does it make any sense whatsoever to have the season premiere and then have the next new episode in TWO WEEKS?
Blame that on The Presidental Debates. Without A Trace also done that this week.
Old 09-24-04, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I think it's sick how they have the habit of skipping a week or four before putting on another episode. Damn.
Old 09-24-04, 10:29 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Who's Shane West? Was he the new intern who didn't know where the drug lockup was?

Poor Elgin. First I thought he was gonna die, then I thought he was gonne make it. Then I thought he was gonna die. Then I thought he was gonna make it. Then he died. Why'd they mess with me like that?
Old 09-24-04, 11:17 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by JasonF
Who's Shane West? Was he the new intern who didn't know where the drug lockup was?
Yes
Old 09-24-04, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by MrX
That was pretty quick resolution to Weaver's story.
Apparently the writers realized that the storyline was boring and that the majority of the audience couldn't give a crap. What's really neat is that now we never have to bored by the custody plot again and the writers can pretend like Weaver doesn't have a kid because it will always be at the in-law's house.
Old 09-24-04, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Poor Elgin. First I thought he was gonna die, then I thought he was gonne make it. Then I thought he was gonna die. Then I thought he was gonna make it. Then he died. Why'd they mess with me like that?
Who was Elgin anyway? I must have forgotten him over the summer? It was a pretty messed up way to go.

Nice to see Neela back in the ER but I don't know if I can handle a whole season of "this isn't the life for me"
Old 09-24-04, 12:13 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally posted by tofu
Who was Elgin anyway? I must have forgotten him over the summer? It was a pretty messed up way to go.
If I'm remembering right, Elgin was the really fat kid who was having health problems due to his weight and due to the fact that he was working himself too hard (he was supporting his mom and his siblings). Neela really attached to him, and eventually, she dragged Pratt down to his apartment so they could impress upon Elgin the importance of changing his diet and getting some exercise. He came back into the E.R. during the season finale (more weight/overworking related problems) and they got him straightened out. He was going to take a bus home, but then Pratt offered him a ride.
Old 09-24-04, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

IfHe was going to take a bus home, but then Pratt offered him a ride.
Moreover, he was the one who triggered the other guy's road rage when he flipped the other driver off. I wonder what happened to that guy. Didn't Jing-mei see him being wheeled out of the trauma room as she came in?
Old 09-24-04, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Yep. And she told them he was the one too.

Perhaps a future storyline..? Unless Pratt & Deb heal as quickly as Weaver won her custody battle...
Old 09-24-04, 02:23 PM

Originally posted by Kal-El
I liked it. And I still like the show. Especially now that the ugly woman's gone.
Do you mean the english chick? I thought she was still there.
Old 09-24-04, 02:28 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by saoirse
Do you mean the english chick? I thought she was still there.
He's talking about Thandie Newton, Carter's GF that was leaving
Old 09-24-04, 02:35 PM

Originally posted by MrX
He's talking about Thandie Newton, Carter's GF that was leaving
Oh. I thought she was kinda good-looking. I just didn't like the way she treated him.
Old 09-24-04, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So bets on how long 'til Shane gets together with Abby. Is he the only new cast member this season?
Old 09-24-04, 09:21 PM
Cool New Member

I think Shane's character seems more fitting to Sam's.

Thandie Newton is stunning but I'm glad her character is gone. Her whole relationship with Carter happen off screen and it's not interesting.
I'd much rather see what's up with Carter and Abby again.
Old 09-24-04, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
Thank God the Weaver custody battle is over. Hopefully Sam isn't on the run anymore. Carter can now get back together w/ Abby.

Pretty good ep - I wish they would have shown what happened to the Road Rager.

I'm still pissed Morris is the intern that stayed on the show and not Coop. Whatever happened to him? They never addressed why he left from what I can recall - was it the asthma?

And now that Thandie is leaving, maybe Carter can go back to being a badass in the ER again. That and do his thing w/ the lovely Maura Tierney.

Did you guys know that I like Maura Tierney?
Old 09-24-04, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm actually with you guys on the Carter/Abby angle. The only reason I didn't think of Shane/Sam was because in the preview for the coming eps,
Spoiler:
Luka tells Sam that he's falling in love with her
so I thought maybe they'd pair of Shane with Abby. We all know that girl needs some good loving.
Old 09-25-04, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Carter's going to have another person come into his life, and it ain't gonna be Abby.

Now how about Shane getting a taste of India...

ER likes to pair folks up multi-culturally given its track record of late.
Old 09-25-04, 10:41 AM
Cool New Member

Carter's on the fast track to destruction and if he does get involved once again with another woman, that's a sure sign.

I think Abby will see this and I can see her being there to support him. It may be awhile before we see a romance between them but their relationship came about because of their friendship and Abby saving Carter's life and I see her doing it again. Just my opinion but I think the writers see what they have in Carter and Abby and are just buying time before they work on that relationship again.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.