Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Bad Best Buy experience

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Bad Best Buy experience

Old 09-22-04, 01:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad Best Buy experience

I went to Best Buy today to purchase 2 DVDs using the 20% off Madden coupon. I noticed that the discount applied to only one DVD and told the cashier that the coupon is good for up to 3 DVDs. The cashier then got another employee and he told me that it was good for only 1 DVD. Then I said that the bottom of the coupon states limit to 3 DVDs. But he said that coupon states 20% off ANY DVD. I'm like that doesn't mean any one DVD, plus why would they have the fine print on the bottom saying it is limited to 3 DVDs. At the end, he tells me to take the 20% off one DVD or out the door with you! He then left and I only bought 1 DVD.

I am never going to shop at that crappy Best Buy ever again.
Old 09-22-04, 03:38 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Which BB was that?

Shopping experience at BB varies vastly depending on which stores and which employee/manager you happen to deal with.
Old 09-22-04, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had one of those types of coupons once. I got more than the coupon said (the coupon was for one DVD, by the way) and they took the percentage off the cheaper DVD, a 9.99 priced DVD, and the other was a box set. Obviously, I wasn't too thrilled and asked for them to refund me or ring it up again, and I got my money back. I say that if your coupon did say that, they owe you two more DVDs at discount.
Old 09-22-04, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It did, it does, and it should. Call the store back, insist on a manager, tell him what happened. If he will not resolve the issue, get names and numbers!

Contact Best Buy Corporate and let them know your treatment. Each cashiers number is on the receipt you received. They can also tell what managers were on duty.

You did get one of the worst, but its not surprising.

They owe you two more dicounts.
Old 09-23-04, 12:24 AM

Originally posted by eau
Which BB was that?

Shopping experience at BB varies vastly depending on which stores and which employee/manager you happen to deal with.
It was in CA.

If I call Best Buy Corporate or get the store manager and tell them what had happened, will I get anything besides the 2 more discounts that I receive? Also, what will happen to the employee?
Old 09-23-04, 09:11 AM

So they acted like you were in the wrong and they were doing you a big favor just giving you one discount and you still gave them your money? No wonder they feel comfortable abusing their customers. It's like Dr. Phil says, "we teach others how to treat us."
Old 10-06-04, 08:48 AM

Check out this site for disgruntled Best Buy customers/employees:

www.bestbuysux.com

You'll find you are not alone!
Old 10-06-04, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,033 Likes on 4,118 Posts
I had almost the exact same expierence yesterday! I tried to buy both Aladan and a DMB DVD and it only took 20% off Aladan. I said "Look, it says good for up to three DVDs" and my checker replied "Yes, but it only takes 20% off the first one". I said "That's one DVD! What would happen if I came here with ten DVDs? The coupon wouldn't work at all then?" I asked her "Can't you just adjust it so that the other DVD is 20% off as well" She said "No I'd lose my job" I didn't think that was such a bad thing, but said "I'll come back when I can find someone who knows how to count to three!" and left.
Old 10-06-04, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
That is when you walk back to the electronics dept. get another coupon book and go back to the same cashier. Pull the coupon out and leave the remaining booklet on his counter. Some employees are just assholes.

I have been lucky I guess. I asked for a price match once(I didn't have the ad), and the guy gave it to me anyway, took my word on the price.
Old 10-08-04, 10:18 AM

The site you are trying to reach is www.bestbuysux.org NOT www.bestbuysux.com.
Old 10-08-04, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
well, had an experience yesterday. I ordered a dvd online to pick up there (cheaper off the website than in store). Anyway, all I have to do is go to customer service and it is behind the counter ready to go. Well, there is one employee at CS desk and 5 people in line. While there are 5 cashiers standing around talking with no customers. What is wrong with that picture. The CS girl paged a manager as well and another employeed walked by and said "good luck with the M.O.D. thing, he is in an interview." Sheesh, that place is run by monkeys.
Old 10-09-04, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts
Don't insult monkeys.
Old 10-12-04, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Anyone have experience convincing BB employees that the Rewards Zone Gift Certificates you get in the mail are not coupons, but are like using a BB gift card or even cash, and therefore it's okay to use them along with the 10% Off Discount Weekend coupons and/or BB gift cards?
That's always fun, happened to me twice so far.
Old 10-12-04, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally posted by darqleo
Anyone have experience convincing BB employees that the Rewards Zone Gift Certificates you get in the mail are not coupons, but are like using a BB gift card or even cash, and therefore it's okay to use them along with the 10% Off Discount Weekend coupons and/or BB gift cards?
That's always fun, happened to me twice so far.
I do, but I always make sure to insist that I'm overcharged by whatever amount my RZ Certificates are for, just to make sure I'm not treated anymore fairly than every other customer.
Old 10-12-04, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

welcome to the club.