Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fileplanet subscribers.. Guaranteed into 2 great betas

If you are a subscriber and go here

http://www.fileplanet.com/betacenter...upsell_b.shtml
you are guaranteed a spot on the World of Warcraft Closed Stress test beta

and here

http://www.fileplanet.com/betacenter/tribesvengeance/

Tribes 3 Vengence Beta

the wow on will be up for everyone in a couple of days and the Tribes one is exclusive only to subscribers though. Remeber Subscribers are guaranteed a spot in the WOW stress test which will last about a week from what i read.
Old 08-27-04, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I would love to know how much they paid Blizzard to be allowed to host this. It's BS and I lost a lot of respect for WoW in them saying 'unless you pay, we dont garantee you will be allowed in the stress test'.

It's a bloody stress test that lasts a week and they want us to pay, what the f*** is with that. I've been beta testing for years and when I had to pay for a beta in the past, they mailed you a cd and let you test for the remainder of the beta test and not a week to try to drum up the hype on their title.
Old 08-28-04, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

i agree.. I am not a fileplanet subscriber and i will not subscribe for it. But i thought i might let some people know who are subscribers and havn't been there in a few days or were on the fence about subscribing. I wish it weren't like this either. They are both great betas, I did not lie about that. Yeah it would be nice for everyone to get a chance though :/ . As i said I'm not condoning the actions just providing info for people who are subscribed
Old 08-28-04, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I subscribed to IGN and got a sub to fileplanet along with it - I didn't pay just for the prospect of getting these demos, so I don't really see it as paying to be a beta tester, but I guess I can see where you guys are coming from. I may check out Tribes 3.
Old 08-28-04, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've been a FilePlanet subscriber for the past year and it has been the greatest investment I've made other than NetFlix. Being as how I'm an avid PC gamer, FilePlanet is a great place to get all the newest files I need for my favorite games. And the betas and exclusives, make it completely worth it. No need to wait in line, 3 Mb/sec download rates, no ads. It's great. Jeez, I sound like an ad exec.
Old 08-28-04, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Shill shill!
Old 08-28-04, 06:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I also see your point trigger. I guess if i paid for a service such as fileplanet then it would be nice to see that every now and again we would get some exclusive stuff to thank us for the money we spent. I will not buy a sub just for this but the people who had one before because they liked the content deserve it i guess
Old 08-28-04, 09:48 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
This is why I am going with Guild Wars. I can play with no monthly fee, and I don't have to pay to try the game before committing to buying it.
Old 08-29-04, 06:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

public signup for warcraft test is up
Old 08-29-04, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There was this controversy last week at Gamespot. Complete members could enter for a chance at 3 spots for the WoW beta.

They said the 19th they were going to post the winners... And they didn't.

Gamespot just posted a message on the boards saying that the winners were notified by e-mail.However, no winners went on the boards to share their joy.

A lot of people were upset. I hope Gamespot didn't put up a fake contest just to get more complete members
Old 08-29-04, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Go figure, they are 'out' of keys just as the public thing opens, what a ****ing joke by Blizzard
Old 08-29-04, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Feneant
Go figure, they are 'out' of keys just as the public thing opens, what a ****ing joke by Blizzard
I still gave it a shot 'cause I'm curious. Just got my gamespy ID (NOT the subscription) and my application was accepted but I'm on the "waiting list".

Whatever , this is a stress test so even if I get in I do expect major lag and/or crashes; like in EQ when there was a GM event in a zone and 456 players would just flood the zone hoping to get a no-drop sandal with +2 wisdom

EDIT: I received my key and I'm in the stress test. It took maybe 6 hours from the time I applied so that's not too bad!

Now, since I don't subscribe to FilePlanet I'm now waiting to download the client...I'm now 403/424

Last edited by Darkfriend; 08-29-04 at 04:35 PM.